blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Hachem has it right, doesn't he?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hachem has it right, doesn't he?  (Read 17647 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »

Rasta is great to share a table with as long as you take his banter with the spirit it is intended and give him some back.

some of the guys with hevad were loving his antics too, like you say it just all depends on how people take it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »

/thread

I would honestly tell him to stfu and stop behaving like a cock, I don't think I could help myself 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »

Simon Nowab was great company at the table.

Anyone know what he's up to now?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hachem

Interesting read.
Average Joe, boy done good. 
11.7 million life winnings. mbn

People forget that whilst hachem is classed as a Pro, he wasn't when he won
& is really semi Pro now.

Decent guy that's represented your average poker player pretty well & someone who
who's words of advice on poker won't be the worst we could take on board imo.

Domaison

BetBetbet......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hachem

Interesting read.
Average Joe, boy done good. 
11.7 million life winnings. mbn

People forget that whilst hachem is classed as a Pro, he wasn't when he won
& is really semi Pro now.

Decent guy that's represented your average poker player pretty well & someone who
who's words of advice on poker won't be the worst we could take on board imo.

He was a reg at mid/high stakes cash before the 2005 main event, so not quite your average poker player.

A lot of what Hachem says makes sense, but it's a shame he can't practice what he preaches, and is well known for behaving like a spoilt child at the tables.

Think that he could do a lot worse than take a few pointers on how to behave from the guy he beat HU!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

everyone should just be like danneman then poker would be fun!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:41:49 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »

I'd like to know how he comes to the conclusion that 'poker is dying'? Yeah numbers might be down in the 10k+ events but they were artificially inflated anyway by FTP and Stars splashing out on sponsorship. You just can't use attendances at huge buyin tournaments as a good indicator for the overall health of the game when these tournaments account for a minuscule amount of poker going on all over the world.

Small and mid stakes live tournaments are doing great and a quick look at pokerscout shows that 18 of the top 20 poker networks showed growth in players numbers in the past 6 months. iPoker was stagnant and FTP recorded a tiny decline.

I just don't really get why everyone on blonde seems to think that they sky is falling just because there isn't enough liquidity in Nottingham to withstand a whole bunch of good regs and hefty rake compared to the same size online games.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »

I'd like to know how he comes to the conclusion that 'poker is dying'? Yeah numbers might be down in the 10k+ events but they were artificially inflated anyway by FTP and Stars splashing out on sponsorship. You just can't use attendances at huge buyin tournaments as a good indicator for the overall health of the game when these tournaments account for a minuscule amount of poker going on all over the world.

Small and mid stakes live tournaments are doing great and a quick look at pokerscout shows that 18 of the top 20 poker networks showed growth in players numbers in the past 6 months. iPoker was stagnant and FTP recorded a tiny decline.

I just don't really get why everyone on blonde seems to think that they sky is falling just because there isn't enough liquidity in Nottingham to withstand a whole bunch of good regs and hefty rake compared to the same size online games.

excellent post.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »

All online poker sites are going to be busier in Jan/Feb than in Jul/Aug.
kano

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2014, 12:42:23 AM »

excellent post.

+1
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:12 AM »

Hi Dan,

We must differentiate between Live & Online. The Online market is much much bigger, by a huge multiple, than B & M poker.

There is no real way of measuring B & M poker traffic, but I suspect it might be in the ascendancy. Great news, imo. But if it only reps, say, 5% of the total market, it needs to be seen in that context. 

Online Poker traffic has declined for the last few years. This is a fact, not an opinion.

You have to compare year on year, not 6 month periods, online Poker is extremely seasonal, as Andrew T alluded to.

From December to March every year, in this part of the world, it is at its very peak. In July/August, it is at its very lowest.

If iPoker & FTP showed a decline, or were stagnant, in January compared to July, then they have a very serious problem indeed. All sites (generally) have MUCH higher traffic in January compared to July.

My comments only apply to Online poker, really, as I don't know how good or bad B & M traffic is, or even how it can be measured. In the greater scheme of things, it is far less relevant than Online though.

Everyone seems to be in denial. I'm as keen as the next man to see poker thrive, more so than most, perhaps, I'm passionate about it, & I work in the Industry. Whether people like it or not, Online poker is not growing, & is seeing a global decline. I think it's important that we all recognize this.

If we pull together, I think we can turn it round though, & I hope we can.       

Debating whether or not Hachem is an oaf, or a jolly good chap, won't help us solve the problem though, we need to get constructive. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:50:26 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »

That's because 6 months ago it was summer.

edit: sorry didn't notice a couple of wiser heads had made this point already
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:41:50 AM by AlunB » Logged
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »

Overall, the worldwide market is down 13% from this time last year as the peak season is failing to keep pace with last winter.

http://www.pokerscout.com/news/weekly-traffic-update.aspx?year=2014&week=7

Online poker is not in great shape. It's running to a standstill in a lot of cases.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2014, 02:14:12 AM »

from my perspective 2 years I was a significantly worse playing making significantly more money online, the kind of winrate 2012 lildave thought was achievable 2014 lildave can only dream of. Reasons are i) players are better, ii) traffic is worse so more players play on more sites so the increased number of good players are in more places and ofc stnd iii) there is less loose money online for several reasons.

in terms of live poker I have played once in 3 months, where I used to play 3 times a week, reasons being there isn't a suitable game within a 1hr drive and the games that are 60-90mins away are limited seats/times, so if I want to walk into a live game I go to Europe, Vegas/L.A or London.

I agree poker isn't and certainly will never die but it's struggling right now and I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2014, 07:00:23 AM »

Overall, the worldwide market is down 13% from this time last year as the peak season is failing to keep pace with last winter.

http://www.pokerscout.com/news/weekly-traffic-update.aspx?year=2014&week=7

Online poker is not in great shape. It's running to a standstill in a lot of cases.

The point I've been trying, repeatedly, to make, whilst all the finger-pointing continued.

It declined the previous year, too, though the decline accelerated last year. In y-o-y terms, 13% is an absolutely massive number.

That rate of decline, if sustained, would soon mean the market as a whole would undergo huge changes, & Online Poker as we know it will change forever.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: