blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread  (Read 14181 times)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »

A lot of Football info can get absorbed within the Tips for Tikay abyss , so a dedicated thread would be beneficial to all .

Below is my recent post on that thread for this coming weekend .....

It would be good to hear everybodies football related viewpoints on any player , manager , team ,league ,event etc regardless of your betting or football knowledge !
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:56:29 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »

Some Good Pieces by Neil ,Phil and others over the last few days and totally understand the logic on how you have more chance of making a profit in less popular markets.

Football and one day International cricket have always been my chosen sport but with there been less 50 over matches (due mainly to twenty /twenty) my focus is more football these days

Not sure you are wanting Football recommendations anymore but the thread can decide and Ill offer up when I see fit.

So after not seeing a decent bet in 6 weeks I now have identified 2 in the space of a few days...The first was Spurs to beat Liverpool on Wednesday , and the next is Chelsea to beat West Ham away from home on Saturday (early kick off) , as I feel West Ham have been punching above their weight so far this season and Chelsea are ready to put a team to the sword.

If it was at Stamford Bridge Chelsea would be a 2-5 / 1-3 shot but away from home they are currently 21-20 @Bet Victor which I think represents value

Suggested Bet Chelsea to beat West Ham @ 21-20

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/west-ham-v-chelsea/winner
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:41:28 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

I reckon by tomorrow morning you may get 23/20 Chelsea, minimum 11/10.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:13:06 PM »

This is a real "swimming against the tide" pick.

And I think it has alot of merit.

But as Dwayne said, the price is very likely to drift further, so wait until near kickoff to get on.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »

What price do we think Chelsea would have been for this game just after they beat Spurs 4-2?   Assuming West Ham form constant.

4/6?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »

I discovered today that Villa owe Sunderland £4m if Bent plays 3 more games for them

This lies behind him not being on the bench behind Benteke

He's a cut price offload in January as Lambert doesn't lke his attitude

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

Kind of self defeating.  Sunderland miss out on £4 million, but the buyer knocks £4 million off the paying price because they know that Villa know that they know.

So the buyer is the only winner?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »

I discovered today that Villa owe Sunderland £4m if Bent plays 3 more games for them

Don't like how Lambert has done this, is kinda embarrassing not even having him even in the squad.  Villa have been dull as dishwater this season and only a couple of decent results have papered the cracks.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

Don't like how Lambert has done this, is kinda embarrassing not even having him even in the squad.  Villa have been dull as dishwater this season and only a couple of decent results have papered the cracks.

Surely better to tell the truth than humiliate the fella in the way he has been?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

I like Benteke,think he looks good

Not really sure why Lambert seems fixated on playing 1 up though

I know the Villa owner Lerner stopped putting much money into the club around the time of the O'Neill disputes, but surely Bent+Benteke up front would lead to extra points and be more than worth £4m to Sunderland?

Odd all round

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »

Surely better to tell the truth than humiliate the fella in the way he has been?

Yep having a young kid on the bench in front of him and then saying its nothing personal is a lie. Just tell everyone he don't fancy him and will go at Xmas. If they had won the game vs Saints when they played both of them upfront I wonder what would have happened?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »

I know the Villa owner Lerner stopped putting much money into the club around the time of the O'Neill disputes, but surely Bent+Benteke up front would lead to extra points and be more than worth £4m to Sunderland?

Odd all round

I am still not in the know on why Lambert went to Villa? Did he have some argument or broken promises with Norwich? I know the court case against him and Norwich but dunno the details. I would have rather stayed there then go to Villa knowing there would be no investment.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »

Odd all round

I am still not in the know on why Lambert went to Villa? Did he have some argument or broken promises with Norwich? I know the court case against him and Norwich but dunno the details. I would have rather stayed there then go to Villa knowing there would be no investment.

Has Lerner done his money?

Sold the Browns in a hurry, and has cut off funds to Villa after spending at will when he first showed up..

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »

Went to the Valley to see Charlton beat Peteborough 2-0 midweek.

Was very unimpressed by the home side who basically did a hit and run job against the posh who totally outplayed them in the second half.

Basically Charlton had 2/3 proper attempts and scored from 2 of them, the first was a mad punt from quite far out that flew in.

Couldn't quite decide whether this meant I should follow posh or oppose Charlton in the short term.

Well unforts the away side looked pretty toothless up front hence the scoreline while Charlton are playing in form Milwall this weekend. So i'll just oppose Charlton for now.

Milwall are enjoying a fantastic run of form as of late and I was pretty shocked to see any odds against quotes for them at home for this match.

11/10 is lovely and i've also availed myself of the 3-1 with paddy power for the lions to win by two or more.

I can't see Charlton being as lucky again. They'll need to play much better to get anything at the den and I can't see it from what I saw midweek.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

I havent done a great deal of work on this game but must say it struck me as a big price.  Off the top of my head I weoul;d have though 10/11 would have been closer to the mark.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: