blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 133858 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2014, 03:39:10 PM »

sounded like the ring is weak at york, not taking a lot of money to move some of these

pale mimosa was another, no money on course and shortened nearly a full point in the 20 mins before the off

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »

Wow @ that run by G Force, would think that one is well worth following. Doubt we'll see 25/1 again though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »

Just a few days left to enter our free Premier League competition. Closes August 31st.

$500 in prizes winner takes all. Simply email your prediction of the final Premier League table this year to us and closest wins. We've had about 20 entries so far so you have a great chance if you enter.

Full details here:

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/56
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »

Morning Joe & Neil

Are we off to Doncaster in a few weeks for the St Leger?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »

The Anchoring stuff in the newsletter was very interesting, immediately reminded me of this and its hugely applicable to poker too. wp Tighty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_inference

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 30, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »

Hi Stuart,

I was a bit worried about doing Goodwood and York as I thought the markets might be significantly weaker than at the other meetings we covered this year and I definitely don't want to charge people and boast about winners, if the 1st five people had about 23 seconds to get eight quid on. At Goodwood there were times when the prices went instantly, luckily after knocking it in for a week, all those people that were smashing the prices gave up and although we had a decent three-figure number of followers at York, it seemed we could all get on (frustrating to break even after a great start).

I know from experience that Donny just isn't like that. The races often cut up with end of season weather, a lack of horses around, alternative targets in Ireland and Longchamps as well as Ascot looming and a general lack of the each-way races that make the festivals so good.

I fear that similar stories apply for Champions Day, the Arc meeting and the Breeders Cup so the next question is whether the Paddy Power or Hennessey meetings are enough of a festival. I'm not planning to be up early on Boxing Day when the internet may be dodgy where I am and that meeting suffers a bit from a lack of runners and a lack of depth so it may be a long wait until the festival and a lot more focus on NFL from a BE point of view.

I will be tipping for free on Saturday's in Tighty's Road to Riches column on some of those stand-alone big races.

Thanks for supporting us.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 02, 2014, 08:22:05 PM »

NFL 'The New Season Approaches - What To Expect' - just published.

Free to read, registration not required.

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/60
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »

Cheers Dan. We definitely wanted the weekly newsletter to be a promo type thing and encourage people to look at the site regularly, know which events we are covering and hopefully get involved with winning money with us and subscribing to the paid stuff. One reason we loved the idea of Tighty writing it is that we all share the view that it's got to be useful in it's own right, be something interesting, that all punters can learn from and attempt to get through the "not this shit again...delete" problem that so much blurb from bookmakers suffers from.

I don't usually see the Road to Riches before I go up and I always read them. Hoping Tighty has lots more good stuff up his sleeve (sure he has).

My contribution was the name. Nobody managed to think of anything better.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 03, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »

I only throw the odd couple quid at NFL, so wouldn't be worth me getting involved again this year.

I really enjoyed it last year though, and the write-ups were very, very interesting to read.

Hope that you all get the lot, across the antepost, and weekly markets!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 03, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »

I only throw the odd couple quid at NFL, so wouldn't be worth me getting involved again this year.

I really enjoyed it last year though, and the write-ups were very, very interesting to read.

Echo those sentiments.

Me and the boys from the mean chess streets of Birmingham will be cheering you on, nevertheless.

Fo shizzle.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »

Echo those sentiments.

Me and the boys from the mean chess streets of Birmingham will be cheering you on, nevertheless.

Fo shizzle.

Ha, you DID watch the Show then.

And Mr Channing WAS late. Max bet landed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:30 AM »

Have it recorded. Just skipped last night to the bit where I figured my email would be read out. Will watch the rest tonight. I'm sure it's just as entertaining.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 12, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »

Neil's St Leger picks in this week's Road to Riches at http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/44

free to view, no registration required

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 25, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »

Just to let you know I did a write up on the Ryder Cup. We haven't really done too well on golf so far with Betting Emporium, it's our worse performing sport. I would say it's a tricky sport and it's main positive and also it's negative is the high variance. The prices you take are large, (in absolute terms, there aren't many sports where most bets you place are in the 33/1 to 50/1 region), but when you win you get "three months wages" in one go. It's more like playing tournament poker than a lot of what we are used to with sports betting. I would hope the losses are down to the variance and small sample size, rather than just having bad bets.

Generally with Betting Emporium we have a policy of only ever tipping on events where there is a liquid and easily available market...we sometimes offer a free tip on something where you can only bet with a couple of firms and you can't get much on, but generally we believe that our best advert is our results page which shows a decent long-term profit over a large sample size. If it was all based on bets that you only had 23 seconds to get on for £3.65 then we wouldn't feel too comfortable with that. Joe and I are proud that the results are "real" in that anyone could follow all of our selections and be winning over £10,000 betting a tenner a point. It's for that reason that we are quite picky about which events we cover and with golf at the moment, we think it'll just be the Majors and the odd other big event, so it could take us a while to turn things round.

It doesn't get too much bigger than the Ryder Cup though, I have personally invested pretty heavily on the bets I've recommended in my piece and I can se that the prices are still available more than 12 hours later, so I'm confident that we'll all get on. I love the bets and I'm looking forward to the action.

Good luck us.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: September 28, 2014, 12:30:28 AM »

I should apologise to BE. 5 winning weeks in a row for the overs, I come along and have my first punt on them this season and both tips lose. What a Jonah!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: