blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Short term 180s backing...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Short term 180s backing...  (Read 30394 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

I was doing the maths earlier and I think it works out something like to double my $200 investment the initial roll would need to be turned from $2000 into $8660.

I would have made $200 profit and horse would have made $4662.

Am I being dumb and way off the mark??

10% of $2k = $200, so roll of $4k = $2k profit (2000/10x7 = 1400) leaves 600 remaining for investors so 10% = $60 x3.33 = $200

Confused.

Nah if you bought the full $2k and the roll was doubled, you get your 2k stake back + 30% of the $2k profit, so $2600 total ($2k+$600).  Ray doesnt get to keep any of the stake.

The stake is refunded in full, and the profits are split 70/30.

Obv Monda doesn't keep any of the stake (unless you consider rakeback as stake)

I think you have just rewritten what I said but as a full investor. 10% = $60 per double up to investor basically (excluding returned stake) and $1400 per double up to horse. So to double my investment the whole roll would have to be $8.6k no? I'm not here to quible, I just wanted to confirm my understanding as there was defo some confusion.

I think what Guy is saying is it is terrible "punt" for a "punter" like me who dreams of getting rich quick. Nothing against Ray, in reality it's a zero risk investment assuming you can afford to keep reloading and Monda doesn't do a dissapearing act.. but with small returns.

I think I will just have to rely on Dubai or Eso to pay for the Milligan's Xmas this year. Turkey pot noodles it is... again

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »

If you keep making these investments you will very quickly start making a lot of money for an extremely low risk.

If you check the early posts of my stable graph in my diary you can see how investing small amounts at low risk can build up quickly into something worth having.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

If you keep making these investments you will very quickly start making a lot of money for an extremely low risk.

If you check the early posts of my stable graph in my diary you can see how investing small amounts at low risk can build up quickly into something worth having.

this isn't disputed,

but not many people invest 200 to return 250 on these boards. The fact the period is capped isn't an incentive either

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »

I'm not sure if I just take your posts the wrong way or it's because I have never met you irl but you often seem to come across as quite patronising.

If that was your attention this is my response: If you check the early posts in my Way of the N!T thread you will see I am an expert in investing small amounts at low risk to build up quickly into something worth having.

If that wasn't your attention this is my response: As you were (that seems to be the common theme itt)

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »

Snap receive 2 messages that you are a nice guy, so you can take the second response. Although first 20 pages of that thread are defo worth a read.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »

Snap receive 2 messages that you are a nice guy

Trolls

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »

Snap receive 2 messages that you are a nice guy

Trolls

Duplicate accounts?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

I see absolutely no point or value in any of your posts itt Guy, it's quite blatantly obvious you aren't going to get rich off this stake.

I fail to see how the fact this proposal isn't basically just a punt is a bad thing, if you want the excitement of one off 4/5 fig scores don't invest in my thread, to come in and make the posts you have is just disrespectful, and I'm pretty thick skinned and don't really care but it's a bit of a joke.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »

Certainly not my intention to sound patronising, though I've learnt on several occasions already that messages can be read completely different to how they were meant to sound.

I just think coming ITT and saying that this is a bad punt is a bit of joke.  It is not meant to be a punt, it's a solid investment and IMO is one that is worth making.  Snap received 2 PM's that I'm a nice guy though?  I know for a fact someones getting levelled  Grin

On the plus side though Ray, this has been great for publicity.  You've got bros everywhere......
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:11:06 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »

Absolutely nothing I have said in this thread is disrespectful to you mate! Zero!

All I did was point out the obvious! And maybe highlight a reason why it hasn't flown of the shelves (in a piecemeal manner).

If I have pissed you off Im sorry, But Milligan can confirm that I am on your side in this. Feel free to ask him about the nice things I said about you (and Tomsom) by text.

I notice that you didn't highlight anything that Dave said ITT? Which is basically the same as I have said!

If you wanna have the hump feel free, but no harm intended.  At the end of the day ALL staking threads speak for themselves don't they.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »

Absolutely nothing I have said in this thread is disrespectful to you mate! Zero!

All I did was point out the obvious! And maybe highlight a reason why it hasn't flown of the shelves (in a piecemeal manner).

If I have pissed you off Im sorry, But Milligan can confirm that I am on your side in this. Feel free to ask him about the nice things I said about you (and Tomsom) by text.

I notice that you didn't highlight anything that Dave said ITT? Which is basically the same as I have said!

If you wanna have the hump feel free, but no harm intended.  At the end of the day ALL staking threads speak for themselves don't they.

Dave's posts seemed genuinely confused about the proposal.

Everyone's entitled to say anything they like, and so they should.

I don't do humps btw, well not those kind.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 03:22:44 PM »

you like dem wangs?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »

So anyway...

Since I put the thread up my new PC that I grind off has decided it no longer wishes to co-operate when I press the on button, go figure, so I need to get that sorted out, hopefully today.

Team

MC 10%
Tomsom 5%
Longy 10%
Nico 5%
Adam 70%

Go ahead and ship by preferred method please and hopefully I will have this sorted today and can grind from tmoro.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »

Just for transparency I have taken one off "punts" in Ray numerous times in the past but never invested in a 180s package. I assume he knows I think he's a deece guy and a good enough poker player to put my own money behind. Not that I just came in and said "it's a bad punt", I do think it's a great small gains investment but not a get rich "punting" opportunity for me personally and can confirm I wasn't 100% sure of the maths, can also confirm that Guy loves Monda and has only had good things to say.

sorry Mond, will be my last post. Much love and GL.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »

I would also like to say for transparency that Ray and I looked at some HH's last night and I can confirm that I left the session feeling very good about myself and my game.

Will ship now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: