blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:53:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Final table
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Final table  (Read 29864 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »

I am genuinely dumbfounded that 10 people really pm'd you.

Why don't they speak their mind here? So pathetic if you ask me.

? Huh its easy right?

If somebody is saying something and everybody is like OMG YOU ARE A PRICK, YOUR OPINION IS FKN RETARDED, would you come on and say the same things? But anyway lets leave it now, I sent Alex the stuff to stop me being accused of trying to stir stuff up when I genuinely just would prefer it all to be left now.

ok i'll just say it. Willing to bet you $500 that there weren't 10 people pm'ing you.

#canthelpmyself

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »

? Huh its easy right?

If somebody is saying something and everybody is like OMG YOU ARE A PRICK, YOUR OPINION IS FKN RETARDED, would you come on and say the same things? But anyway lets leave it now, I sent Alex the stuff to stop me being accused of trying to stir stuff up when I genuinely just would prefer it all to be left now.

ok i'll just say it. Willing to bet you $500 that there weren't 10 people pm'ing you.

#canthelpmyself

First rule of gambling young New York Cosmos...

Never bet on facts.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »

? Huh its easy right?

#canthelpmyself

First rule of gambling young New York Cosmos...

Never bet on facts.

This.

(Celebrity ITT)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »

Cos remember pms can mean a number of things.

It's implied that they are pms on blonde, but pm is private message so could be a text or Facebook message or a carrier pigeon note.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »

lol cos we just made up and now want to bet vs me? i dont want to take your money, i already took enough on Sunday    Ill skype you though if you want..

500 isnt worth losing the trust from people, the 100-1 off multiple of Alexs friends was tempting enough for me to accept a couple of nights ago though!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:49:55 PM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2013, 01:22:15 AM »

You are a pro poker player as such i feel you should show other pros respect. In the same way that Messi wouldn't go on twitter and say "lol how bad was that by Rooney" if Rooney made a mistake in the WC Final. You of course can have your feelings and express them privately by all means but going after fellow pros who are playing in an exceptionally unique situation is not on imo.

I agree with this too, and if I was a double bracelet winner like yourself or a big pro with lots of exposure I definitely wouldnt go about it on twitter saying lots of stuff.

Im just a

you $1-$2 wizard

posting on my local forum where only people who read are people i know virtually or in real life.

If Messi came to a world cup final and tried really hard but missed a penalty he probably wouldnt be deemed poorly by his fellow professionals, if it was the biggest game in his life and he turned up fat, hungover or like he just didnt care Im sure others would be disgusted.

I guess I am the Joey Barton of poker. Decent championship player who says it as he sees it.

Whilst Joey Barton might be a good player, he is a prick. He is largely disliked by both his peers and football fans. It's entertaining to watch his antics, but he comes across terribly. Please don't tell me you really view yourself that way.

I think a bunch of your posts all over the forum come off badly. Don't wanna start a war here but I'm not the only one who thinks so. Can chat about it on skype if you like but would be good to see you post in a slightly different way sometimes because theres a lot of great stuff in what you write.

I think that he comes across as a prick in probably 1% of his tweets, he just tweets a lot and is very honest so a tiny minority of the time he will look bad and this is what people remember. A lot of his content is really really good.

I agree with you too because im the same as him, i post in the rail, blogs, updates, staking, pha, lounge and sports! Im very opiniated, tell it exactly as I see it and dont think sometimes before posting, I apologised to red dog in my thread where I thought I was ool to him but just went back over this thread and think it is all standard. Im passionate about something, I post a lot and if ive posted 15000 times and 50 times have seemed like a prick then its such a small minority but ofc people will always remember this more than any other post.

Helmet.

(that was a joke)

50 times in this thread. 

Domaison

BetBetbet......
Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2013, 01:31:14 AM »

Some of the posts in this thread and on 2p2 by supposed 'heros' and big winners actually disgust me.

You've got a guy who has paid $10k, and got to where he is probably largely by luck.

He doesn't deserve to be torn apart by every pro and spotty 22 year old who crush the game.

If Havant and Waterlooville had made it past the 6th round a few years back against Liverpool and ended up playing Man Utd in the quarters, would you expect every top pundit and top player to be tweeting and commentating on how shit they were playing? 'OMG, how did he miss that from 20 yards out, ROFL how did he not manage to hit that man from 40 yards away'.

You need to grow up, have some respect and let recreational players play however the fuck they want. It doesn't matter one bit
how much effort and preparation you perceive them to have or have not put in. What if they were just happy with the $1mill they made and saw anything else as a bonus?

Absolutely This. 
Best in the Business my Arse.
#comesacrosssoarrogant

Domaison

BetBetbet......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:29 AM »

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2013, 04:50:03 AM »

His tweets from wsope ,aim event. Don't think he would have been the best ambassador

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »

lol cos we just made up and now want to bet vs me? i dont want to take your money, i already took enough on Sunday    Ill skype you though if you want..

500 isnt worth losing the trust from people, the 100-1 off multiple of Alexs friends was tempting enough for me to accept a couple of nights ago though!

lol sorry i just couldn't help myself.

the idea that you got 10 pms on here about it was hilarious but ok ok np Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »

Some of the posts in this thread and on 2p2 by supposed 'heros' and big winners actually disgust me.

You've got a guy who has paid $10k, and got to where he is probably largely by luck.

He doesn't deserve to be torn apart by every pro and spotty 22 year old who crush the game.

If Havant and Waterlooville had made it past the 6th round a few years back against Liverpool and ended up playing Man Utd in the quarters, would you expect every top pundit and top player to be tweeting and commentating on how shit they were playing? 'OMG, how did he miss that from 20 yards out, ROFL how did he not manage to hit that man from 40 yards away'.

You need to grow up, have some respect and let recreational players play however the fuck they want. It doesn't matter one bit
how much effort and preparation you perceive them to have or have not put in. What if they were just happy with the $1mill they made and saw anything else as a bonus?

Absolutely This. 
#comesacrosssoarrogant

I respect what everyone thinks and their right to think it, but making a pretty arrogant, kinda rude post calling someone arrogant is kinda silly imo

Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2013, 03:47:27 PM »

Absolutely This. 
#comesacrosssoarrogant

I respect what everyone thinks and their right to think it, but making a pretty arrogant, kinda rude post calling someone arrogant is kinda silly imo

Absolutely This. 
#comesacrosssoarrogant

As usual Dave you are quite correct.
BUT
The comment wasn't meant to be rude, just an opinion after spending a hour reading the whole thread.
Found the comments made by Plano pretty pathetic and annoying imo.
I see no valid reason for anyone to spend such a long time berating players for there play ever.
Given that it was the wsop final table & playing for insane amounts of cash that is my opinion on the comments. 
I think a bit of time away from poker may do him the world of good. Real life ftw.
Sorry if you felt I was being harsh on him. 
Wouldn't do for us all to be the same. 

Domaison

BetBetbet......
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »

Hey domalson

Understand exactly where you are coming from. I do thi k it was more me posting 3-4 times and then having to repeat what I said as different people disagreed rather than a constant barrage of abuse from me.

I felt that he showed a little bit of a lack of class in his preparation, followed up by his comments to the rail "I just don't care anymore" and then his twitter abuse, I think he would have been a very unpopular winner.

I went into this hoping he'd win. One of my closest friends is his best friend so was pumped for him. He'd even been coaching him a little bit!!!

Anyway apologies if I came across badly, it was my cup final, I'd stayed p till 8am and was just abit too passionate about it all.

My apologies again and I hope it doesn't stop you from wanted to read future threads here.

Have a good evening.

Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »

Hey domalson

Understand exactly where you are coming from. I do thi k it was more me posting 3-4 times and then having to repeat what I said as different people disagreed rather than a constant barrage of abuse from me.

I felt that he showed a little bit of a lack of class in his preparation, followed up by his comments to the rail "I just don't care anymore" and then his twitter abuse, I think he would have been a very unpopular winner.

I went into this hoping he'd win. One of my closest friends is his best friend so was pumped for him. He'd even been coaching him a little bit!!!

Anyway apologies if I came across badly, it was my cup final, I'd stayed p till 8am and was just abit too passionate about it all.

My apologies again and I hope it doesn't stop you from wanted to read future threads here.

Have a good evening.

Thanks. 
Pretty sure there is no need for the apologies,
But Accepted anyways. 
It was only an opinion. 
Have a good evening too.   

Domaison

BetBetbet......
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2013, 04:14:42 AM »

As usual Dave you are quite correct.
BUT
The comment wasn't meant to be rude, just an opinion after spending a hour reading the whole thread.
Found the comments made by Plano pretty pathetic and annoying imo.
I see no valid reason for anyone to spend such a long time berating players for there play ever.
Given that it was the wsop final table & playing for insane amounts of cash that is my opinion on the comments. 
I think a bit of time away from poker may do him the world of good. Real life ftw.
Sorry if you felt I was being harsh on him. 
Wouldn't do for us all to be the same. 

Yeh fair enough good points, the only one I disagree with is saying you see no need for him to spend so long berating players, it's his time and he was passionate about it - I actually personally agree with your thoughts that pads was getting a bit carried away, but hey it's his right to get carried away should he wish to right?

Anyways as you say would be very boring if we all acted/thought the same Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: