blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158715 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »

I'd imagine 80% of the people who moan about the bits we don't get to see such as the no doubt epic Blackfish fight to the death against multiple assailants don't even pay to watch the show. Maybe if it got more than 10 million viewers they could turn every episode in to the Lord of the Rings smashing masterpiece that the fans desire.

Tis a good point, each episode costs $6 million to make and while they must be making a fortune in general terms, they probably could have an epic battle every week if it weren't for piracy. And yep, the folks who moan the most are usually the ones who don't pay (as anyone who has worked in poker on setting up a freeroll will confirm).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »

But we know how Arya got the better of the Waif - she put out the candle and fought in the dark, which she'd become expert at when fighting the Waif when she was blind.

That's what I was thinking.

What more do people expect? Seems like everybody wants epic battle scenes and CGI dragons flying around every episode but they have to realise this is a TV program not a film and it doesn't generate the revenue for that.

I'd imagine 80% of the people who moan about the bits we don't get to see such as the no doubt epic Blackfish fight to the death against multiple assailants don't even pay to watch the show. Maybe if it got more than 10 million viewers they could turn every episode in to the Lord of the Rings smashing masterpiece that the fans desire.

I assumed that the Waif had also becoming proficient in fighting blind as part of her training though maybe that was wrong.

It would have been quite cool actually just to have the fight in the complete darkness on screen, just hearing sound effects. Fwiw I pay for Sky Atlantic and watch on there but take your point.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 16, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

If theyre both in the dark Id assume the Waif would be slightly more skilled but Arya has Needle and enough skill to land with it.

Theres also a theory that the Waif doesnt really exist and is actually just a projection of the other side of Arya, the side that wanted to become a girl with no name and metaphorically tried to kill the Arya from Winterfell that we all know.  Arya killing her wasnt as much to do with who is the better fighter in the dark but more to do with her decision to be Arya from Winterfell and to go home.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 16, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »

Wait, Arya had a sword and Waif had what looked like a butter knife. In the dark and before her opponent gets within 3ft she would be sticking that blade in her eye. This knife fight is a coin flip at worse for Arya and thought the candle scene was pretty cute in illustrating that. The girl has no name my name is Arya Stark was cool, the terminator running was lol and the hound going beserko with an axe was brilliant. Great episode, love game of thrones, just can't come to terms with Theon losing his nuts, very unsettling. Personally I don't pay because it's freely available on-line. Cheers.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:07 PM »

Back to the subject of people dying without us actually seeing it what about Arya's original sword fighting teacher Fario? I thought from very early on that he may be Jaqen H'Ghar and now I'm even more convinced.

He's been watching out for her since Fario supposedly died. When Arya first met Jagen he was locked in a cage. How did anyone manage to get him in there? He's a stone cold ninja killer? Could it be that Fario was the one who got locked up rather than killed and just did a sneaky face change?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 16, 2016, 08:13:23 PM »

I don't know who any of these people are.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 16, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »

I don't know who any of these people are.

Glad is not just me!  I don't know how you remember all this stuff

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 16, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »

Don't know who they are? That is a lack of commitment. Here, lose yourself in here...

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2016, 11:34:01 PM »

Back to the subject of people dying without us actually seeing it what about Arya's original sword fighting teacher Fario? I thought from very early on that he may be Jaqen H'Ghar and now I'm even more convinced.

He's been watching out for her since Fario supposedly died. When Arya first met Jagen he was locked in a cage. How did anyone manage to get him in there? He's a stone cold ninja killer? Could it be that Fario was the one who got locked up rather than killed and just did a sneaky face change?

You mean Syrio? Smiley

I've always thought J'aqen being a prisoner was odd. Even in the books.

Blue text
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 17, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »

You mean Syrio? Smiley

I've always thought J'aqen being a prisoner was odd. Even in the books.

Oops. Should've checked that on Google first shouldn't I. No wonder nobody remembered the names Cheesy

But yeah the whole prisoner thing makes no sense at all. He was there for a reason and that can only be to make sure he met Arya.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 20, 2016, 04:03:31 AM »

Well that episode wasn't too shabby!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 20, 2016, 04:11:36 AM »

Wow

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 20, 2016, 04:28:00 AM »

Just getting it for the flight  Grin

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 20, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »

Sick episode.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score