blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Woolwich shooting
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woolwich shooting  (Read 24444 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »

Yes. I think these guys should suffer the death penalty. Not for revenge, but to make absolutely sure they never do it again, and to save us the cost of imprisoning them for the next 40 /50 years.

Given that at least one of them was not even a Muslim just a few years ago would it not be wise to undo the brain washing he has clearly fallen victim to rather than just kill him?
Quite simply

NO

Can either of you kill him then.  I don't want to and I wouldn't like to be in the position to ask another person to kill.

No worries I'll do it   

100% easy ....(in this instance)
🔫

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »

Can someone define "terrorism" please.

I always thought is was planned acts of violence by organisations planned and executed to cause fear and unrest in a population in order to change the policies of an enemy government.

What I didn't think it was: two random nutters killing a a random stranger however horrifying and disgusting that is.

Just because the murderer rambled on about random political and religious stuff in an attempt to justify his act doesn't make it terrorism.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terrorism#seen

It was a rhetorical question obviously.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

Can someone define "terrorism" please.

I always thought is was planned acts of violence by organisations planned and executed to cause fear and unrest in a population in order to change the policies of an enemy government.

What I didn't think it was: two random nutters killing a a random stranger however horrifying and disgusting that is.

Just because the murderer rambled on about random political and religious stuff in an attempt to justify his act doesn't make it terrorism.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terrorism#seen

It was a rhetorical question obviously.

Yeah I know, I was just being a cheeky twat  Wink
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:26:27 PM by Woodsey » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

From the woman who talked to the murderer while he waited for the police to arrive:

"I was thinking, 'You're a madman. Why are you doing that for?'"

Really, I would be very very surprised if it turns out these guys are members of a terrorist organisation.

Two random nutters, not a threat to UK at all.

Lock them up in a secure hospital.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »

On the complete flip side there are some amazing people in the world for good reasons

http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-just-died-what-he-left-behind-is-wondtacular-rip?g=7&fb_source=timeline&ref=profile#_=_

Some of you might have read about it, seen it. 20min video, worth watching, puts life in perspective for sure, inspirational stuff

for sure. good vid.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »

From the woman who talked to the murderer while he waited for the police to arrive:

Really, I would be very very surprised if it turns out these guys are members of a terrorist organisation.

Completely agree they are nutters, but I don't think they have done this because they were bored one afternoon.
Personally I think this has been planned by a man in a mosque who recruits said nutters, brainwashes and trains them to believe what they are doing is 100% the right thing to do.
That is what makes this a terrorist threat, no doubt the government can link these two back to a person who has links to extremist cells in London and abroad.

Or maybe i just read too many books.....

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »

Random or not these two were known to the security services.

Ah! The element of surprise
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

Going back to Keiths question about defining terrorism I think this is absolutely terrorism.  Terrorism is less about the actual acts themselves as about affecting the whole population psychologically and affecting the freedom they feel to go about their lives in the usual way.  The IRA's great success was that at one point in their campaign almost everybody in England had had their daily routine affected by a bomb scare even if not by a bomb directly.  Similarly now there will be parents with kids that were planning on going to university in London this year that now don't want them to go because there are "terrorist nutters roaming the streets".  I consider myself to be a very rational person but not long after 7/7 I was on the tube and a couple of Asian kids got on carrying big backpacks and it made me nervous.  It is statistically illogical to be that way but that is the point of terror.  The actual impact of their crimes goes far beyond that of their direct victims they affect the entire population.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »

I think its fairly obvious given how quickly this was classed as a terror attack that the perpetrators are clearly known to intelligence officials.

Oh snap

http://news.sky.com/story/1094560/woolwich-suspects-known-to-security-services

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »

These two are angry young men, lashing out against some perceived injustice.

These two guys
Brevik fella in Norway
EDL twats
The guy in America who shot up the cinema showing the Batman film.

A lot of men get riled up by some aspect of the modern world - we've seen a few of us here getting angry and wanting to lash out. All it takes is for a very small number of these to have some degree of sociopathy and they'll do some retarded, fucked up shit.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »

Going back to Keiths question about defining terrorism I think this is absolutely terrorism.  Terrorism is less about the actual acts themselves as about affecting the whole population psychologically and affecting the freedom they feel to go about their lives in the usual way.  The IRA's great success was that at one point in their campaign almost everybody in England had had their daily routine affected by a bomb scare even if not by a bomb directly.  Similarly now there will be parents with kids that were planning on going to university in London this year that now don't want them to go because there are "terrorist nutters roaming the streets".  I consider myself to be a very rational person but not long after 7/7 I was on the tube and a couple of Asian kids got on carrying big backpacks and it made me nervous.  It is statistically illogical to be that way but that is the point of terror.  The actual impact of their crimes goes far beyond that of their direct victims they affect the entire population.

By that definition Stu, the Yorkshire Ripper and Steve Wright were terrorists too, because thye absolutely changed the way women acted while they were on the loose.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:26:46 PM by The Camel » Logged

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »

These two guys
Brevik fella in Norway
EDL twats

A lot of men get riled up by some aspect of the modern world - we've seen a few of us here getting angry and wanting to lash out. All it takes is for a very small number of these to have some degree of sociopathy and they'll do some retarded, fucked up shit.

This.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

I think the point is one of intent.  The Yorkshire Ripper and Steve Wright certainly terrorised their communities but that wasn't their motivation or intent it was a by product of their actions.  Terrorists act with the intention of creating terror with their acts.  It is, in many ways, more important than the actual act to them.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »

Oh lovely, he lived 5 minutes away from me.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/LIVE-Woolwich-murderer-Michael-Adebolajo-s/story-19068665-detail/story.html#axzz2U15EM1AG

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »

These two guys
Brevik fella in Norway
EDL twats

the edl are definitely not the same as brevik, these 2 from yesterday and the batman guy.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: