blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Woolwich shooting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woolwich shooting  (Read 24437 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »

I dont think its racism that causes more indignation in cases like this. Its just that this kind of attack is further outside our frame of reference than many equally sick happenings. Shooting up schools, man murders child and these kinds of things are more regular events so we become a little desensitised. This reminds me of when a couple of soldiers were hauled out of a car in NI and murdered. Seemed much more shocking to me than any number of bombs and shootings.

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »

Can someone define "terrorism" please.

I always thought is was planned acts of violence by organisations planned and executed to cause fear and unrest in a population in order to change the policies of an enemy government.

What I didn't think it was: two random nutters killing a a random stranger however horrifying and disgusting that is.

Just because the murderer rambled on about random political and religious stuff in an attempt to justify his act doesn't make it terrorism.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »

I dont think its racism that causes more indignation in cases like this. Its just that this kind of attack is further outside our frame of reference than many equally sick happenings. Shooting up schools, man murders child and these kinds of things are more regular events so we become a little desensitised. This reminds me of when a couple of soldiers were hauled out of a car in NI and murdered. Seemed much more shocking to me than any number of bombs and shootings.

Totally agree. There are certain incidents that are so unbelievable/shocking that it stays with you for a very long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIP-aVfw13w

Never ever forget that.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »

Yes. I think these guys should suffer the death penalty. Not for revenge, but to make absolutely sure they never do it again, and to save us the cost of imprisoning them for the next 40 /50 years.

Do I think they should be killed without trial because there is no doubt that they did it? No, of course not.

Fair trials are not there to convict the guilty, they are there to protect the innocent. Ergo guilt, or the evidence of it, must be tested no matter how apparently cut and dried it may seem, otherwise the step between accusation and conviction becomes smaller and smaller until eventually, it disappears altogether.

The older I get, the better I was.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »

I always thought is was planned acts of violence by organisations planned and executed to cause fear and unrest in a population in order to change the policies of an enemy government.

What I didn't think it was: two random nutters killing a a random stranger however horrifying and disgusting that is.

Just because the murderer rambled on about random political and religious stuff in an attempt to justify his act doesn't make it terrorism.

quite so.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terrorism#seen
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »

Just reporting on BBC that these guys were known to the security services.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »

Yes. I think these guys should suffer the death penalty. Not for revenge, but to make absolutely sure they never do it again, and to save us the cost of imprisoning them for the next 40 /50 years.

Do I think they should be killed without trial because there is no doubt that they did it? No, of course not.

Fair trials are not there to convict the guilty, they are there to protect the innocent. Ergo guilt, or the evidence of it, must be tested no matter how apparently cut and dried it may seem, otherwise the step between accusation and conviction becomes smaller and smaller until eventually, it disappears altogether.

Tom ....great post my friend
I was trying to find these words and then you posted
Thanks

What he said ⬆

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

quite so.

This! Government and media led fear!

Ive been saying it for years, and ill make it my only point in this thread (as I dont indulge in or digest mainstream media where ever possible),...........

If we really had something to fear, we the general public would be last to know about it!

Take your pick on any of the following:

Dangerous Dogs
Peadophillia
"Terrorism"
Football Violence
Weapons of mass Destruction

We are fed what the powers at large want us to be fed to fit their existing agenda. Are dogs not Dangerous anymore? Is there no violence at football anymore? What about abroad?

Take the word terrorism and islam(islamic/islamist etc) out of all of your news reports tonight, and see what you are left with.

Clearly this is a terrible event, but lets take it for what it is

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »

It seems to me that's exactly what has happened here.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »

Given that at least one of them was not even a Muslim just a few years ago would it not be wise to undo the brain washing he has clearly fallen victim to rather than just kill him?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »

Given that at least one of them was not even a Muslim just a few years ago would it not be wise to undo the brain washing he has clearly fallen victim to rather than just kill him?
Quite simply

NO

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »

On the complete flip side there are some amazing people in the world for good reasons

http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-just-died-what-he-left-behind-is-wondtacular-rip?g=7&fb_source=timeline&ref=profile#_=_

Some of you might have read about it, seen it. 20min video, worth watching, puts life in perspective for sure, inspirational stuff
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

Quite simply

NO

Can either of you kill him then.  I don't want to and I wouldn't like to be in the position to ask another person to kill.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »

Quite simply

NO

Can either of you kill him then.  I don't want to and I wouldn't like to be in the position to ask another person to kill.

No worries I'll do it   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: