blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 484651 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: April 04, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »

Got drawn into the first three matches draw at 4/1

First time I have ever done a Trixie
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: April 04, 2019, 01:50:56 PM »

games best of 14 now so draw is 7-7 but the increased price of 4/1 if you can get it in the coin flip games is better value than 7/2 iin the best of 12 games. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: April 25, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »

drawssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 25, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »

Haha, I only ever remember when someone posts.

Good luck, anyone who's on!

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: April 28, 2019, 12:20:40 AM »

Like wright smith and price all as big priced underdogs next week
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: May 09, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »

Wonder where Gary is, and what he's doing with his back.... Big rankings chance opening up for him here, Peter Wrights slump down the rankings continues and he has another £100k to lose between now and the matchplay, Gurney has £150k to defend between now and the grand prix, Cross nealry £500k to defend between now and the worlds, Smith out of form, Price has slipped off a bit and is a long way back, there's really no opposition to Gary rolling into world #2 for end of the year unless of course he doesn't play!! Hope to see him back asap, the World Cup would be good to see, short games and fairly easy format with decent prize money, if he doesn't turn up to that then we've probs got to assume the worst for Gary....

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 24, 2019, 10:16:56 PM »

Premier league was really exciting for the group stages, one of the most open/exciting I can remember and the fact the top spot wasn't even decided till the last night was cool as well. The final sort of petered out into zzzzzzzz though Rob Cross has a real weakness I think for multi-game days these days, hence why he seems incapable of consistently performing on the euro tour. His dominance over this tournament is pretty indicative of ultimately how hard he dominates the game overall. The only real weak spot you could say is he only currently holds 2x majors (worlds and grand prix) but then he has won 30 major titles in 7 years and is besrt part of a million quid clear in the rankings, so....

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 24, 2019, 11:24:38 PM »

RWB to beat Darren Webster tomorrow 6/4
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 25, 2019, 12:35:07 AM »

World Cup

I really like this tournament, and I'm really excited for this one, feels way more open than previous years. Think we MIGHT see some wacky results, the short formats always lend themselves to some unpredictable results!! The format really lends itself to teams with composed players in them and the format being doubles only in rnd1 we are DEFO going to see an upset.

Running through the betting, I see a lot of potential banana skins for the seeds for this tournament.

England - Top seeds for this and it does seem like the most likely winners on paper, however I just can't bring myself to fancy them actually winning it, Rob Cross has been superb on TV so far this year and thoroughly under-whelming on the floor. Micheal Smith been pretty inconsistent all year, if the two of them turn up they'll be too much for anyone bar scotland and wales to handle and should blast through, I can see them being put in a venreable spot at least once or twice on the way through this tournament. They have an extremely lose-able game in round 1 vs the Philippines. Noel Malicdem and Laurence Ilagan are both very dangerous players who have performed well on big TV stages before, they have also played pairs games in sot-tip with each other in asia, a race to 9 match vs two players who have it in them to be inconsistent, I wouldn't wanna be betting them for that game at on. The format round 2+ will suit these two better but they gonna run into two more tricky players in round 2 in Willie O'Connor and Steve Lennon.  For me, not close to a bet even at top price 3/1.

Netherlands Seeded 4th.  I saw an article which asked if MVG could win this tournament on his own, I think that's extremely unfair on Jermaine Wattimena who is capable of giving anyone a proper game if he plays well, he is unfortunately very inconsistent, and being alongside MVG will either get him going or over-whelm him. You know what you're gonna get from MVG, so Wattimena's performance is going to be paramount, if he plays really well then the dutch will very likely win the tournament, they do have a bit of a nasty draw though. Spain in the doubles is certainly losable, Poland are surefire dark horses for this in round 2, Australia with a resurgent Whitlock in round 3, England in the Semis. 11/4 a tempter when the MVG factor is there, think Jermaine Wattimena is just going to be too weak vs the big dogs if they have to play an in form England/Scotland/Wales.

Scotland Seeded 2nd here, a real head-scratcher... The big question for the Scots is going to be GARY'S BACK barely played a competitive game since being turned over by MVG in the world semis (8 games, won 3, averaged ~95, he was filled in 6-0 by PW last time he played) however it's just a matter of fitness for Gary, he's never going to lack confidence or be rusty on the big stage. Peter Wright has been pretty poor this year really however he does have a knack of grafting results out and so much experience, the changing darts nonsense keeps popping back up and you cant massively trust his mental game. They have a pretty safe passage to the 1/4s and if Gary is fit then I would probably make them favourites, if Gary struggles then I cant see how they get past the Welsh or an in form England. Best price 7/2 with perhaps the best draw, I would just be so concerned about Gary's fitness, he has barely played and that despite Gary's lowish volume in general is not a good sign and therefore I'd be steering clear.

Wales Seeded 3rd and I would say serious contenders for this one, I would say over the course of this year these two are probs the most consistent team between them, they are mates and to me feel like the strongest team in this competition, Gerwyn Price has turned himself into a legit rockstar and Johny Clayton is making a big charge for the top 10. I think they're almost guaranteed to play well and have the firey spirit that defo suits team play, but unfortunately for the Welsh lads they seem to have gotten themselves the worst draw going.  Singapore filled Scotland in round 1 two years ago and with Paul Lim at the helm they are guarenteed to be a tough game, Japan are another dark horse with Siego Asada and Haruki Muramatsu who have both played well on TV before (you'll remember Siego from the "I did it for my country" shenangians with Wadey at the worlds) he's beaten lots of top pros, and again these two are friends who will be comfortable playing together. Northern Ireland in the quarters, scotland (probs) in the semi's its a tough route for these two but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them winAt best price 7/1 I would fancy this team.

Northern Ireland #6 seeds, of course all about Daryl Gurney who's turned himself into a real warrior these days, alongside Brendon Dolan who himself has been playing pretty well for the past year without and real moves, he'll benefit massively from playing alongside DG who's scoring power can match anyones on it's day, Dolan's always been a real steady doubler and this partnership should work well. Reasonably nice path into the 1/4s for a probable showdown with the Welsh, which will be an enormous test for them, if scotland dont turn up for the semi's I wouldn't be overly shocked if they trundle themselves into the final, most likely for the N.I lads though is a 1/4 final send off from Price and Clayton, they just have too much to over-come and when they're gonna need the extra firepower Brendon Dolan just probably isn't going to find it. 14/1 just tooooo skinny.

Australia The 5th seeds here, not a massively positive outlook for this Ozzies here, Whitlock, having dropped off a bit towards the back end of last year has put a few good performances together later and looks to be back playing much better. What he really needs is a solid playing partner and a good draw and unfortunately he has neither. Naughty little opener vs the Fins round 1, fairly easy 2nd round vs Canada or Italy then likely Netherlands, then England before they get to the final, Kyle Anderson has just been way out of for lately, having troubles with his glasses, darts, changed his throw. Dont fancy them at all, wouldn't be surprised if the Finnish turned them over and whereas in short formats they could be a proper match for anyone, not going to be an easy game for the Netherlands, I just cant see them putting up any challenge for this and even at 22/1, not for me.

Belguim Ranked 7th, on paper Kim and Dimi shouldn't pose much threats in this, neither of them have had any real form this year and Dimitri has looked really hit and miss, with a string of 80 averages thrown in. However...they are good friends, lots of respect there, played great last year together and both absolutely love TV darts and have a habbit of bringing it for big games, tricky draw and a bit of a lack of form but at 25/1 I could be tempted in there....

Austria Seeded 8th, as good as mensur is he's going to get no help whatsover from Zoran in this and I think they are going to need help form the draw, mensur alone should get them into the 1/4s but whoever they find from this point I cant see them beating, even at 33/1 wouldn't be for me.

Outside of the seeded teams,

Poland - 66/1 - Krystof Ratajski & Tytus Kanik two players massively on the up and up, both full of confidence, they have a pretty easy opener and then a really testing 2nd round vs Netherlands, but that is a game I can just really see them winning, Ratajski is just so solid and a proven winner on the tour now, these two should make a great team. I think they're a fantastic easy way poke and unless something drastic happens I think I'll be betting them vs Holland in the second round.

Germany 33/1 - In what is undoubtedly the weakest quarter of the draw, and with big question marks over scotland, some fairly serious question marks over Belguim, looking for a serious contender for this quarter there is not really anyone else to look at bar the germans. Good friends, played together many times, both absolutely love playing for German crowds and both capable of firing in big averages.

Philippines -250/1 - As mentioned earlier, two extremely dangerous players who've performed well on TV before, they have a horrible opener vs England but after that it's not looking too bad for these two, Ireland will put up a fight but they're not top tier, Austria are half a team, Australia are out of form, we have doubts of Netherlands...as a 250/1 EW nod they look great to me, I can see the waves parting for them and they might just cause some upsets!

New Zealand 300/1 - Cody Harris is vastly improving and Haupai Puha put in a really good display in the world series events, I think they're going to find themselves falling short too often to mount a challenge for this but I wouldn't be hating taking them at a big price vs N.I

Japan - 125/1 - As I said, really like this pair and I could see them causing some upsets, the draw for them is really tough though so I wouldn't be betting them at 125/1, the sprinkling of 200/1 though could really tempt me EW/

For me, I would be looking at;

Medium Bet Wales 7/1 WIN
Small Bet Germany 33/1 WIN
Medium Bet Poland 66/1 EW
Small Bet Philippines 250/1 EW

The first round will provide a lot of options to oppose big favourites, with the unpredictable format I cant see wanting to be on any team at 1/5 there.

Patriotically though, I guess we gotta cheer for England   win or lose

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 25, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »

RWB to beat Darren Webster tomorrow 6/4

Webster was awful and lost 6-2.
They were talking about his elbow still not being right, will be looking to oppose him again
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: June 08, 2019, 07:12:45 PM »

just goes to show how deep darts quality is these days, if you dont turn up you get Ironed out pretty quickly these days.

I've taken decent lay positions on England and Netherlands, Jermaine Wattimena was brilliant in the first round and Australia's inevitable fall leaves them with a pretty easy (on paper) 1/4 final, and MVG playing vs Ratajski certainly the desireable match-up for the dutch. Gary's back seems to be fine and PW keeping to the same set of darts bodes v well for the Scotts, they looking good for faves right now.

Still not convinced by England, they have another potential tricky one vs Rep.Ireland tonight and a probable 1/4 final vs Austria for whom Zoran Lerchbacher player great in rnd 1, I probably under-estimated just how good morale it must be playing alongside Mensur!

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: June 08, 2019, 10:53:46 PM »

Willie O’Connor!

Pretty brainless stuff from the Poles to put Ratajski up against MVG.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: June 09, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »

Pretty brainless stuff from the Poles to put Ratajski up against MVG.

Complete madness, MVG is 95%+ to be going first too, easiest strategic match - up in sporting history that, you're never trying to beat the netherlands 2-0, your strat is get to the pairs and see what happens, put wattimena under pressure.

Canada have done the same thing, although it's less relevant given they are such massive under-dogs, but Dawson Murchell has been playing well enough so far to give Wattimena again, who's yet to put to any sort of real test in the tournament, and Jim Long can have some warm up darts vs MVG. BO7 game in the pairs you never know what can happen, it's really poor thinking. Was close to a gimme anyway but it's even more of a gimme now, 1.11 Holland looks big to me.

Irish boys look lively, that's not going to be an easy tie for the dutch at all.

Scotland looking a bit unbeatable to me if they maintain the form they've shown so far its extremely hard to see anyone beating them

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: June 09, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »

I felt the Irish lads should have switched it up too due to WOC having the big 100+ game in him with Lennon being the more steadier option up against Wattimena. It worked out for them in the end regardless. MVG will be hoping on an upgrade on Wattimena next year, he should get it in the shape of JDZ

Really enjoyable tournament overall and the best side all week hacked up in the end. Anderson and Wright clearly on much better terms than they were a couple of years back. That should give them both a lift to get their year started.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: June 15, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »

Shitty Webster about to play
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: