blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021484 times)
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: May 27, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »

Also just noticed a nagme alert. Mark stein in the 710 at kempton, one
Of the horses placed In the tracker behind the wood dutton winner. 1pt each way at a general 12/1.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: May 27, 2015, 06:37:20 PM »

Was looking at laying one today, first time out, flagged as poor value based on sire and jockey stats at Kempton, drawn badly, stable 1/25 this season

7.10 Kempton  Floriss

Backed from 25/1 this morning into 9/1 best, generally 7/1  wtf! Will be interested to see what price it goes off.

I'm no expert but shouldn't you be pretty wary laying horses that are backed in like that no?

Mmmm, that was kind of the implicit question...

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: May 27, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »

Also just noticed a nagme alert. Mark stein in the 710 at kempton, one
Of the horses placed In the tracker behind the wood dutton winner. 1pt each way at a general 12/1.

Decided to keep my powder dry till nearer the off, but will be rooting for yours I expect lol.

btw Daqman put one up in this race :

"7.10 Kempton William Haggas landed a hat-trick yesterday, and is five from eight, but has just one runner in the next three days’ racing.

Only Alasaal in this maiden represents the stable before raids at Newcastle, Haydock and Catterick on Saturday.

And Alasaal is by the prolific sire of two-year-olds (61% winners to runners), War Front, whose get include Declaration of War (won first time out) and War Command (won first time out).

No wonder the Hamdan-owned Alasaal made 550,000 dollars as a yearling. I grabbed the early 5.0 offers on BETDAQ, after good gallops reports. Could be a standout on a day of low-class racing."

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »

Was looking at laying one today, first time out, flagged as poor value based on sire and jockey stats at Kempton, drawn badly, stable 1/25 this season

7.10 Kempton  Floriss

Backed from 25/1 this morning into 9/1 best, generally 7/1  wtf! Will be interested to see what price it goes off.

I'm no expert but shouldn't you be pretty wary laying horses that are backed in like that no?

Mmmm, that was kind of the implicit question...

laid a little at an average of about 11.5 GL all

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: June 01, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »

Couldn't resist a little ew bet on Seeking Magic for the Epsom Dash on Saturday.

Second in the race last year, looks to me like it has been the aim since then.

It has a very strange profile.

Run 30 times but over 5f on turf only 5 times winning twice, second twice and third once.(couple of runs on AW and 5.5f not included). You would expect them to have given 5f more of a regular try based on these results.

Last year it was given a gentle pipe opener in a 6f race at Newmarket before its second, and this year, again, it was given a very gentle intro to the season in the same race, where Adam Kirby flapped his arms about a bit, but was never trying too hard.

We don't know the draw, or the ground yet, but with good ground at the moment and decent temperatures forecast for Wednesday onwards, it shouldn't be soft. So he should have his ground.

As he went off 7-1 last year after the same prep, with him being 4lbs lower, I can't see him going off any worse than the current 12-1 but can see him shortening considerably. GL if you get involved.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: June 01, 2015, 03:34:15 PM »

Busy this week, so saves me getting my pin out looking through the race.

Cheers mate Smiley

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

pleased to see success days supplemented for the derby, looked awesome last time in ireland. Tough to try that at epsom, but think hes one of the few who could be a ptential star.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: June 02, 2015, 05:49:21 PM »

pleased to see success days supplemented for the derby, looked awesome last time in ireland. Tough to try that at epsom, but think hes one of the few who could be a ptential star.

I had a freebet with Padraig, so chucked it on him a few weeks back at 14/1 NRNB, and then see WH go 20/1 NRNB yesterday Cheesy

Pretty shocked to see Giovanni Canaletto's price collapse over the course of a few hours, given it's hardly looked like a superstar thus far.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: June 02, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

I had a freebet with Padraig, so chucked it on him a few weeks back at 14/1 NRNB, and then see WH go 20/1 NRNB yesterday Cheesy

Pretty shocked to see Giovanni Canaletto's price collapse over the course of a few hours, given it's hardly looked like a superstar thus far.

All about the Classics, my friend.

Look how much Highland Reel improved for the outing in the French on Sunday.

Was one of the most impressive 2 yr olds last yr. He can come second to Hobbs, by all means!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: June 02, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »

Won a maiden, and beaten in a G3, yet the same price as a G1 winner.

Good luck with Hobbs [  ] Cheesy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:20 AM »

Couldn't resist a little ew bet on Seeking Magic for the Epsom Dash on Saturday.

Second in the race last year, looks to me like it has been the aim since then.

It has a very strange profile.

Run 30 times but over 5f on turf only 5 times winning twice, second twice and third once.(couple of runs on AW and 5.5f not included). You would expect them to have given 5f more of a regular try based on these results.

Last year it was given a gentle pipe opener in a 6f race at Newmarket before its second, and this year, again, it was given a very gentle intro to the season in the same race, where Adam Kirby flapped his arms about a bit, but was never trying too hard.

We don't know the draw, or the ground yet, but with good ground at the moment and decent temperatures forecast for Wednesday onwards, it shouldn't be soft. So he should have his ground.

As he went off 7-1 last year after the same prep, with him being 4lbs lower, I can't see him going off any worse than the current 12-1 but can see him shortening considerably. GL if you get involved.

Hugh Taylor just put up Seeking Magic.....I really should start charging. Seems to be some half decent money being charged for far worse results(anyone care to set me up a website? far too lazy).........anyway, now best price 8-1. GL us. Grin

Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »

Hey Adz, i think thats cracking bet for the dash, and Glad i listened last week and got on at double figures.

I fancy a few myself today.

Kyllachy Spirit Goodwood 1810 10/1 Had two years off and had come right down in the weights, and has started showing some of his 2012 form again. Still about a stone off his highest rating, and his recent runs have been promising. Shrewd trainer and a good amateur up. Today is the day and 3pts win for me.

Seagull Star Epsom 235 15/2 went into the notebook last year, got injured after Ascot and been off since. Haggas big handicap hopes and possible group race plans im told, and could be an excellent horse to follow this year. Trip looks ideal, and i would kick myself if not on today at this price. Only concerns are first time out and the undulations of Epsom, but its a 5pt win bet for me!

In the Oaks i have backed Star of Seville at 25 and 28/1, and i'm not going to desert her now even if Frankie has and the form book says it needs to improve. Extra distance not a problem in my humble opinion, Gosden wouldnt be taking a chance here if he didnt belive it stays. 2.5pts each way at 16/1.

Good Luck all!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:25:12 PM by Actonbeech3 » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: June 06, 2015, 12:57:37 AM »

Was just looking through the entries for Ascot.

If all the main players show up, will be the most interesting meeting ever.

And the new race looks mouthwatering.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: June 06, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »

Usually just flick a few bets on, and then rail it when I get home from Vegas.

Actually going to be here for it all this year, so hoping that it is good Grin

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: June 06, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »

Art Collection is overpriced for me in the 2-35 at 16/1. Was very green last time out but once it got itself balanced it made up ground very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: