blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 254553 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:12 AM »

http://www.bluffeurope.com/PokerMagazine/133-seconds-with-Simon-Deadman_1407.aspx

One of you got a mention.

Also, fairly sure I asked the last question of him when he was In The Well.

Edit: found it. What a liar.

Would you rather encounter ten duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?

lol...horse-sized duck

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:24:09 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 13, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »

Tough gig, Gas Senior has.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 13, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »

I like the open pocket in the both pics. What did he take out of it at short notice? Gloves? Glasses? It's a beautiful coat, Mr G.

Most of all, though, I like the S after the apostrophe. Seems to be going out of fashion, these days. I am a big fan.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 14, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »

It was truly an honour to present the trophy on behalf of the company I joined over 22 years ago. Had such a good day and the boy was there as well. He even managed to pick a 25/1 shot which made the day almost historic.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 14, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »

It was truly an honour to present the trophy on behalf of the company I joined over 22 years ago. Had such a good day and the boy was there as well. He even managed to pick a 25/1 shot which made the day almost historic.

Did you get to chat to JP?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »

Chat? We are almost best friends. Not really,I said it was an honour to meet him and he said thank you. I was to busy concentrating on not doing anything stupid. I have a feeling Ed may report on my meeting with Robert Waley-Cohen. Not being a racing man I didn't quite grasp his status in the sport of Kings.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 14, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »

Chat? We are almost best friends. Not really,I said it was an honour to meet him and he said thank you. I was to busy concentrating on not doing anything stupid. I have a feeling Ed may report on my meeting with Robert Waley-Cohen. Not being a racing man I didn't quite grasp his status in the sport of Kings.

Nothing to see here...

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 29, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »

Father couldn't play the Main Event owing to work commitments, but did manage to 'drag' himself to the weekly VIP game after he'd finished stoking things up with Standard Life.

I do love this photo - look how happy he looks Smiley I can't possibly think why.

'Devilfish and Lucky Fish'

Good luck Dave.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 06, 2015, 10:11:05 PM »

The picture with Devil Fish was taken on Friday 27th February. He was delightful company and I guess he must have known about his illness. Less than 40 days later he lost his battle. I think he was barely 3 years older than myself which is a real wake up call and certainly makes you reflect on what's important in life. I see on Facebook he spent precious time with his children playing music and chillin'. I hope his children will remember that time for ever and ever and my heart goes out to them.
      I remember reading that one of the egalitarian things about poker is that everyone paid the same entry fee to a comp and as such you could find yourself sat with a 'legend' of the game unlike any other sport or game. Devil Fish was already a legend before I entered my first £30 rebuy at Nottingham Gala and many years later, yes,I found myself sat at the same table. He had a great awareness of where he was in a hand but what stuck me most was the humour and  deep down a generosity of spirit which I find is often associated with those who have had to bring themselves by their own bootstraps.
      It makes you realise that a lot of the stuff we get wound up about is nothing but a 'pile of beans'. I hope all the people who have posted on all the tribute sites will themselves reflect on what's important in life. I know I am going to try and slow down a bit, be kinder to people and try and spend a little more time with my own family and children.
       God Bless Dave it was a pleasure meeting you and playing the odd hand together. RIP.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 09, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »

Tomorrow I head to Aintree to join up with Ed for part of his Stag celebrations. Apparently he and his Cambridge chums thought Ladies Day would be huge fun. They are travelling up 'from town' this evening for a quiet night in 'Liverpool' and I will join the debris at lunchtime. Cannot express the weirdness of attending ones own little boys Stag do. Where did the years go and was it ever thus. For those of you reading with young children savour every moment because before you can blink they have left the nest.
    That being said I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow and showing the lightweight pussies how blokes from Sheffield drink beer.

edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 10, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »

Tomorrow I head to Aintree to join up with Ed for part of his Stag celebrations. Apparently he and his Cambridge chums thought Ladies Day would be huge fun. They are travelling up 'from town' this evening for a quiet night in 'Liverpool' and I will join the debris at lunchtime. Cannot express the weirdness of attending ones own little boys Stag do. Where did the years go and was it ever thus. For those of you reading with young children savour every moment because before you can blink they have left the nest.
    That being said I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow and showing the lightweight pussies how blokes from Sheffield drink beer.

First up in the house. Facking routine of waking up at 0625. 3 hours sleep should be plenty. At least I'm up for The Morning Line.

Allez!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 10, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »

First up in the house. Facking routine of waking up at 0625. 3 hours sleep should be plenty. At least I'm up for The Morning Line.

Have a good day, both. You on the Thames in the Gascoigne Boat for Sunday's event?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 10, 2015, 08:50:14 AM »

Did this as part of my Stag two years ago.

Ladies day is amazing, irrespective of the racing.

Have a great day Ed.GL.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 11, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »

Well that was just such brilliant fun. It's easy to be a bit snooty about it all but what a riot of colour and enthusiasm. Never seen so many ladies at a race meeting and those Liverpool girls really are out to have a laugh. A huge happy crowd added to warm and friendly atmosphere and we had a riot.
    Created a base camp about half a furlong from the finish line within easy reach of the Irish Bar. It was up there with Cheltenham. Obviously a lot less tweed and a lot more fake tan but who cares. Cannot remember much about the racing. Got away easily after the racing and Ed and the gang returned into Liverpool on the metro which has a station right next to the track at Aintree. A quirk of nature led to both my camera phone and digital camera going on the blink which is probably as well.
     I can fully recommend Aintree on Ladies Day as a good fun day out.

edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 12, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »

Just an awesome weekend! Also the shape - Thursday arvo kickoff, Saturday midday return proved a master stroke as it permits a full day recovery before return to the working world.

Too many stories to share but, if a picture is indeed worth a thousand words...

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: