blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022007 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: February 02, 2018, 06:54:34 PM »

Gutted to hear that ATR have lost the Irish racing after this year as it gets star billing with them whereas it'll get lost in split-screen city over on RUK.

Saw that, and was quite surprised.

I prefer RUK, but really like Gary O'Brien.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: February 02, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »

Okay - have spent the morning at the stable and out on the gallops watching Brushed Up and others having a work out.

Brushed Up will probably have one more run this season at the end of Feb we anticipate a good run.

Two others to keep your eye on and who should make very good showings are Ask Catkin & Toosey, the team are very impressed with Toosey and anticipate a visit to the winners enclosure soon.

One other to look at is Loud as Lions whose family hails back to Night Nurse - beautiful creature  and could surprise.

Finally Venetia Williams is having a out of sorts season but that could well change for Chelty - so just keep an eye out. Will probably post late on the 11th March as will be getting an insight on a few runners from Mr P Scudamore and others including Tom our trainer at a Chelty preview dinner.

Thanks for this, Mikey.

I see that Ask Catkin has a few entries next week - dependent on conditions, I'm guessing. As it happens, I'll be at Huntingdon on Thursday, so I hope that the distance & conditions suit for that day.

I've been noting Venetia's ongoing absence from the winners enclosure for some little while now (with the odd exception), and it is indeed rather unusual for her especially with conditions that would normally be considered to be in her favour. Perhaps there's some bug/virus not yet sorted there?

Best of luck for you and all the other connections attached to these animals. May they all come home sound enough for their next races.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »

Apparently no virus at the Williams stable - just a bout of the horses not wanting to run. Her yard is only down the road from me - but as Marvin would say I have heard it through the grapevine that there could be a sudden turn of fortune at Chelty so watch for any runners she has there.

Interesting we have another horse that I thought might run this year - but I have been told categorically that the horse has decided he doesn't fancy running this year and is basically saying F**K Off to the trainer and all. Better win next year or France will beckon.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: February 03, 2018, 09:46:41 AM »

Gutted to hear that ATR have lost the Irish racing after this year as it gets star billing with them whereas it'll get lost in split-screen city over on RUK.

Great news.

ATR is a joke of a channel. Massive picture delays and generally terrible presenters.

The only explanation ATR have ever given for their time delay is to improve picture quality, yet they still look like they're beamed from Mars, and are massively inferior to RUK, whose pics are only a split second behind. Maybe this is only a major issue for IR players, but there's no way anyone could argue ATR's pics are anything other than shite.

Matthew Imi never replied to any requests for a reason why (the delay) when myself and Matt Williams started Trading Post in the paper. "In a meeting" came back a couple of times early doors.

RUK is 100x times better. Maybe they'll pick up GO'B too?

It feels like ATR is slowly losing the war. Leicester, Stratford, Taunton, Exeter, Ascot, all the Irish courses. GOOD!

https://www.racingpost.com/news/media-rights/key-questions-and-answers-about-ruk-s-poaching-of-irish-racing-from-atr/318117
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:51:02 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: February 03, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »

Great news.

ATR is a joke of a channel. Massive picture delays and generally terrible presenters.

The only explanation ATR have ever given for their time delay is to improve picture quality, yet they still look like they're beamed from Mars, and are massively inferior to RUK, whose pics are only a split second behind. Maybe this is only a major issue for IR players, but there's no way anyone could argue ATR's pics are anything other than shite.

Matthew Imi never replied to any requests for a reason why (the delay) when myself and Matt Williams started Trading Post in the paper. "In a meeting" came back a couple of times early doors.

RUK is 100x times better. Maybe they'll pick up GO'B too?

It feels like ATR is slowly losing the war. Leicester, Stratford, Taunton, Exeter, Ascot, all the Irish courses. GOOD!

https://www.racingpost.com/news/media-rights/key-questions-and-answers-about-ruk-s-poaching-of-irish-racing-from-atr/318117

Not questioning the difference in quality or the delay issue, simply stating that there's already too much content on RUK so unless they add RUK2 the Irish racing won't be properly showcased as it has been on ATR. Also love Gary O'Brien.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: February 03, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »

RUK are way better at getting their races off at different times, not like the free-for-all on 415.

At the moment the Irish just jump off when they feel like it. That will improve and lazy Dessie Scahill will have to buck his ideas up too. His days of nipping down for a hog roast and a pint between races and scrambling back out of breath are numbered.

As long as races are scheduled to miss each other, once the Irish is on RUK, you can almost guarantee they will miss each other. RUK are in charge of their courses.

1.01 GO'B gets picked up in the transfer window too. He's ideal for 432.

The argument that the man in the street won't be able to watch racing any more is a non-starter. Anyone with a Betfair or Betdaq account can watch any race they like. Have a fiver on the favourite and lay it back at around the same price, and you've got pictures.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »

Proper carnage in the opening grade1 novice hdl. at Leopardstown as 50/1+bfsp complete rag wins and no less than four horses traded odds-on in running.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: February 03, 2018, 02:33:33 PM »

Min was superb, and Yorkhill is a lunatic.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: February 03, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »

Okay - have spent the morning at the stable and out on the gallops watching Brushed Up and others having a work out.

Brushed Up will probably have one more run this season at the end of Feb we anticipate a good run.

Two others to keep your eye on and who should make very good showings are Ask Catkin & Toosey, the team are very impressed with Toosey and anticipate a visit to the winners enclosure soon.

One other to look at is Loud as Lions whose family hails back to Night Nurse - beautiful creature  and could surprise.

Finally Venetia Williams is having a out of sorts season but that could well change for Chelty - so just keep an eye out. Will probably post late on the 11th March as will be getting an insight on a few runners from Mr P Scudamore and others including Tom our trainer at a Chelty preview dinner.

Thanks for this, Mikey.

I see that Ask Catkin has a few entries next week - dependent on conditions, I'm guessing. As it happens, I'll be at Huntingdon on Thursday, so I hope that the distance & conditions suit for that day.

I've been noting Venetia's ongoing absence from the winners enclosure for some little while now (with the odd exception), and it is indeed rather unusual for her especially with conditions that would normally be considered to be in her favour. Perhaps there's some bug/virus not yet sorted there?

Best of luck for you and all the other connections attached to these animals. May they all come home sound enough for their next races.

+1 to all 4K said.

Missed that yesterday.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5229 on: February 03, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »

Espoir tomorrow boys if can do it well tomorrow then I'll be going in again for triumph and
Supreme nrnb least will get half back!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: February 03, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »

Espoir tomorrow boys if can do it well tomorrow then I'll be going in again for triumph and
Supreme nrnb least will get half back!

It'll be interesting to see how Farclas and Mitchouka run against it tomorrow as I was convinced the latter had improved on it's last run and expect the former to come on a lot.

Sad to report that might just be how good the once-great Faugheen is now.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5231 on: February 03, 2018, 08:36:02 PM »

If they go a good pace neither will get close to espoir
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5232 on: February 03, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »

I hope
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »

Perplexing run from Espoir after pulling very hard early - Price might be a little too big now if it's sound.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5234 on: February 04, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »

MYbe I'm just biased now but think lot of excuses there not giving up on him yet
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: