blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 71778 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »

Pete W left BB or got sack ? What about Graham P , Pete mentor? Is he still there ? What about that guy that came out from prison / pervert ? Is he still with BB?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »

Pete W left BB or got sack ? What about Graham P , Pete mentor? Is he still there ? What about that guy that came out from prison / pervert ? Is he still with BB?

None of the above are in BB

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »

Who's incharge of BB now ? Anyone famous in poker ?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »

I'm a pretty big deal, no?

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »

Interested in joining Frankie? Wink

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2014, 10:30:38 PM »

im no genius, but i detect some sarcasm frankie Wink

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »

What sort of staking deal are you looking for, Have you tried sites lil 2+2? Also, What sort of process do you have to go through in order to get into a group like BB?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2014, 11:15:18 PM »

What sort of staking deal are you looking for, Have you tried sites lil 2+2? Also, What sort of process do you have to go through in order to get into a group like BB?

Can apply, Sylvia Hewitt looks through applications then talks to the applicant personally to see if they are right for the team.

Based on what's out there, ideally looking for 50/50. Thankfully tomsom is an absolute diamond and got me to pm a guy looking for low/mid stake regs. Seemed a really nice atmosphere and group they have with a sick coach, hopefully they enjoy my HH's then we are good to goooo. Need to make sure it's relatively flexible (which seems like it is), since I imagine some works I will have more work than others.

Not tried 2+2 simply because I don't post there. Feel it's a little cheeky to rock up to such a big site being like "sup guys, I've arrived, not posted once but ship me the backing deal".

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »

I suppose thats true, maybe its worth a shot as a last resort. Is the application just based on poker results? None of my friends from school played poker at all so since i left the only people i have close to me that have any basic knowledge on poker are my brother and my dad. I haven't played as much live as i hoped because we recently got a puppy which I've to take a lot of responsibility for. I know it helps talking to other players about hands and plays etc. which is why I've tried to become more involved on this forum, but sometimes its difficult to make significant progress entirely on your own. Maybe its worth a chat on PM or something to go into more detail?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2014, 12:06:49 AM »

I suppose thats true, maybe its worth a shot as a last resort. Is the application just based on poker results? None of my friends from school played poker at all so since i left the only people i have close to me that have any basic knowledge on poker are my brother and my dad. I haven't played as much live as i hoped because we recently got a puppy which I've to take a lot of responsibility for. I know it helps talking to other players about hands and plays etc. which is why I've tried to become more involved on this forum, but sometimes its difficult to make significant progress entirely on your own. Maybe its worth a chat on PM or something to go into more detail?

Agree entirely with what you are getting at. It's so important to have the right peers. Always worth asking for help/posting hands whenever you can. I find the majority of the time if you are open to criticism and are open minded about lines you took, then people are more than happy to give a helping hand as it's not a waste of effort/time invested.

Think I may go to 2p2 as last resort. The application is based on the willing to learn and the fact I have a decent reference here and there from people. I think the learn part is most important, sites would definitely take a losing player with an open minded approach over a marginally winning player with a closed mind. A lot of it is down to potential based on attitude and having the right mentality to succeed and take it seriously. It does help that I know a fair few UK based full time/part time players so I'm an actual person, as supposed to being an anonymous guy who could grim.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »

Interested in joining Frankie? Wink

What's the deal in joining ? Get sponsorship by BB to play tourney or u have to gain it ?
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:42 AM »

Not necessarily sponsorship. They have leagues where there is "added value" from Grosvenor like GUKPT main event seats and tokens. Then there is possibility for BB to put up like 25% of your buy in to an event depending on how much you have contributed to BB funds in the past.

The main idea is to be a live team of players that then represent Grosvenor at Grosvenor events. The staking will not be given for anyone but Grosvenor events. Also a group of players to help with strategy railing etc etc. Individual players also do sometimes back individuals as part of the group but this is different to BB putting up funds and works in a similar way to how blonde staking threads would happen

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »

This Tomsom guy, 300 game stretch without printing and litters the forum with moans, hushhhh fool.

weeeeeeeeeee
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »

This Tomsom guy, 300 game stretch without printing and litters the forum with moans, hushhhh fool.

weeeeeeeeeee

worked didn't it Wink

After tomsom announced yesterday morning "I will get you an online backer by this lunchtime, he was infact just one day away from his prediction.

Yet to confirm as I want to hear from PokerPlayer to understand just how much I have to work as I don't want to waste either parties time, but I now have something waiting if I want to take it.  SHIIIIIIIIP

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »

It was my own bad, I forgot that everyone else in the poker community doesn't get out of bed till 2-3pm.  Except MC, but he's some kind of weird poker cyborg from the future.

Everyone else has had a go at moaning it in, I thought I would give it a spin, and tbf it's done a smashing job!!!  Maybe I should be moaning a lot more.....
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: