blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread  (Read 14197 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »

I put this in Tikays thread but I'll mention it here too.
I'm not sure why but Paddy Power are still pricing West Ham at 23/10 to beat Pool even though Suarez is suspended for the game. Every other firm has cut their prices from ~5/2 to ~2/1.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »

This time last year Newcastle would of been at least a 1 -2 shot against Wigan but now they can be backed at a touch better than Evens

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-wigan/winner

Be interested to hear peoples viewpoints
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

This time last year Newcastle would of been at least a 1 -2 shot against Wigan but now they can be backed at a touch better than Evens

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-wigan/winner

LOL. Fairly simple. Newcastle are a worse team, in worse form and Wigan are a more solid proposition!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

How injury hit are Newcastle tonight?

I like more than Evens in principle, depending on team news

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »

BBC says:

Newcastle's growing list of absentees now includes James Perch, who is banned after picking up a fifth booking.
Yohan Cabaye, Shola Ameobi (both groin), Steven Taylor, Hatem Ben Arfa (both hamstring) and Gabriel Obertan (toe) are among those missing.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

Good luck to whoever you back tonight guys, but please Kone score a hatful!!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 02:10:14 PM »

Good luck to whoever you back tonight guys, but please Kone score a hatful!!

F U Tongue

I don't know what the price should be and I wouldn't touch this game but we have to win tonight, and I think we will, but that's more blind optimism than anything else.

I did say we'd get beat off Southampton though, and we will win tonight.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »

Haha I'm happy for the Toon to win, all I want is Kone cushioning himself from the pack Wink

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

I fancy Wigan but have played with 365 on the asians @1.875/7/8-must get a 188 account as they are 1.9/9/10.

I backed Wigan versus City last week and for the first 60 minutes they were the better team.

Bad finishing and City's better class did for them, but overall I was really impressed with Martinez's side.

Newcastle have a terrible injury record at the moment, and altho Wigan have problems in that area too,they aren't missing such key squad members as the home side are.

Newcastle this season are certainly no Man City. Yet the markets seem to indicate they are far the better side here, almost as if they haven't priced in those injury problems.

I have dabbled on Wigan at 4.1 on the machine and have even had a flutter on-1@11.0.

However, I think the main value is in backing Wigan on the asians as the draw is a huge player here too.

I fancy Wigan+0.5 on the asian handicap@1.875+.

Like most of the bookies that offer this bet in similar markets, I make it nearer a 8/11-4/6 shot at best.

Other peeps thoughts?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »

I like Wigan when they are long odds, everything favours a win for them tonight. But I have a nagging feeling Newcastle are simply due a performance. Against a backdrop of injuries and lack of form .
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 08:23:43 PM »

Oh well looks like my bet is done and dusted.

Well done all that are on the geordies.

Down 1-0 and down to ten min within 15 minutes. Sad
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »

sighs, even the reverse bok i tried which worked at wknd has now bokked it and its now 2-0, game, set match.........
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »

This has gotten no comment in the Tikay thread so I'll put it here too.

Champions league.

The 1st two teams in the betting are Barca (13/5) and Real (7/2), the next 2 are German, Bayern (8/1), Dortmund (9/1). Then we get the English, French, Italian, Portugese, Ukrainian teams.
Keep going down and we arrive at the 3rd German team, Shalke 04, who can be backed @ 66/1.

If we look at the German league, Bayern are cruising and look the dominant team.
Then comes Leverkusen, then Dortmund and Schalke in 3rd and 4th separated by 2 points.

So we have 2 German teams, both of whom have qualified for last 16 and likely to top their groups (albeit Dortmunds was much tougher), looking like they are similarly matched in their national league and yet one is 9/1 4th favs for the Champs league and the other is 66/1 12th favs.
And Schalke didn't play Champs league last year but 2 years ago were beaten by Man United in the semi finals.
We all know the Germans are coming (in a couple of years they may be the dominant league in Europe?) but is there value here on Schalke, or conversely, are Dortmund too short?

The only league I know anything about is the Premier league and I don't even watch Champs League, let alone the Bundseliga so perhaps the prices are correct but would welcome other views.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

Worry not Dazzy, it WILL get comment from me tomorrow, as I think it s a great spot.

I already have a small interest in Dortmund at a fancy price, and you have found a real price anomoly here. At that price a small interest is near mandatory, even if only for trading purposes. They only have to win once in the ko stages and 66/1 will become 12/1.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »

Worry not Dazzy, it WILL get comment from me tomorrow, as I think it s a great spot.

I already have a small interest in Dortmund at a fancy price, and you have found a real price anomoly here. At that price a small interest is near mandatory, even if only for trading purposes. They only have to win once in the ko stages and 66/1 will become 12/1.

Sorry Tony, I hope that didn't come across as me having a hissy fit coz no one commented on it in your thread. It wasn't intended that way at all. I understand a ton of stuff gets posted. If people don't have an opinion, they don't have an opinion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: