blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Online Club Cash Games
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Online Club Cash Games  (Read 126915 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »

May I refer back to my post on page one of this thread...no one with the knowledge has said whether or not this is possible or would work...

Surely if these tracking programs that pull up stats on your opponents work on usernames is it not time a poker site was the first to introduce the ability to change your username as often as you wish - it can't be that hard to introduce and then the vast information won't be able to be collected???

You could change it every day if you wished - making stats pointless for those collecting them

I really don't like the idea of players being able to regularly change their screen names.

One name - preferably real - should be the maximum. We have a right to use our skill against a player who's style we know, but that does not extend to a crib sheet generated by software.

I once observed a player change his screen name 3 times in one evening. That's just wrong. Deliberately mimicking other players names should be avoided, too. Think there were several variants of "RobYong" on DTD at one time via players making out to be him. 

If software was banned I agree that changing your name would not be required, the idea I was trying to suggest was more a way of trying to prevent your own playing style from being data based while these software programs are openly used and perfectly legal.

Kind of a "if poker sites won't stop it from happening I will chop and change my name so you don't get info on me" type of thing.

I don't think the big sites see it as a problem as I would bet every one of their pros use it...but the more the income declines the more they should look to change.

Yes, I completely see where you are coming from, I just think that is sort of tail wagging the dog.

You are correct, imo, too, as traffic declines, the rooms will & must make such changes as they see fit.

The situaton is clouded by the sheer size & success of 'Stars. Many rooms are in decline far greater than the annual industry rate, but their traffic is migrating to Stars.  I'm a Stars fan, everyone is, but if they end up with too much of the market, it has to be bad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »

Apologies for hogging the thread since yesterday.

Think I really ought to stop Posting on this thread, it is Rob's thread, not mine, but I feel very passionately about it, & I've worked in the Industry for a very long time, so it matters to me, & I do have an understanding of where the Industry currently is. If I could produce a graph of online poker Traffic for the last 10 years, most would be convinced by the need to look at ourselves & make some adjustments. We should all buy in to that.

Over & out, sorry Rob. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Are you allowed to play in these games Tony, what with your commitments "next door"?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »

Are you allowed to play in these games Tony, what with your commitments "next door"?

Unfortunately not, or at least not until I get the tin tack, or retire!

I'd be there in a shot if I could. I support Rob's initiative 100%.

I play Online every night though, at stakes that would surprise you - 2p-4p, 4p-8p, 5p-10p - & you'd be amazed how it DOES help, & gives the recreationals a feeling they they do actually matter. And they do - they represent, what, 90%+ of the market?

On a poker forum we get an unbalanced view because it is populated by a lot of "pros", "grinders" etc, but the little man needs his voice heard too. He is more important to the Industry than many think.

Whoops, there I go again, sorry. Over & out.

TexasGrindEm

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »

As these games seems to be running pretty well so far, I wonder how long it'll be before the exclusive DTD tournaments comes to life - especially for the days DTD is shut.
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2013, 10:58:07 AM »

On a poker forum we get an unbalanced view because it is populated by a lot of "pros", "grinders" etc, but the little man needs his voice heard too. He is more important to the Industry than many think.

I think he or she are the only ones that can stop the decline.  Well said Tony, well said.

DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

As these games seems to be running pretty well so far, I wonder how long it'll be before the exclusive DTD tournaments comes to life - especially for the days DTD is shut.

HI Texas wouldn't it be great to have the £15 nightly and the Super 50 online.............to start off we have introduced the devil fish room hand picked tournaments for regs to get involved with http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/devilfish-room.php

its a start

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

Online cash game club tonight anyone? All levels from NL10 and up, all signed up welcome

Sit at a table and I will try and fill it up for you...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »

Is there mac support yet for the online card room?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »

Online cash game club tonight anyone? All levels from NL10 and up, all signed up welcome

Sit at a table and I will try and fill it up for you...

May well have a look in , sometime after 9pm on the 1-2 tables if anyone wants to bum hunt Wink
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »

Is there mac support yet for the online card room?

No, it doesn't function on a Mac yet. Same for Ipad, unfortunately

My eyes are open wide
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »

Just some points on the Tracking Software debate;

From Rob's Blog;
I have had some debates with a number of professional online grinders, the most common being the prohibited use of any form of tracking software, which the online pros claim doesn’t benefit them ‘much’, is available to purchase for everyone and who cares because most new and recreational players don’t know it exists anyway. Well, if it doesn’t ‘really’ benefit you then why do you buy it, go to the effort of configuring it, importing all of your hand histories, and then overlaying the HUD on all of your tables, why do you buy hand histories of games that you have never even played in and why do you swap this data with each other?

I think this issue is being blown slightly out of proportion, I was one of the online players who said I would like to see online tracking software banned, I also said it isn't "much" benefit to me but I meant it in different terms to how you might think, if for example I had this software and no-one else did, then I would have a monstrous advantage over the other regular players, I've collected (legitimately) 20k, 25k and even on one player 35,000 hands on some of the regular players I play with, as it happens I barely look at the stats on these guys I've been playing with them for years and know their games pretty well, but I could look way way deeper into their games, really analyse and review what hands they showed up with where and when etc and they'd have no idea I could even possibly have known all this.

As it happens I don't/haven't actually done this ever, and the reason being that I just don't really know how, and a surprisingly high % of players I know online are the same, we have all these fancy stats and have learnt what they mean but haven't really taught ourselves how to use this new-found information, I'm veyr bad with numbers so I actuallly get a bit of headache looking at it all. I do know some players though who are so fast and clever with all this info that they really do gain a HUGE amount from it, they can look at some stat and instead of just knowing "ahhh so this guy has won the pot 53% of the time he has bet the river" they know how that will affect his play and make some sort of adjustment accordingly. Since talking to those people its forced me to go and be better with this stuff as its kinda scary how easy it is for them to break my game up when they have played 20,000 hands with me! 95% of the way I use my HEM database is to make pretty graphs after good months to show everyone how sick I am Cheesy or to check after making a dubious all-in how much equity I had to see if I was being dumb or playing well lol

Against recreational opponents the sample of hands is very small and therefore only the very basic statistics are any use, VPIP/PFR/3B (how many hands they play/raise and re-raise) pre-flop and if I was only playing 4 tables then I would be able to know this info anyways without the use of the software as it's pretty easy to see if someone is tight/loose/aggressive just by concentrating. So whereas I gain a small advantage from having the software over the recreational players, the regulars who have this software and know how to properly use it gain a bigger advantage over me because of the size of the sample of hands - also on the front of PUrchasing hand history's, this is totally cheating and anyone who admits to doing it should be outed here, its ludacrous the sites dont take legal action against sites selling this stuff, but you can't select to buy hand histories on specific players, you just buy histories from certain stakes and certain periods of time, so if you were to buy HH's and $2/$4 and $3/$6 PLO for last month you'd get a lot more of my HH's than most recreational players, disadvantaging me further. Acquiring a 300 hand batch of say Rob's HH's from the last month wouldn't actually be any use to me whatsoever. 

The Software DOES NOT give regular players a ZEN-LIKE advantage over recreational players

Purchasing HH's from data mining sites IS cheating and again it's the regular players who get cheated the most

So when I said tracking software doesn't benefit me "much" what I MEANT was - I'd make more money at online poker without it, but in the current state of things I make more money by having it, and mostly at the expense of clawing back advantage the other regs using it have as opposed to directly taking that from the recreational players.

I think Rob's initiate is great I really do, I'm behind him 100% and will support the games at all stakes 25p/50p - 5/10£. I really hope it works and actually think there is a great chance it will, Im not sure if Rob will change the global landscape of online poker, and certainly not overnight, but that isn't really his immediate intention I dont think and I think this could be the beginning of some very positive changes in online poker. What worries me though is that we'll get very caught up in this debate over tracking software and data-mining when it's not where near as important for online poker as some of the other issues that are attempting to be fixed here and that could hold progress back.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »

Great post.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »

Congratulations on your appointment Tighty, tough job ahead (changing peoples habits).. I will do my bit, albeit Im not a big on line cash player (time, etc) I wish DTD and you the best in making this happen as the alternative does not look particularly favourable from what I read....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »

thanks

Keep an eye open on the thread. Promotions coming that will suit players at all levels

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: