blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272927 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 273336 times)
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 23, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »

@ nicola, tighty
Are people forfeiting stacks to play other day1's and sats? its just im seeing names on games that have already made it through with chips for wembley, and good stacks too.

can you explain the ruling on playing more sats for ispt please? i was under the illusion thats players qualified were unable to play further sats unless they forfeit there stack?
it was just something i noticed
Hey yeahman!

If a player enters another Day 1 or super satellite into Day (i.e. £200 online one tomorrow or the live Genting ones) they immediately forfeit their Day 2 stack, regardless of whether they make Day 2 again! I am policing this so stacks WILL be forfeited automatically...all players have received the same email as you that explains it's a forfeit!

If a player continues to play the satellites winning further €33 tokens, €300 tokens or £200 (super sat) tokens then they're wasting their money as they don't get anything for those unused tokens (again I'm policing very closely) and money they've spent will NOT be refunded. Therefore if they then spend them on a €300 day 1 or £200 super sat they then forfeit their stack.

I should have been a police woman Wink

Cheers Nicola

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »

thanks for clearing that up Nicola Smiley
well it would appear some players have more money than sense Wink lol or are unaware of the rules somehow, it would not suprise me if some has there stack forfeited.
yes you doing a fine job policing it with emails and posts, you cant do anymore than this, its just ive seen players play and was confused as to why. maybe they love the mini sats so much! Wink yeahman!!

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 23, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

well it would appear some players have more money than sense Wink lol or are unaware of the rules somehow, it would not suprise me if some has there stack forfeited.
yes you doing a fine job policing it with emails and posts, you cant do anymore than this, its just ive seen players play and was confused as to why. maybe they love the mini sats so much! Wink yeahman!!
Who are they?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 23, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »

haha didnt want to make it easy Eso, yeah seems someone has forfeited there stack unless my eyes deceived me on monday.
A interesting move as i believe simon said since this rule has been implemented not one person has forfeited a stack. mainly targeted for players left with 3,4k in london im sure not a good stack. interesting Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 23, 2013, 02:05:13 PM »

My friend has a day 1 seat which he's planning on using Saturday , he won another seat last night if he doesn't get thro Saturday he can use this on line next week ? If he gets thro tho it won't be refunded ? Please can you confirm
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 23, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

My friend has a day 1 seat which he's planning on using Saturday , he won another seat last night if he doesn't get thro Saturday he can use this on line next week ? If he gets thro tho it won't be refunded ? Please can you confirm

Yes he can use a second token online

and Yes it will be refunded if he gets through on Saturday's attempt

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 23, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »

Quick question . Dtd mentioned that player that bought direct into Day2 A/B will received a starting stack of 50k. I saw few players that bought in direct but their starting stack are 53,384 ! Can  someone confirm this please. Saw this on the HendonMob starting stack and Day2 qualifiers . Thanks
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 23, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »

Thanks Richard
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 23, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »

Quick question . Dtd mentioned that player that bought direct into Day2 A/B will received a starting stack of 50k. I saw few players that bought in direct but their starting stack are 53,384 ! Can  someone confirm this please. Saw this on the HendonMob starting stack and Day2 qualifiers . Thanks

DTD said they would receive average stack, estimated at 50,000

The current average after all the entries so far is 53,384

If the tournament was tomorrow, DBIs would receive 53,384

Obviously after nine more day ones etc, this figure will change slightly in the next week

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 23, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »

I'm having a go on genting if , I win a day 2 seat will I be able to play ,as I'm self excluded from dtd
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 23, 2013, 05:32:20 PM »

Who are they?
To clarify, no-one has forfeited their stack, anyone who chooses to continue to play the satellites will not be refunded any seats they win after making Day 2.

Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 23, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »

Hi Guys

Just a reminder that we are doing a FREE coach down to Wembley on Friday 31st May (Day 2A)!!!

If you make Day 2 and don't fancy the expenses of getting to London then join us on the FREE coach which will bring you back to DTD the same night (unless you want to stay).

Then you just need to return on Day 3 on Sunday 2nd June and you'll be close to the money then Smiley

Also we have limited FREE car parking spaces so you need to get a wriggle on and qualify soon to secure a FREE car parking space Wink

LIVE WEMBLEY SATELLITE

We have a MEGA SAT on Friday 31st May at Wembley Stadium £200 1R1A with 20 x €3000 Day 2 seats GTD (Ave stack of 50K+)

If you fancy coming down for this you can also grab a seat on the coach - just drop me an email if you're planning to come down for the live satellite at Wembley Smiley

Nicola@dusktilldawnpoker.com

Cheers Nicola

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 23, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »

@ nicola, tighty
Are people forfeiting stacks to play other day1's and sats? its just im seeing names on games that have already made it through with chips for wembley, and good stacks too.

can you explain the ruling on playing more sats for ispt please? i was under the illusion thats players qualified were unable to play further sats unless they forfeit there stack?
it was just something i noticed
Hey yeahman!

If a player enters another Day 1 or super satellite into Day (i.e. £200 online one tomorrow or the live Genting ones) they immediately forfeit their Day 2 stack, regardless of whether they make Day 2 again! I am policing this so stacks WILL be forfeited automatically...all players have received the same email as you that explains it's a forfeit!

If a player continues to play the satellites winning further €33 tokens, €300 tokens or £200 (super sat) tokens then they're wasting their money as they don't get anything for those unused tokens (again I'm policing very closely) and money they've spent will NOT be refunded. Therefore if they then spend them on a €300 day 1 or £200 super sat they then forfeit their stack.

I should have been a police woman Wink

Cheers Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Just wanted to say that while I understand the stack forfeiture if someone plays day 1 again after going through, because if it didn't happen they could sort-of-freeroll several attempts at getting a 200k stack, violating the aim that someone with more money shouldn't have an unfair advantage over other players in tournament poker, the same isn't true of the £200 day 2 satellites, because whatever happens the player can only win something that they could buy anyway.  If people are able to forfeit their stack and buy in directly to day 2, which I assume is allowed, then what's the difference where and how they come up with the money?  Say for example 10 friends who have all made day 2 decide to pitch in £250 each and flip for another day 2 seat, are you going to disqualify the 9 losing players?  How would you police this?  What about if someone who made day 2 decided to put £250 on a horse at 9-1 and say to themselves "if this wins, I'm gonna buy in for day 2"?

The reason I ask is because if I actually make day 2 at some point, I would like the possibility to go to London with a spare buyin in my back pocket if I bust on day 2a, and also I would quite like to take advantage of the value in every satellite going if possible and don't want to have to miss out on the last chance £200 sats if I make day 2 before then.  Can you let me know if there is any possibility that this rule will be reconsidered?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »

No hand for hand in the 3 rebuys tonight.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #824 on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:25 AM »

James

The reasons for me (it was my decision) not allowing players who have already made Day 2 to play the €3000 sats are;

a. We only play 9 levels on Day 2a, so only expect to lose 30% of the field, it's also very 'deepstacked' with 50k v 30k, so the need to a "second bullet" is less so in this event and its less likely that a player that into Day 2 will therefore use the 'second bullet'

b. We want 100% the GTD money from the satellites to end up in the eventual prizepool to reduce the added money

c. There is a live satellite in Wembley at 5pm on Day 2a for anyone who is unlucky enough to bust out in first 5-7 hours, we have GTD 20 x €3000 seats

d. If someone has already made Day 2 and then plays a $3000 Day 2 satellite, they are in effect 'freerolling' on the other players

e. We want as many unique players at Wembley

It's not something that I'm gonna have time to debate or change, it is what it is, just my view when I made the rule, I have already answered this question to 10+ pros, most of them were wanting to play the €3000 sats to use as expenses or side events rather than a second bullet though, I could be wrong or right on this policy, but it's not going to be a deal breaker for next weekend. We have really tried to do everything for the players for this event, kind of need people to get behind us in the home straight, of course I know you and the guys are away behind us, but we are spending so much time dealing with questions about changing stuff at the last minute and we really cant afford any mixed messages at this late stage.

Cheers mate Rob
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:33:01 AM by robyong » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: