blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1028213 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

Whinging Willie      Brighton 16:15  8/1  Paddy Power  e/w.  Although the form figures are not that inspiring he is a C&D winner and has been ridden positively last couple of times before not lasting home over 1m4f, hoping same tactics have a better chance of working tomorrow over 1m2f
Dalaki                   Brighton 16:15  10/1 Ladbrokes   e/w. smaller bet on similar basis, ran a decent race at Epsom and tried to make all over 1m4f in a better race last time

Bishop Wulstan      Brighton 15:45  7/1 win - various.  Fav not certain to handle course, BW has run ok here and some respectable efforts at this trip and level
Chesil Beach          Brighton 15:45  4/1 win - various.  Lingfield form suggests he will handle course and proven at trip

Thanks for these.

Two winners.

Brilliant stuff.

and 2 places incredible really is

Incredible form indeed.

Back blind and go to counter stuff!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 19, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

Great stuff Simon

Surely a matter of time before you get snapped up? hopefully not mind

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 19, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »

I like Mighty Warrior in the 5.30 at Leicester @ 6/1

Would prefer it if you put up some reasoning and thoughts behind your selection.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »

Bit part player these days, but another place puts us a few more quid ahead.

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 19, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

Awesome form today guys, well done!
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 19, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »

Missed them

wdwdwd
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »

Whinging Willie      Brighton 16:15  8/1  Paddy Power  e/w.  Although the form figures are not that inspiring he is a C&D winner and has been ridden positively last couple of times before not lasting home over 1m4f, hoping same tactics have a better chance of working tomorrow over 1m2f
Dalaki                   Brighton 16:15  10/1 Ladbrokes   e/w. smaller bet on similar basis, ran a decent race at Epsom and tried to make all over 1m4f in a better race last time

Bishop Wulstan      Brighton 15:45  7/1 win - various.  Fav not certain to handle course, BW has run ok here and some respectable efforts at this trip and level
Chesil Beach          Brighton 15:45  4/1 win - various.  Lingfield form suggests he will handle course and proven at trip

The man is ON FIRE.

Well done, it's like a permanent heater.

Eyes peeled for any York stuff you put up. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 20, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

For those that didn't back Bogart yesterday, he is currently 16/1 best price and 5 places with Koral.  Seems good to me. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »

I like Mighty Warrior in the 5.30 at Leicester @ 6/1

Would prefer it if you put up some reasoning and thoughts behind your selection.

It didn't even run pal. But fwiw I'm not really too concerned what you'd prefer.

I like Bogart too. And I like Singeur in the 3.20 Musselburgh @ 8/1.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 20, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »

Morning. Beautiful day for it!

Lovely York.

First race. Glad to see Goldream pulled out. A bit of sentiment was clouding my judgement! Bogart beat him cosily in this race last year and is stacks better off. I like all Goldream form and think that Move in Time is the danger but hoping that this has been Bogerts aim as the 20s yestrday and even the 14s as I write still look excellent.
If one were to pop up I can see it being Secret Witness.

Third Race.

Readers will know I am a big Hartnell fan and have backed him for the Ledge. I think there is one in here that is quietly making progress without looking too spectacular though.
Snow Sky beat Hartnell earlier in the season but was beat at Ascot and at the time, that looked like it was as good as he was. However he then came out and won over 1.4m at Goodwood, and looked, as the commentator said to "fall over the line", however he took ages to pull up and during the race still looked a little green. It maybe that the 1.4m was bottom of his range and time/experience and the Ledge trip will  see the best of him. He was also noted as sweating and doing everything wrong pre race. I am worried that Johnstone has such a poor record at York and Hartnell has drifted all week.
Kingston Hill is worthy fav, and Rog has that glint in his eye that he will win something big this year. At 6/4 he wont have my money on him.
The O Brien horse is interesting in that he won 16 lengths last time, but was pushed from about a mile out, almost as if to see how far he could win, and show just how good he is. He may have shown glimpses at home but been a lazy worker and they needed to find out just how good he was. Either way it was certainly an unusual race. He could be anything, but I have learnt a few expensive lessons over the years, and I now prefer to see a bit more proof.

Snow Sky with a decent ew bet, and I would also refer you to both Laddies and Hills, win today and the Ledger books, where SS can be backed at 40s for a few extra pennies.
I have also invested a few bob on a couple of others too. Marzocco looks very big at 100s based on his proximity to Hartnell at RA

I am giving old Saptapadi a final chance now he is tried over 2m again. Has looked for ages like he needs this extra distance, always seemingly getting going too late. He has tried 2m a few times before but with some uninspiring rides, but I notice he did finish second at Sandown over 2m when rated 100, and he is now a lot lower.
I am a big fan of another Ellison rogue in Knightly Escapade who used to cost me dearly in his days at John Dunlop. Ellison seems to be getting a good tune out of him now, and at 16s and 25s I shall have ew bets on both, recognising that a small win only bet on the fav, Spacious Sky, should also be part of any betting here too.

GL. Have a great day.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 20, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »

Nice write up. Could be right about Secret Witness.

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 20, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »

Good to see we're all on the same wavelength, I ended up having a small win bet on Secret Witness "Just in case". Also bet Racy as he has some good performances under his belt in big fields at York - but with a lot of reservations off his current mark.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 20, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »

Secret Witness and Saptapadi both probably "owe me" more than any other horses in training. Have been having "just in case" bets on them for a while if they win i will do a small grimace but Saptapadi especially just doesnt fancy going past horses, (hardly a brave statement)

gd lk today all
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »

4.20 York,    I decided rightly or wrongly to give a lot of weight to course form to help narrow down some of the big fields today and felt Itlaaq @ 14-1 fitted the bill pretty well and makes a nice e/w bet if no more drop out.  
Will be tempted to bet Sir Frank Morgan if he carries on drifting, looking for 40-1. Very Ice-Creamy I know, but he's been alternating good and bad runs for some time now - gotta have a system right?   thumbs up  Currently 45-1 at Betbright for those that can.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:38:10 PM by simonnatur » Logged

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 20, 2014, 01:38:26 PM »

the first is down to 15 Magical Macey is out....

Quelle surprise glad i went win only Bogart now

Make all Neil please....
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: