blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022483 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: February 21, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »

There is an AP McCoy film on BBC2 starting at 10.  Going to likely miss the first half but it should be good.

Enjoy it? I was disappointed by it if I'm honest. It just seemed to go round in a loop of AP talks retirement, gets injured, talks retirement for an hour and half.

Sorry, haven't seen any of it yet.  Missed my train connection.   I was going to catch up on iplayer.  Is it still worth watching or just skip to the end?

I only caught the last half hour. Not worth skipping to IMO. Seemed a victory of "emotional context over substance" to me.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: February 21, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »

There is an AP McCoy film on BBC2 starting at 10.  Going to likely miss the first half but it should be good.

Enjoy it? I was disappointed by it if I'm honest. It just seemed to go round in a loop of AP talks retirement, gets injured, talks retirement for an hour and half.

Sorry, haven't seen any of it yet.  Missed my train connection.   I was going to catch up on iplayer.  Is it still worth watching or just skip to the end?

I watched it a while back, and thought it was interesting.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: February 21, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »

Thistlecrack now out.

Im cancelling the weeks Holiday.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: February 23, 2017, 01:24:20 AM »

I am not sure how people feel, but this years Cheltenham feels very underwhelming. The loss of TC this week just adds to the disappointment of losing other good horses. I can't see I am really looking foward to it like previous years & I can't imagine what the the festival would be like if Douvan gets injured.

In other racing news, not seen much mentioned about Apple Jade/Limini race today. Limini eased to a win, whilst Apple jade lost from what I believe to be another poor front running ride.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: February 23, 2017, 01:31:42 AM »

While it's disappointing to lose some of the prominent horses, it should make for some very interesting renewals.

I'll be starting to pack for the airport in a fortnight, and can't wait to get plotted up for the week.

If Douvan gets injured, you'll have a much more competitive Champion Chase.

Might have won a bit too well for my liking, as I backed it for the mares a while back.

I know that they've always thought very, very highly of Limini.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: February 23, 2017, 05:29:06 PM »

Walsh good ride rather than cooper bad for me, 2m4f in mud with a challenge for the lead probably did for her but she was beaten 2l and walsh tactics looked to avoid the fight, which is easier in ireland than cheltenham. OThers well beaten suggesting he didnt get it that wrong.

ailtor, harry and douvan can still be anything and so many nice novices in ireland. Quite looking forward to triumph and seeing what mcmanus does with all these prospects.

The stories are what make cheltenham where the little stables or owners beat the odds for the dreamers.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: February 23, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »

Do you get Rule 4 deductions on NRNB selections?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: February 23, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »

Not that I've ever known.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: February 23, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »

Not that I've ever known.

Think it depends on rules, particularly close to race.  Think some go to day of race market a day or two early and apply deductions.  Don't think anyone is for cheltenham yet.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »

Just had a tally up, and I'm down 40pts before the festival starts Cheesy

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: February 26, 2017, 11:40:59 PM »

Been wanting to click the button on Walsh being top jockey for days now & just my luck having left it too late now Gerraghty has got injured and is out of Cheltenham
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: February 27, 2017, 01:07:04 AM »

Camping Ground was mighty impressive today and there's still bits of 33/1 for the Coral Cup which seems the obvious target.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: March 01, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »

Camping Ground was mighty impressive today and there's still bits of 33/1 for the Coral Cup which seems the obvious target.

Don't think he's going to Cheltenham, from what Moore said.

https://livestream.com/accounts/37624/events/7031763

Gravy train preview starting in a minute.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: March 01, 2017, 08:39:58 PM »

I read the article where GM says he'd like to save him for Aintree but I also read another previously saying the owner is keen on the stayers' but GM thinks that's a little too far for him. I'm obviously hoping(me and my 33/1 voucher that is) that they reach a compromise and go for the Coral as CG does like Chelters as do we all. Only twelve sleeps to go now..

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: March 02, 2017, 03:58:00 AM »

I read the article where GM says he'd like to save him for Aintree but I also read another previously saying the owner is keen on the stayers' but GM thinks that's a little too far for him. I'm obviously hoping(me and my 33/1 voucher that is) that they reach a compromise and go for the Coral as CG does like Chelters as do we all. Only twelve sleeps to go now..

I've had a pony on Peregrine Run @ 12/1 in that.

My adventure starts a couple days earlier, as I'm off to Gatwick on Sunday afternoon, and flying first thing Monday  

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: