blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1019371 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 10, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Not really hysteria though is it?

A man cheated, was paid to cheat, was banned but still made nearly 3 million us dollars riding in Philadelphia (for his brother) and nearly half that again in Bahrain and then Ireland.

A lot of comments elsewhere saying he has "served his time" he has done nothing of the sort.

Personally i feel uncomfortable that a man who lied under oath is back riding tomorrow, a lot more than a trainer who has a horse half fit on a third run for a handicap
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »

Not really hysteria though is it?

A man cheated, was paid to cheat, was banned but still made nearly 3 million us dollars riding in Philadelphia (for his brother) and nearly half that again in Bahrain and then Ireland.

A lot of comments elsewhere saying he has "served his time" he has done nothing of the sort.

Personally i feel uncomfortable that a man who lied under oath is back riding tomorrow, a lot more than a trainer who has a horse half fit on a third run for a handicap

Fair enough. I think there are different, equally valid opinions on this issue and that's all I was trying to put across.

Not going to fall out over it Smiley Let me just give you my final words on the matter, though:

As a young boy, I was told all sorts of stories about owners and trainers cheating the system. Dogs and horses. One lesson ended with the line that stayed with me:

"...and if you ever want a reason not to lose everything you have through betting on racing, there it is
"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 10, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »

Two cricketers were jailed for the same "offence".  He should have been prosecuted and jailed.  He should have been banned from riding for 50 years.  He's a cu*t.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »

And breathe.

Anyone got any thoughts on the new Tapeta track at wolves?  Does it suit US breds like polytrack?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 10, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »

In many respects the fact he owned up/stupid enough to get caught makes him somewhat better than the many others that do it, without us "knowing".

As stated earlier in the week, I watched the offending race, and if the same diligence was applied to many other rides on a daily basis, and jockeys put under some severe questioning about how hard they were trying, I suspect we wouldn't have that many jockeys left at the end of one week.

A shot across the bows was made and it didn't really make much difference in my humble.

I saw an interview with Ed Quigley in the week and agree that you can only win as a punter in this game, once you have served your dues, and start to understand how certain trainers "behave", and when their horses are likely to be trying, much of it just isn't in the form book. To do this requires the co-operation of the jockeys.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 10, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »

Are you boys ALL getting the lot?

Incred stuff, well done all.

Them poor bookies, I feel bad for them. When Marky is winning, things are really bad.

Broken clocks etc.  Wink

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 10, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »

Of course it happens a lot but unless you are the jockey involved you never know for sure whether it was stopped or something else happened. The fact he admitted it was key and its not a big stretch of anyone who watched a lot of racing in the period that it was his only race he played in. There are particularly tragic races involving Lynch, Eddie Ahern (now banned) and Mckeown (now banned) around Wolverhampton at this period.

Talking of Wolver....

Working on a big angle for tomorrow waiting for prices then will post when on...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:15:50 PM by horseplayer » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »

And breathe.

Anyone got any thoughts on the new Tapeta track at wolves?  Does it suit US breds like polytrack?

Exciting new innovation.

Won't be having a bet until its clear there are no oddities etc. ie, only suits frontrunners/holdup/fast ground/soft ground horses etc

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 10, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »

And breathe.

Not so much so far...

However Dickinson has stated this is a new "grade" of Tapeta that has been laid at Wolver so existing patterns "could" be misleading. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 10, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »

Must have too many horses in my tracker, and should really clear it out...

15:15 Wol - Free Entry

Looking likely to be fave when they open, and obviously the new surface too, so will probably just chuck it in a tiny treble with the other 2.

16:00 Ayr - Karaka Jack

Had this one in my tracker for a while, but only started backing it again the last few times, and think Adz thought its time was near LTO.

16:30 Ayr - Tadalavil

Backed it a couple times when Adz put it up, including once at a nice price last year. Just looking through, I see it won at a big price last month, just after I got back from Vegas, and wasn't bothering to check my emails from ATR.

Looks like it's still in good form, and gets on well with the jockey, who claims 5.

Feedback from the wiser souls most welcome.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 10, 2014, 10:36:48 PM »

Karaka Jack will be interesting with Graham Lee up

Tadalavil been running consistently for a few races now, which is most unusual. Still well weighted on old form. Annoyingly Klynch is in the race, who I said to follow after the race at Carlisle last week. I shall split any bet here.

I put up Black Douglas last week, and although I thought that race was ideal, the opposition here looks equally poor and at 12-1 I shall go 1pt ew in the 5.00 at Ayr. GL

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 10, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »

Douglas completes the Vegas chaser Grin

GL

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »

Quite a lot of rain on the West Coast today and its pelting down just now, just spoken to a friend who has driven up from Stranraer and said it was pelting down all the way up the road so would expect it to be very soft at Ayr romorrow.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 11, 2014, 01:43:06 AM »

Quite a lot of rain on the West Coast today and its pelting down just now, just spoken to a friend who has driven up from Stranraer and said it was pelting down all the way up the road so would expect it to be very soft at Ayr romorrow.

Nice one, Mac.

The 2 I chucked up are pretty versatile, so hopefully it will affect others more than them.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 11, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »

Really wanted to buy the distances at Wolver today, no spread accounts useable and cant find any fixed odds firms quotes

So have had a smaller bet on over 16.5 lengths at nearly 2/1 on betfair

Plenty of evidence out there that Tapeta means bigger winning distances lets hope that stays the way with this different grade.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: