blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 256114 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: December 27, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »

Noel has confirmed that Bingo will race at Exeter on New Years Day. He is going to wear a 'hood' which will help him focus
apparently. The plan is to drop him at the back and let him work his way into the race. We are 'expecting' to be there at the business end of the race because despite the mini disaster at Huntingdon Noel thinks we have a proper one. The jockey will be James Banks who had 3 wins and a second at Market Rasen yesterday.
    I am not sure if I will be going at this stage. To drive past Cheltenham on New Years Day to go to Exeter after the trauma of Huntingdon is a real test,especially as I have a trip to Fulham planned for the next day.
    Hope all readers have had a good Christmas.One highlight was introducing my 86yr old father to the Internet via his new 'Ipad'. Great to see him trawling Utube for images of flying Vulcans and Singapore in the late 60's as well as the video camera facility. I wil keep him off Blonde. Two generations is enough. Ed is flying back from South Africa tonight having spent Christmas with his new in laws. He went to the Test at Durban on Boxing Day so missed SWFC tanking Birmingham at Hillsborough.
     So that's the update for now. Love and Rockets.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 01, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »

With the boy in a bar at Cheltenham Racecourse about to watch the race in the BetFred bookies. HNY.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 01, 2016, 01:45:07 PM »

50/1 is available. I hope you have a nice e/w bet on if he is in contention. It must be really exciting for you guys. GL!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 01, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »

Good Luck Bingo!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 01, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

How did it get on?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 01, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »

Well the good news is he finished the race and jumped well in pretty atrocious conditions. The plan was to start well back and move into contention in the final part of the race. The going was so soft he was never going to catch up. Noel says he hasn't been worked to hard since the fall at Huntingdon so this was very much a run out. It felt like a small victory that he got round ok and apparently he jumped quite well so everyone is pleased with the progress. It was quite amusing watching it in the Bet Fred shop at Cheltenham with all the New Years Day action going on all around. Great fun. The next adventure is tomorrow when we regroup by the Thames for lunch and the Fulham game. Apparently Wednesday have sold 3,500 and ours are right in the middle of them. Certainly no prawn sandwiches tomorrow. WAWAW. Hope you all had a great time last night and 2016 brings you all you ask for. Love and Rockets.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »

So feedback from the trainer. Bingo is fine after the exertions at Exeter and ' trotted up sound and eaten up '. ( This is horse trainer talk). Seems he was a little shell shocked after the exertion and he came 6th from 18 and despite tiring towards the end seemed to get the hang of his job and jumped a lot better. Will know soon when Bingo will be having his next little adventure. Yesterday's trip to Fulham was a great success with an absolute belter  of a goal from Wallace to nick all three points. It's was good to go to a match with Ed and Alice.As they rightly build their respective lives these moments become rarer and as such even more special. The world of work returns with a vengeance tomorrow so it's unlikely there will be much to update on here. Unless of course I bink the DTD  Deepstack this afternoon.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 03, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

Hi Ian, i watched this race and yours did seem to jump ok at the back and as far as i could make out in the conditions did seem to move up a bit quite nicely,before tiring.. Should come on for that run esp after the injury, good luck and keep us informed please.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 04, 2016, 03:39:11 AM »

Thoroughly enjoying this Mr. Gascoigne Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 04, 2016, 07:55:55 AM »

Love the honesty, the wit, & the family love.

Shame you are so old. Old people are so dull, I find.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 13, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »

It's all happening. Bingo is having another run out this Friday at Huntingdon. Now we know he can jump and get round a track it seems the trainer is keen to get him in the arena again. It's a NH horses only event so no ex flat runners. Because of his run in France he should get a handicap mark after this run which opens up a host of opportunities for us in the future. Apparently there isn't anything too scary in the other entries so he should be competitive regardless of what he declares. The aim is to get him a lot handier from the outset so should get a better sense of his ability. To those Blondes who use these updates as an excuse to bundle a load on, please don't as we have really no idea how he will do. Obviously enjoy the sweat but please don't hold me responsible when he falls at the first ! He's in the 1.50pm race. Tally Ho.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 13, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »

Sheff Wed got a great cup draw Ian

exciting times, league and cup.

i am waiting for mr pearson to be your next manager, still lives in sheffield

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 13, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »

I can't believe Wednesday are flying like they are.  I went to the Stoke cup game and Wednesday looked terrible all game long.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »

I went to that game and it was men against boys. There is a big gap between Championship and Premiership and I also think it was very clear that Stoke wanted it a lot more than an out of sorts Wednesday. The main point though is the huge gulf between the two Leagues. Stoke are such an improved club they are unrecognisable from ten years ago. Good to see,like Leicester City in many respects. That's the journey that I hope Wednesday are on and one I thought I would never see again.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 13, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »

Your fans were EPL standard that night though.  Diff class all night.  Made Stoke's look like Prawn sandwich munchers.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: