blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022125 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: June 08, 2015, 02:03:59 PM »

Cheers.

Don't forget Adaay (I hope)

KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:43 PM »

I might need the 5th day to try and get out of it Smiley

Friday instead of the Buckingham Palace Stakes it seems

What is the new race, Keith?

I just grabbed them from Wiki, so it's obv not been updated yet.

The Commonwealth Cup.

6f Group 1 for 3 year olds only. There has never been a a Group 1 in the UK for 3 year olds run over less than a mile.

Tiggy Wiggy v Limato v Hootenanny.

Should be a great race.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/commonwealth-cup/winner

Bit of a fanboy but I'm really keen on Anthem Alexander for this.

Really nice comeback run and I think she'll improve massively as a 3yo.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 12, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »

Going to have 0.5pt e/w Parkes and Ride 3.05 York @ 9/1 . Maybe not the best e/w race but Karl Burke's 2nd time out win 20% for an ROI of 59%. All Pivotal's progeny on Gd to fm, 2nd time out in sprints win 15% and place 40%

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 12, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

Going to have 0.5pt e/w Parkes and Ride 3.05 York @ 9/1 . Maybe not the best e/w race but Karl Burke's 2nd time out win 20% for an ROI of 59%. All Pivotal's progeny on Gd to fm, 2nd time out in sprints win 15% and place 40%

profit wp.

been a nice day for a price.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:09:04 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 13, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »

That amatuer womens race was cringe
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: June 13, 2015, 02:49:02 PM »

Pearl Castle or Ralphy Lad backer?

Looked like exactly what it said on the tin, to me...

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: June 13, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »

Pearl Castle or Ralphy Lad backer?

Looked like exactly what it said on the tin, to me...

keep guessing sherlock.

If I wanted to see women swaying side to side and getting nowhere Ill go to the bigg market.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: June 13, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »

Wil do, Watson...

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: June 15, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »

Remember Mere is running a competition for the racing at Ascot this week!

Go and get involved.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65571.0

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

One i been looking forward to all week at Ascot is Brian Meehans Mutarakez in the Brittania at 5pm. Plenty of 10/1 available, and maybe still some 11s. Won both races this season in good handicaps and stable have started the season brilliantly, this has been the plan for some time and Meehan has been hot on its chances all week. I had a good chunk on this morning and well worth a nibble at 10/1 win or each way IMO.

Good Luck
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:43 AM »

Thought this was a nice tribute to Kauto Star, written by Alistair Down.

OUT OF a cloudless blue sky on a searing summer's day news breaks that injects a touch of winter chill to the heart. The incomparable Kauto Star is dead - gone is the paragon.

In the scheme of a wider world riven by tragedies and vile confrontation, a fatal injury to a 15-year-old gelding in a field is of little consequence - the stuff of footnotes.

But in our village, bound together by a love of the racehorse and intoxication with the wonders they can weave, the pang of sadness is inescapable.

Kauto Star lived well and it will be at Ditcheat where there will be genuine desolation. Paul Nicholls, Clifford Baker and the team had great chunks of their life defined by the fact that every morning when they walked into the yard they were in the presence of greatness.

For eight seasons that white face peered out from his box, not just lord of all he surveyed but ruler of the jumping world. And next door was everyone's favourite nightclub bouncer, the fabulous Denman, who regularly battled for mastery with his neighbour and whose Gold Cup record reads 1222.

Stable boxes are not usually places of reverence, but the few square  yards that were home to Kauto Star and Denman were the lair of legends.

Kauto Star is deservedly described as the "finest chaser since Arkle", but that title fails to grasp how important he was to a whole generation of racegoers to whom Arkle was a misty figure from a black-and-white world."

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 01, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »

OUT OF a cloudless blue sky on a searing summer's day news breaks that injects a touch of winter chill to the heart. The incomparable Kauto Star is dead - gone is the paragon.

In the scheme of a wider world riven by tragedies and vile confrontation, a fatal injury to a 15-year-old gelding in a field is of little consequence - the stuff of footnotes.

But in our village, bound together by a love of the racehorse and intoxication with the wonders they can weave, the pang of sadness is inescapable.

Kauto Star lived well and it will be at Ditcheat where there will be genuine desolation. Paul Nicholls, Clifford Baker and the team had great chunks of their life defined by the fact that every morning when they walked into the yard they were in the presence of greatness.

For eight seasons that white face peered out from his box, not just lord of all he surveyed but ruler of the jumping world. And next door was everyone's favourite nightclub bouncer, the fabulous Denman, who regularly battled for mastery with his neighbour and whose Gold Cup record reads 1222.

Stable boxes are not usually places of reverence, but the few square  yards that were home to Kauto Star and Denman were the lair of legends.

Kauto Star is deservedly described as the "finest chaser since Arkle", but that title fails to grasp how important he was to a whole generation of racegoers to whom Arkle was a misty figure from a black-and-white world."

Great and fitting tribute. I actually feel really sad that he has died, Always love Kauto Star, strange how ive never really given the horse a second thought when he was not running a race but when i found out the news of his passing it mad me feel slightly lost. Do we know what happens to him now, Buried or more likely cremated?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 01, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »

Horse people, I liked the look of Vallarta in the 4:30 at Thirsk, competitive little handicap but seems a bit of a dirty e/w race.  I like the stable/jockey combo and they seem to be in a little bit of form, and the horse beat a Mark Johnstone horse last time out that seemed to be decent enough.   

Any thoughts? 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: July 01, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

Down is a great writer and a huge miss for me on racing now they have gone all young and image driven rather than substance.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: July 01, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »

+1 to Down

Great and fitting tribute. I actually feel really sad that he has died, Always love Kauto Star, strange how ive never really given the horse a second thought when he was not running a race but when i found out the news of his passing it mad me feel slightly lost. Do we know what happens to him now, Buried or more likely cremated?

Likewise, I was surprised that I felt so upset when I saw the news.

First proper bet I had was on him in the 2011 Betfair Chase. I had never watched racing before, but was at home for the weekend having just gotten out of hospital, and I think Trigg had put it up here.

No idea what'll happen now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:16:57 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: