blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Football Information ,Tips & Discussion Thread  (Read 14190 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »

According to the bibs theory, Joe Cole is going to start against Villa this weekend.
There may be some value in him as 1st goalscorer @ 9/1 with both Paddy Power and Bet365, generally 6/1-15/2.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 12:18:23 PM »

Does anyone have a view on the Barnsley v Sheff Weds game or the Notts County v Brentford match?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »

Does anyone have a view on the Barnsley v Sheff Weds game or the Notts County v Brentford match?

I posted on TfT saying

Barnsley 0 clean sheet in 10

Wednesday 1 clean sheet in 10 & 1 in 20.

4/6 for both teams to score looks a half decent price, even at odds on.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

Im on over 2.5 goals @ 4-5 with betfred and trying to get matched on betfair.

Stats suggest goals but then again there's lies , damned lies and statistics  Wink
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2012, 12:29:32 PM »

That's the Barnsley Sheff Wed game by the way
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

Having made money from opposing Wednesday at home recently I'm a bit more cautious about the game at Barnsley. Think the odds are about right.

Do you ask about those particular games for a reason?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »

Having made money from opposing Wednesday at home recently I'm a bit more cautious about the game at Barnsley. Think the odds are about right.

Do you ask about those particular games for a reason?

Thanks guys,

These aren't really strong enough of the T4T thread but they provoked a bit of thought/musing and a couple of small bets.

That Weds game looks pretty tough but I did think Barnsley were value at 13/8 even tho Weds long losing run has been mainly against v good teams in the Div. I thought it was a pretty solid 2.4 or so given the Div is running at about 5/4 the home as a starting price. The 2.4 allowed for the derby factor but VC were 13/8 Barnsley earlier which I thought was ok for a small bet.This might not be a factor but they have given Leeds two proper tonkings in the last two derby games at Oakwell and this should be a bigger rivalry. They haven't scored more than one goal in any home game this season tho which helped to keep it small.

That County game just looks like one of the tightest matches in that league this year to me. Only one team has drawn more games than these two teams so far. The draw is running at about 5/2 in that league so far(28%) but this looks like a short draw to me given those stats,the last 2 seasons were 1-1, in fact the last four times this fixtures has taken place in 5 years it has been 1-1. That might show there is very little between these teams which was my impression anyway. County also on a run of drawing a few games.

Anyway, it looked a short draw and it is the shortest priced draw fixed odds in that league this weekend but was 5/2 on BF earlier which I thought was too big given that is the Div average at the moment, tho I ended up taking 3.45 for most of it in the end.

If you are around Chip Prince I wondered if you had seen any of these teams recently?

cheers
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:01:16 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »

Hi Bobby, only just seen this, and I haven't seen either actually!

I've only been back watching L1 games since the start of November so have only seen 6/7 teams at the mo.

Walsall, for T4T to be relegated is looking tasty at 7/1 having seen them at Coventry last saturday then at home v Yeovil on sat. They play Colchester on saturday which is an important as they are struggling at bit too.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

Cheers Chip,

I almost went to the County game myself but the timings were too tight in the end, would have been a bad day made worse by the late winner.

ps can you please find Sheff Utd another striker and a creative midfielder please  Wink

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

Im liking Newcastle at home @11-10 against QPR who havent won on the road in any competition for well over a year( quite incerdible)

Feel QPRs win against Fulham could be a false dawn and they could be exposed even by an indifferent Newcastle team at St James Park

Interested in other peoples views as 11=10 seem on the right side of value

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-qpr/winner
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »

Im liking Newcastle at home @11-10 against QPR who havent won on the road in any competition for well over a year( quite incerdible)

Feel QPRs win against Fulham could be a false dawn and they could be exposed even by an indifferent Newcastle team at St James Park

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-qpr/winner
hi buddy, watched newcastle against city an I think it's a tricky game to bet own with newcastle home form terrible an form in general not good with a few key players out. In the past the st James crowd would be a lift but I think it's affecting players confidence at mo an there defending is really poor. Watching brief my advise !
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »

hi buddy, watched newcastle against city an I think it's a tricky game to bet own with newcastle home form terrible an form in general not good with a few key players out. In the past the st James crowd would be a lift but I think it's affecting players confidence at mo an there defending is really poor. Watching brief my advise !

Hi Pete...be interested to get a QPR fan or camel view on this one too
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »

Hi Pete...be interested to get a QPR fan or camel view on this one too
QPR did play like a team last few outings an I know how much u think they will go down but don't let that cloud ur judgement! Harry got half a chance to turn it around !
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »

Think QPR are a due to be hammered and if it is tomorrow you can back a big score Newcastle victory at a fancy price

Ive done           3  - 0  @ 27
                       4   -0  @ 65
                       5  - 0  @ 210
                       6   -0  @ 780

Howay the Lads             

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:07 PM »

Playing an awful lot better since Harry put the old guard (Hill, Derry and Mackie) back in and gave Taarabt a free role.

Nelsen playing great at the back, so is Green.

Need a striker badly, but while Adel is in the form he's in, he can score from anywhere.

Couldn't back a woeful and injury riddled Newcastle team at 11/10.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: