blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 129514 times)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 28, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »

I listened to the recent one with Nick Wealthall.  I like Nick's style.  I can even tolerate his humour!  Enjoyed one of his training courses I did running up to quitting last year (co-incidental in timing and not the cause of me quitting).

I tried the Daniel Negreanu episode, but I struggle to listen to his tone of voice.  Got the whole series downloaded so will work my way through others.  Jake Cody & Chris Moorman will be a very worthwhile listen I am sure.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:49 AM »

Standing desks are in the news again today Barry. Do you still have yours?

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

Standing desks are in the news again today Barry. Do you still have yours?

No it was actually really starting to get too tiring, believe it or not. I'm waiting for this one to become available in the UK with my plan to stand in the morning and then sit in the afternoon, or vice versa:

http://standdesk.co/

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: March 27, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »

I don't actually believe that we were designed to stand when we're not going anywhere.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: March 27, 2015, 09:11:39 AM »

I don't actually believe that we were designed to stand when we're not going anywhere.

You might be right. We were certainly designed to walk a lot more than most humans currently do. That's one of things I've always been thankful for with having a dog. I love walking, being a postie has always appealed to me a little actually.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: March 27, 2015, 09:13:49 AM »

You might be right. We were certainly designed to walk a lot more than most humans currently do. That's one of things I've always been thankful for with having a dog. I love walking, being a postie has always appealed to me a little actually.

I love walking too, and cycling. That being said, I've always fancied being a JCB owner - operator.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 28, 2015, 10:52:16 PM »

Diary needs a bump.

Just watched Blackadder Back and Forth for the first time in ages. Had forgotten just how funny it was. Over time, I'd exaggerated how poor a relation it was to the golden series. Colin Firth as Shakespeare, Kate Moss as Maid Marian/Queen Marian and Rik Mayall as Robin Hood.

...which youtubing led me here...

Take it you remember Maid Marian and her Merry Men?

There. Now if that doesn't inspire an update, nothing will.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: December 28, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »

Ha, good bumpage

Yep watched BlackAdder's Christmas Carol this crimbo and on to your other point, to answer your question know that I sing this song every single Pancake day:

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 28, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »

One of those children's theme tunes that stuck with me. Like Bodger and Badger. And Chucklevision.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 29, 2015, 01:29:30 AM »

what are you working on right now? are you still at pokerstrategy? writing any books?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: December 29, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »

what are you working on right now? are you still at pokerstrategy? writing any books?

Yep still there and working on the third book with Tendler. Not a poker book this time, he has such a broad range of clients and his material is so broadly applicable to lots of things that we are attempting a mainstream title next year.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »

So last week was the first week where Gina and I had wednesday off instead of saturday (and sunday off as always).

Its weird, deffo has benefits.

Wednesday comes round really quickly, which is nice. However you dont feel like you need a break yet. Its going to be a huge benefit for trivial things we do on saturdays like the big shop, getting haircut, etc.

Working saturdays is also quite nice because nobody bothers me on skype.

I suppose the worst thing is no sooner does a day off start that you are preparing to go to work again. But at the same time, no sooner do you start work than you have another day off to look forward to.

In other news, here is the best bits of my fave episode of Seinfeld:

Was watching a few Seinfeld clips tonight and knew I'd seen a few on here before, of the few tonight this had me roffling pretty hard, enjoy:

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 23, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »

Bump

I just came across this when reading about Ken Cheng, who won the award for the best joke at the Edinburgh fringe.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2017/08/09/37405/how_being_a_professional_poker_player_prepared_me_for_stand-up_comedy

He gives a big plug for your book for comedians.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: August 23, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »

Bump

I just came across this when reading about Ken Cheng, who won the award for the best joke at the Edinburgh fringe.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2017/08/09/37405/how_being_a_professional_poker_player_prepared_me_for_stand-up_comedy

Nice bumpage.

Yes I saw that last week and contacted Ken right away. I was chuffed, because I am a stand-up obsessive, and I actually once throwaway suggested to Jared that there would be a market for a 'mental game of stand-up). I'm interviewing Ken next week.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 23, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »

Bump

Nice bumpage.

Yes I saw that last week and contacted Ken right away. I was chuffed, because I am a stand-up obsessive, and I actually once throwaway suggested to Jared that there would be a market for a 'mental game of stand-up). I'm interviewing Ken next week.

Ha, you have to be hoping he just turns it into a massive book plug.  Good luck with the interview.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: