blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 71777 times)
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »

I had respect for frankie anyway, he always seemed to have a pure heart, and i was obviously in contact with you as this was developing but (rightly so) i didn't know all the details...

Upon reading this, the man is an absolute legend and i pretty much wont hear a bad word against him now...this is just...yeah....wow

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »

I had respect for frankie anyway, he always seemed to have a pure heart, and i was obviously in contact with you as this was developing but (rightly so) i didn't know all the details...

Upon reading this, the man is an absolute legend and i pretty much wont hear a bad word against him now...this is just...yeah....wow

Didn't really want to post this until I had the full go ahead from the man himself. I think amongst some in regards to his falling out with Amjad a lot of people think Frankie is the bad guy and disrespectful, the man obviously doesn't deserve that reputation in his poker home.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »

Didn't really want to post this until I had the full go ahead from the man himself. I think amongst some in regards to his falling out with Amjad a lot of people think Frankie is the bad guy and disrespectful, the man obviously doesn't deserve that reputation in his poker home.

Cheers mate . Appreciate this so much :-)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »

Where does everyone get these staking deals from? I'm such a pigeon... Wink

Seriously tho, got loads of love for Frankie. Guys a total hero, has said some of the funniest things I've ever heard, is definitely a better player than he's given credit for, and is generally a real nice guy.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »

Where does everyone get these staking deals from? I'm such a pigeon... Wink

Seriously tho, got loads of love for Frankie. Guys a total hero, has said some of the funniest things I've ever heard, is definitely a better player than he's given credit for, and is generally a real nice guy.

more importantly he is a Liverpool fan, where are we in the league again Frankie?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2013, 03:08:05 AM »

Cheers mate . Appreciate this so much :-)

Clearly right he doesn't deserve it. You'd have never got a bad word from me Frankie and after this ill back your corner to the hills! Don't deserve that rep at all...

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

change thread title to Frankie appreciation thread imo.

<3 Frankie tho

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »

change thread title to Frankie appreciation thread imo.

<3 Frankie tho

The wall of pictures of famous people in DTD should be changed into a DTD wall of fame for those heroic regs.

Obvious inclusions are Frankie, Rasta, Tighty, Ian Gascoigne, Trickett etc etc. Simon Deadman to be added late 2014 after making an incred run at the WSOP ME

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »

Sunday Funday!

Even though I was going to give myself a day off yesterday, I was feeling really up for a session so got on board.

Think I cashed 7/16 tournaments which is pretty ridiculous in itself. However in pretty much all of them an bad in the key spots you need to win. A prime example being in the $13.50 KO, with 27 left I had A7<K10 pre, A10<A9 pre then got 7 bigs in with AK, guy misclicks with 82os and finds it.

However made the final table of the reg infested $16.50 360 cap MTT, which is a confidence booster in itself. Verndog on the rail which is getting super standard (think he's some sort of fanboy). We decided if I made 3rd having had 10 bigs at the time with 8 left then I would be able to confirm he delivers run good. Obviously he bubbles, despite some incredible laddering tekkers where I was 8/8, 7/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4 at different stages before losing KJ<A8 to find 14 bigs. The CV rungood is still unconfirmed.

$375 profit on the day which is decent, nice to have some winning Sundays.

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »

Sunday Funday!

Even though I was going to give myself a day off yesterday, I was feeling really up for a session so got on board.

Think I cashed 7/16 tournaments which is pretty ridiculous in itself. However in pretty much all of them an bad in the key spots you need to win. A prime example being in the $13.50 KO, with 27 left I had A7<K10 pre, A10<A9 pre then got 7 bigs in with AK, guy misclicks with 82os and finds it.

However made the final table of the reg infested $16.50 360 cap MTT, which is a confidence booster in itself. Verndog on the rail which is getting super standard (think he's some sort of fanboy). We decided if I made 3rd having had 10 bigs at the time with 8 left then I would be able to confirm he delivers run good. Obviously he bubbles, despite some incredible laddering tekkers where I was 8/8, 7/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4 at different stages before losing KJ<A8 to find 14 bigs. The CV rungood is still unconfirmed.

#DemGroupies

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2013, 01:24:49 PM »

jesus, you make me sound like such a loser. i clearly deliver run good, 7bbs to ladder from 9th to 4th? Think its disgusting you question my superior rail bird skillages.
Hmmm i totally disagree ice shade, im mch more of  cheerleader, i got the legs for it. however, for the FT in true style i did get the white tuxedo out of the cupboard and wore it, shame not to commemorate the occasion! Wink

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »

jesus, you make me sound like such a loser. i clearly deliver run good, 7bbs to ladder from 9th to 4th? Think its disgusting you question my superior rail bird skillages.
Hmmm i totally disagree ice shade, im mch more of  cheerleader, i got the legs for it. however, for the FT in true style i did get the white tuxedo out of the cupboard and wore it, shame not to commemorate the occasion! Wink

I'll make sure to buy you some pom-pom's in that case, as you say, gotta be a stylish cheerleader!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »

I'll make sure to buy you some pom-pom's in that case, as you say, gotta be a stylish cheerleader!

my uni dress up box is full of fantastic things, think i might have a pair. it is important to look good when deep in tournys Wink

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »

You know how Beiber has his Beliebers and Miley Cyrus has her Smilers?

Was trying to come up with a witty use of my name to call Chris. Don't think the name Gill or Jon is versatile enough however, or I'm just a little slow Sad

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »

sigh, bellenderers?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: