blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99392 times)
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »

Blinds: 100/200/25
Starting Stack: 19,500
BTN With  
UTG+2 Limps, HJ Limps, CO Limps, BTN Raise to 950
Blinds Fold, Fold, Fold, CO Calls

Pot: 2,850
Board  

CO Checks, BTN Bets 1,800, CO Calls

Pot: 6,450
Board   ( )

CO Checks, BTN Bets 4,200, CO Calls

Pot: 14,850
Board   ( )

CO Checks, BTN Bets 8,000, CO Calls

CO Shows   wins an 8 High Flush
BTN Shows   loses with 3 of a Kind - Tens

WP. I play exactly the same, didnt bother reading the big paragraph under it, but if you're trying to find ways of getting away/losing less in the hand then you're thinking into it way too much. IMO not betting any of the streets or even betting less at any point would be losing value in the long term.

In this comp you're going to get stationed down here by worse hand A LOT. Very few hands you lose to (64hh just shouldn't be a part of his range you should even consider tbh, don't know how he ever has that). You've flopped the joint... bet big big big, it's the way forward esp vs a villain who's already overlimped and peeled OOP.

This defiantly made me smile :-) Thanks :-D

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2014, 12:10:41 AM »

I agree with wotrthwchances. Assuming he's not on some level, I think the hand is fine.

I also think there are too many people that want to ridicule Peter, and dissect any hand he plays, then disguise it as trying to help.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:13:15 AM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2014, 12:13:46 AM »

I agree with wotrthwchances. Assuming he's not on some level, I think the hand is fine.

I also think there are too many people that want to ridicule Peter, and dissect any hand he plays, then disguise it as trying to help.

<3

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2014, 12:22:42 AM »

Dont think anyone is trying to ridicule Peter. we have spoken a number of times at DTD and elsewhere and he knows everyone is trying to be constructive. Having come from a background largely based around high level sport, will always offer constructive criticism. Not much point in posting if you expect us to all say well played, unlucky. Often need many people to offer as detailed help as possible, otherwise there really is no point in posting them. In this spot, he has asked for advice, and most people will go into more detail as its fine margins that can mean all the difference.
A10hh? i agree as played he shouldnt have, how about K10 or Q10? DOnt see how these hands are any less likely than 64hh i think. Be interested what the better players thoughts will be, and i hope any advice they offer isnt interpreted as ridicule, as that would be totally wrong.
If peter thinks that people are ridiculing him, then fair enough, ill guess there wont be many posters before long.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:26 AM »

Dont think anyone is trying to ridicule Peter. we have spoken a number of times at DTD and elsewhere and he knows everyone is trying to be constructive. Having come from a background largely based around high level sport, will always offer constructive criticism. Not much point in posting if you expect us to all say well played, unlucky. Often need many people to offer as detailed help as possible, otherwise there really is no point in posting them. In this spot, he has asked for advice, and most people will go into more detail as its fine margins that can mean all the difference.
A10hh? i agree as played he shouldnt have, how about K10 or Q10? DOnt see how these hands are any less likely than 64hh i think. Be interested what the better players thoughts will be, and i hope any advice they offer isnt interpreted as ridicule, as that would be totally wrong.
If peter thinks that people are ridiculing him, then fair enough, ill guess there wont be many posters before long.

Ha, you answered the bit I edited out Smiley I removed the a10 bit as I didn't see you put other heart combo's too, but you're right, I suppose there are other tens, but if we are including k10 and q10, we could include 109 and 107? Then the non heart 8 combo's? 99? JJ even.

My post wasn't intended specifically for you, it was intended for the people asking for the hand to be posted, then when it was, tommy posted, then edited, which is fair enough, but jgill was more interested in what tommy said, rather than commenting on the hand that HE had asked to be put up. It's not just him, there is a theme running through the whole diary. And it isn't very nice to read.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »

Ha, you answered the bit I edited out Smiley I removed the a10 bit as I didn't see you put other heart combo's too, but you're right, I suppose there are other tens, but if we are including k10 and q10, we could include 109 and 107? Then the non heart 8 combo's? 99? JJ even.

My post wasn't intended specifically for you, it was intended for the people asking for the hand to be posted, then when it was, tommy posted, then edited, which is fair enough, but jgill was more interested in what tommy said, rather than commenting on the hand that HE had asked to be put up. It's not just him, there is a theme running through the whole diary. And it isn't very nice to read.

Most people who post, and there seem to be alot post on this diary who are keen to see Peter improve! All the diaries have banter in them, but think its harsh to suggest some people are taking the piss, when i dont see that being the case.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2014, 12:48:05 AM »

Most people who post, and there seem to be alot post on this diary who are keen to see Peter improve! All the diaries have banter in them, but think its harsh to suggest some people are taking the piss, when i dont see that being the case.

Well, we see it differently then.

Peter is an eccentric, and a bit of a dreamer. he's had some solid advice in this diary, but he's also had some piss taking. I've laughed at some of the stuff he's put in here, I've even discussed it off forum with people as being funny, I'll happily admit that, but there is definitely a bit of 'post more, so we can ridicule' going on. IMO.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2014, 12:49:50 AM »

Peter is an eccentric, and a bit of a dreamer. he's had some solid advice in this diary, but he's also had some piss taking. I've laughed at some of the stuff he's put in here, I've even discussed it off forum with people as being funny, I'll happily admit that, but there is definitely a bit of 'post more, so we can ridicule' going on. IMO.

Agree to disagree!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2014, 12:50:59 AM »

Agree to disagree!

Agreed Wink

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12:16 AM »

I'm going to put up a post either in the next few hours or day/two regarding everything to do with me/the blog/alot...Make no mistake im likely to offend alot of people but i'll write how i feel as i feel it. There's alot i need off my chest regarding all of this...and it might show just what kind of a character i am behind all of the bravado and dreams

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:36 AM »

FYI I snap told him my preferred line in pm, so didn't feel like posting it in here as I didn't really want to repeat myself to him.

I'm probably the last person itt waiting to dissect him. Always offered Peter help on both a poker and personal level, with him returning the favour.

Obv don't want others thinking I'm getting way ool here, was just interested in opinions being posted

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »

Prett you're rivers going to be abut thin. At I dig the size but jt I think littttle smaller. I read hh initially and read that you had jacks and definitely wanted to check, there's not really any difference in hstrength between them.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:32 PM »

What was the busto hand, if you don't mind me asking?
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »

Oh the busto hand? JJ into A10 for about 11 bigs, shoved from middle position, ace on the turn...standard really

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: