blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 80966 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »

Seems like a diary post is in order.

Last couple of weeks has seen a return to the online poker world. Been playing most night, a fairly regular schedule and results/ my game seem to be improving. Had some consistent cashes, most notably cashing the WCOOP sunday million for $744 and a 10th in the bigger 55 on sunday for $1.7k. A little disappointing not to FT and go bigger, but ran pretty good 100 players down, but lost 44 > KK for a chunk, which was a shame. Still, a reasonable return for Messrs Doobs and Steve Swift who invested, so cant be too bad Smiley

Also ordered a new laptop, FINALLY! Really looking forward to getting a HUD installed and grinding a bit more. Feel like it will be a good step into making some more dollar.

Grinding again tonight, starting in the next 10mins or so, be nice for a score tonight, need to claim Gillys goat of him!

Another pic of Great Langdale, for those of us who like pretty pictures..

Click to see full-size image.

Good luck to the heroes in the GPS and will be back at DTD soon!!

P.S. If anyone could do bank xfer for some stars $$ id be very grateful!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »

So playing probably my biggest sunday schedule ever today...

Have got my head around the HUD too which is good, so looking forward to it. Will do updates on the thread from last week.

PS Good luck to that hero Tomsom today in the GPS, 8th to beat mate! Wink

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »

Unlucky kid, appears you've been found out. Gl not getting bummed in a german prison!

http://www.thelocal.de/20121219/46863

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2015, 04:46:05 PM »

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »

has vern won anything recently? No didnt think so.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

haha ok ok, ill write something up this week!

DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »

can't have? surely we'd have heard about it by now? ten thousand times?

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

can't have? surely we'd have heard about it by now? one hundred and twenty thousand times?

fyp
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2015, 03:53:07 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Ash1591

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »

Vernonfish when you gonna update this blog?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2015, 09:29:31 AM »

It didn't do Deadman any harm.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »

Helllooo blonde!

So after what seems like an age, and a few requests, it feels appropriate to take 15 minutes off from my climate and society essay and post an update. A lot has happened ssince I last posted and its been a fairly surreal few months in all fairness.

Poker

Well, things escalated quickly! Having sold for a joint package with Rexas for the sky mini, we managed to grind away and come 20th, winning a seat for the main event. Bullet one didnt go well, busting half way through the day, after Tom Hall opens CO, we 3 bet JJ of 23bbs from sb, and he rips A10. we didnt win. However, won a second seat the night before in the mega sat, where we had chunks early, but scraped through with 1.5bb, after a lot of folding! Made day 2 with 200k. A decent table draw for day 2, meant we continued to chip up nicely, and made it through the bubble comfortably. Had a slight battle with one guy next to me, played a few pots throughout the day, so when we picked up  , opened and he 3 bet, we fairly happily 4 bet ripped. Up against KK we found the flush on the turn to win a big pot, before moving table and making day 3 with around 25bbs.
Chipped up a little on day 3, standard fluctuation of a chip stack really, until 5 handed (H4H for the FT), we find 10 10 on our button, and tom hall 3 bets us out of his BB, we jam, and get looked up by Kings. find the 6 7 9 flop, and get the 10 on the turn to double up.
8 left.... lost a big pot bvb so where down to 10bbs. Skalie opens, fun4fraser flats cut off, and we jam 8 8 from the button. Hating life when Skalie re jams and fraser snaps him off. up against K J (skalie) and KK of fraser.  RIvered the  , for an incredible bit of luck, and sent the rail fairly crazy. Big shock, to go from being out to 2nd in chips in one card, was very surreal. Amazing how it all can come down to luck of the cards.
We get heads up with fun4fraser, who with a 4/1 chip lead, bossed it, leaving me little room for play and employed a limp jam approach. Gt in A4 v QQ and didnt win.

Havent played loads since then, dissertations and easter meant tournaments took the back seat. Couple of bad cash sessions wasnt what the doctor ordered though!
Finished 8 of the money in the UKIPT which was a shame, and bricked GUKPT Edinburgh main, but 2nd in the omaha side for £1.3k covered the trip nicely, including the dinner flips with Eso, and buying the cab driver a large donner kebab!

Real Life

Going good! The dissertation was handed in before easter. Been really struggling with uni since xmas, having regrets over the course i chose and its been a real grind. Guess the course hasnt quite been what i expected, and although the uni lifestyle is alright, i struggle with not having a set routine a lot of the time. Am one of those people who works and functions better on a routine and finishing uni and getting back into one is something im looking forward to. Current plan is to maybe venture into the world of teaching, similar to Poshboy, as I very much enjoyed my school days (public school, sorry Tikay!!!) and feel I would embrace a teaching career well.
Have also aquired a girlfriend, been seeing each other since november. She is most certainly way too good for me, so im just putting it down to some extended run good, dodgy eye sight and terrible taste on her part!

Vegas Baby!

Had 6 days in Vegas over easter. HAs been booked since the back end of last summer as a family trip. This year is my parents 25th wedding anniversay and they spent the best part of a month of and around the USA and Cancun. My brother and I flew out to surprise my mum and it was great, few tears on her part too. Safe to say my dad got a slap for keep it all hush!
Vegas, what a place! We had a lot of stuff crammed into 6 days, skydiving, cirque du soleil, penn and teller, grand canyon helicopter tour, elton john, and some other things.
Over the next week, will try upload some pics. Also looking at booking 10 days for the world series over there, end of june- start of july, and playing 4 or 5 events, including the $1,111 one for one drop. Hopefully heading out there with Tomsom, the old man and a couple other heros, as well as hopefully having some beers with the english contingent whilst out there. Hopefully promises to be a good summer if we can book that up.

Cricket season has started, and looking forward to getting back out there, aswell as the golf course, and spending some time with my mates back home
Seems a very long update, will try and post more regularly now the bulk of uni work is over, and maybe even turn it into a Vegas diary in june!

Verndog x

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2015, 10:56:32 PM »

Didn't know you were tanking Vegas. Hit me up and if I don't go for the long haul ill tag along to ruin tomsoms time!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:58 AM »

Didn't know you were tanking Vegas. Hit me up and if I don't go for the long haul ill tag along to ruin tomsoms time!

sweet sounds good. messaged you on skype.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »

Thanks for the mention mate.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: