blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 268945 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »

Hi all,

What I would like to know please:

1. Is there 5mill guaranteed, or just the 1m for 1st and is the guarantee going to be escrowed by DTD? I don't trust the ISPT not to renege if entrants are tiny...

2. Are 70% of Day 2 entries still going to be paid? If entrants are low will this be a nominal amount?

only gtd is first place 1millon for first 5 million is needed too insure no overlay as they will only pay a max of 20% to first out of prize pool

if prizepool is €3m, first place is the GTD €1m (which would be 33%), where does the other €2m come from to ensure that first is only 20% of the prize pool?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »

Hi all,

1. Is there 5mill guaranteed, or just the 1m for 1st and is the guarantee going to be escrowed by DTD? I don't trust the ISPT not to renege if entrants are tiny...

2. Are 70% of Day 2 entries still going to be paid? If entrants are low will this be a nominal amount?

only gtd is first place 1millon for first 5 million is needed too insure no overlay as they will only pay a max of 20% to first out of prize pool

if prizepool is €3m, first place is the GTD €1m (which would be 33%), where does the other €2m come from to ensure that first is only 20% of the prize pool?
they pay out using a normal structure. Only 20% of prizepool is given to winner so he gets €600k from the prize pool with the €2.4 mill distributed to the field and Rob then opens his wallet and flicks the winner a €400k note..... He has plenty of them

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2013, 09:31:28 AM »

Hi all,

they pay out using a normal structure. Only 20% of prizepool is given to winner so he gets €600k from the prize pool with the €2.4 mill distributed to the field and Rob then opens his wallet and flicks the winner a €400k note..... He has plenty of them

I think Rupert and Jason's accounts have been switched...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »

Hi all,

Lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »

Hi all,

Lol
lol. Gtfo

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »

Hi everyone

Thanks for the positive words on this thread.

We are in London, I will put a summary post on here when I get back to DTD this afternoon. Rob is doing a questions and answers with Richard this weekend which will be posted on his blog and on this thread. Please be patient. Blonde poker is the official channel of communication and Rob and me will be releasing all news and updates first and personally. I am now full time on the Wembley project for the next 13 weeks. Our responsibility is to licence, operate, promote and guarantee the event, I would say our remit from here on is no different to the CPP - it's a project outside of the Club. Official payouts and structure will be published next week. What I can say in terms of the payout is that I will be recommending to Rob and ISPT that 50% of Wembley players are in the money instead of their 70%. The job starts today, its a new start for this event. Thanks for your support again

Aces
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:46:58 AM by DTD-ACES » Logged

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »

Hoping this is a major success

Rob and his team deserve it for what they have given to the UK in regards to poker.

Best of luck to all involved.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

Hoping this is a major success

Rob and his team deserve it for what they have given to the UK in regards to poker.

Best of luck to all involved.

Great that Blonde got the updates, I hear Apat and The Hendon Mob have also been included in this - so once again Rob and co are looking out for UK poker in more ways than one.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »

Ohhhh Blonde and the Hendonmob. My perfect partnership.

God knows how they will pay the winner a million and still hope to pay 50% of the live field. I thought my wife could spend my money but I hadn't seen anything till I saw Simon spending Robs money

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »

I had a bet with the CRM at our local G that this event wouldn't happen.
My forfeit, if it does, may see me being banned from the place.

Damn you DTD.

Desperately seeking a loophole, and with all the changes since it was first advertised I dare say I'll find one.
I certainly wouldn't have made the bet had DTD been involved from Day One.

Best of luck guys, if anyone can, you can.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »

Good luck to the DTD management on this. You have to admire their ambition. If anyone can rescue this project.....

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »

Good luck to the DTD management on this. You have to admire their ambition. If anyone can rescue this project.....
lol. I just had the Thunderbirds theme go through my head...... Calling International Rescue

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »

lol. I just had the Thunderbirds theme go through my head...... Calling International Rescue

I had the Mission Impossible theme in mine. And before anyone accuses me of negativity, remember that the Impossible Missions Force never failed.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

Press Conference Pictures

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day