blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  ISPT Forfeiting your Day 2 Stack (And Any Other Thoughts)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISPT Forfeiting your Day 2 Stack (And Any Other Thoughts)  (Read 6546 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

Some top players may also be weighing up this vs Vegas - they might see themselves as having a minimum chip stack to make it worth their while staying here
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »

I don't think any stack below 1000 is worth forfeiting.

I appreciate the travel and accommodation need to be taken into consideration, but if you did make day 2 with circa 5BB, you just turn up and play, and book a hotel if u make day 3, and drive home if you don't, surely the experience of playing on the pitch at Wembley is worth not forfeiting the bowl stack!

I think the option to forfeit is only there to allow a player who gets all in and "almost covered" and loses in the last hand of the day 1.

You aren't appreciating that this isn't a normal tourney, and I can assure you that is fairly bad thinking.

This is essentially a $300 tourney with $1m up top and possibly <1500 runners for day 2 (which is technically a day 1 in MTT terms).

Therefore starting with that kind of disadvantage against the field is always going to be a huge mistake when you have the OPTION to try again.

I have put alot of time into this (both sattys and MTT's) and although I didnt come up with a definitive "sweet spot" for forfeting, there are some strong and compelling reasons to do so.

Although I understand some people will have a different agenda  and view points I actually agree with you Guy (hence my OP)

Having also put some time in playing sats I feel going there too short stacked is not a good strategy especially if armed with a few 300E bullets

I suppose The ideal scenario is to prevent this happening by "getting busy " in the last level .

I thinks its fair to say its not an exact science because we both know some short stacks will make progress.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

I'd be more than happy to sit down with 10k or more. There's loads of play with 50 bigs with the structure as it is.

Chances of me having a stack any less than that at the end are pretty much zero though to be honest.

5k probably wouldn't be worth the drive but I'd do it anyway unless I had some spare seats going. Certainly wouldn't pay €300 for another go if I was still in with 25 bigs.

If I somehow found myself with 2k I think I'd make the trip but do a staking thread for the side events and spend all the money on a huge piss up.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 07:41:18 PM »

My thoughts was day 1 's being a satellite to Wembley and everyone starts the same.

Think I need to read more!

Regards

M   

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »

To make day2 is the plan on this ISPT . Chips stack hopefully going to b a playable of min 150bb plus ,
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »

I'm hoping to take through 10-15bbs, legoooooo.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »

Bread and butter
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »

Would never forfeit a stack, punt it off maybe...

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »

It seem to me to be a very difficult proposition, as only 10% go through to Wembley - are u really going to forfeit your stack and potentially not make it through the field again!!!   in theory you would never know how Wembley would have played out by not being there - even with a small ish stack - you may have an incredible run of cards and great play to smash the field.

realistically any stack under 25 bb is going to be tough to play with as your only option in Wembley is a shove...... then u need a bit of luck and I would rather rely on skilful play!!
gs08bjohnson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

People seem to be overlooking day 2b. I personally will be taking any stack through (whilst punting late on day 1 if I'm very short) if its a small stack I'm unlikely to get through the day, if I do then great, if not you can play 2b. I'm pretty sure selling action for this comp won't be difficult for most people. I know this doesn't account for all factors, most obviously that day 1s will probably be much softer and a better chance to accumulate chips and that some people can't afford 3k. I just hadn't seem any mention of day 2b in anyone's thoughts.

I think it would've been pretty good for the prize pool if people could play as many day 1s as they like and take their best stacks through.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

Confirmed 180 grinder itt
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

People seem to be overlooking day 2b. I personally will be taking any stack through (whilst punting late on day 1 if I'm very short) if its a small stack I'm unlikely to get through the day, if I do then great, if not you can play 2b. I'm pretty sure selling action for this comp won't be difficult for most people. I know this doesn't account for all factors, most obviously that day 1s will probably be much softer and a better chance to accumulate chips and that some people can't afford 3k. I just hadn't seem any mention of day 2b in anyone's thoughts.

I think it would've been pretty good for the prize pool if people could play as many day 1s as they like and take their best stacks through.

Not sure what you mean sir  ?

In the main we have been discussing taking short stacks into Day 2  players can choose   A or B   

Sure.... if you were to enter A and bust you could re enter B but of course that would cost 3K
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »

This would've been great for the players and the event IMO. Players could play multiple day 1s trying to get a stack and the event would get more day 1 runners overall.

Also think they might have been better scheduling all the online day 1s before the live day 1s as I imagine people like me that don't live close to DTD won't travel at all for the live day 1s and will just try to make it online but if all the online day 1s were 1st, the people that didn't make it through would've been much more willing to go to DTD and grind some day 1s

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »

This would've been great for the players and the event IMO. Players could play multiple day 1s trying to get a stack and the event would get more day 1 runners overall.

Also think they might have been better scheduling all the online day 1s before the live day 1s as I imagine people like me that don't live close to DTD won't travel at all for the live day 1s and will just try to make it online but if all the online day 1s were 1st, the people that didn't make it through would've been much more willing to go to DTD and grind some day 1s

One thing you would have to consider if this was allowed is that its highly likely there would be a dramatic change in table dynamics towards the last few levels of the day as people will obviously be gambling more to surpass their previous stacks

This in turn could result in some players calling " foul play"  as players keen to build bigger stacks may not be playing " conventionally  "   

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 02:53:11 PM »

One thing you would have to consider if this was allowed is that its highly likely there would be a dramatic change in table dynamics towards the last few levels of the day as people will obviously be gambling more to surpass their previous stacks

This in turn could result in some players calling " foul play"  as players keen to build bigger stacks may not be playing " conventionally  "   

Yeah I agree but at the same time it might make it easier to get to the 10% mark when its close to the bubble as more people will be willing to punt off and gamble if they have a stack already.  The way it currently is I can imagine the bubble is gonna be dominated by the short stacks shoving around and not by the bigger stacks trying to chip up.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: