blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package  (Read 40766 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »

Oh yeah, and don't cry when you get a beat..parp

sola virtus nobilitat
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »

Busto in the most awful spot. Ska lie raises utg button flats some ginger nerd Jackson stakes flats cove flats I shove 35 bigs with kk skalie folds kid snaps with aq for virtually his life with cove still to act behind and rivers an ace. I need to find a more skilful hobby to waste a weeks time with I think and all your money. Monster Chip leader with 15 left if we hold. I actually can't tell you how disillusioned I am with this so called skill game over the past few months and this just pretty much sums it up.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=173501

This is the hero in question.  Given this would easily have been his biggest cash of his life just to min cash it makes the snap call  for virtually his stack all the more baffling.  Maybe he was keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.

'close to the money by clueless mugs like this kid it would start getting to you as well in a game that's sold to everyone as a skill game'

this the last quote sums it up really. but apparently that isnt slagging him off. so youre honestly saying, if the guy who youve been talking about with Tikay had called off with AQ and felted you, you wouldnt have said the same? think we know the answer to that

Why, in a country of free speech, am i not allowed to say if i think someone has made an awful call and call them a clueless mug if that is my opinion?  Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me i can't call someone a mug if i think they are a mug?  I wasn't aware you are the police on such matters and i didn't realise calling someone a clueless mug is such a terrible offense. Most people get called worse most weeks of their life. I stand by all my comments i have made.  I think his call was shocking given all of the circumstances in question.  End of story.

hmm i agree you can call someone whatever you like, i call rexas worse most hours of every day. my point is you come on a forum and be rude and insulting to some guy you dont know and rip him apart for doing pretty much a standard thing. its standard, your annoyed and tilted that you got rivered thats it really, and thats normal but to do what you did was out of line in my opinion.
you got rivered?....

Like i said earlier in my staking thread i don't tend to give a fuck what other people think about my opinions as i make a living out of my opinions being right more than they are wrong.  The kid himself i have been reliably informed posted a similar rant to myself on his FB page after his AQ got busted by 39off to go out in 4th so i am sure he can handle my little rant given he seems to like a rant himself via social media.  If he wants to become a full time professional gambler he will have to get used to listening to a lot worse insults than anything i have fired at him in the last 2 days. 

Woah, hang on just a second. Are you saying it's ok to have a go at him because he does it himself? What kind of example is that? And I think it's a massive shame that any gambler should have to take that sort of abuse, and I certainly don't want to be a part of that problem (and it is a problem) myself. You are an upstanding member of the community, and everything you do reflects on that community (whether you want it to or not). You have a responsibility to behave, at least on public forums (nothing wrong with a bit of a rant to a couple of mates). If he wants to become a professional gambler, he needs to be shown by people like you who are already in that position that berating people who beat you is not OK. I don't even want to know how you know about a rant on his facebook page.

This thread certainly comes to mind here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63411.0
Surely hendon mob is just the live equivalent of shark scope?

My posts here are by no means an attack on you as a person or anything like that, but a response to something which I feel is drastically wrong with the attitudes expressed by some of the more prominent members of the poker playing community. I would be pretty embarrassed if the guy tikay introduced you to came across this thread and saw the way you treat fellow players. I was part of the problem until pretty recently when I started to see how my actions were affecting my reputation and, more importantly, the enjoyment of other players. Now, I'm constantly embarrassed when I see something like this because it was me not that long ago.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »

I wasn't going to comment ITT because it seems to me only people who have a staking interest should really have any say in all this. However, it's now doing my nut in.

I'm sure there's a reason this thread is still going. I just don't know what it is.

Staking thread is done, tournaments over, finances sorted, post mortem concluded. Seems about it.

Hands up if you think you can change arbboy's mind...

Put your hands down.

He's made his position absolutely clear. You don't have to agree with it and he doesn't have to agree with you.

I've played with Rich for a few years in Midland comps of various levels. I've always found him good company, but don't know him personally, beyond the time spent at the tables. In arbboy's position in that hand, I would have played the hand the same way. Rich is ballsy enough to call and astute enough to know you should have bluffs in your range, for exactly the reason discussed already. Shoving with premium hands is a really effective strategy in this spot against this player. Nicely played. Obviously, it didn't work out, but you understand MTT variance and all the stuff about having beaten the odds to have got into that position in the tourney, etc. It's just blooming horrible when it happens in that particular spot, especially after a long week and on the verge of giving the people who'd pledged financial support a serious return on their investment.

My opinion on the rest of this stuff is of no concern to anyone, won't change anyone's mind, won't achieve anything and is staying with me. On this particular thread, I'd encourage others to have a similar think.

Tal out.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:17:38 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »

I wasn't going to comment ITT because it seems to me only people who have a staking interest should really have any say in all this. However, it's now doing my nut in.

I'm sure there's a reason this thread is still going. I just don't know what it is.

Staking thread is done, tournaments over, finances sorted, post mortem concluded. Seems about it.

Put your hands down.

He's made his position absolutely clear. You don't have to agree with it and he doesn't have to agree with you.

I've played with Rich for a few years in Midland comps of various levels. I've always found him good company, but don't know him personally, beyond the time spent at the tables. In arbboy's position in that hand, I would have played the hand the same way. Rich is ballsy enough to call and astute enough to know you should have bluffs in your range, for exactly the reason discussed already. Shoving with premium hands is a really effective strategy in this spot against this player. Nicely played. Obviously, it didn't work out, but you understand MTT variance and all the stuff about having beaten the odds to have got into that position in the company, etc. It's just blooming horrible when it happens in that particular spot, especially after a long week and on the verge of giving the people who'd pledged financial support a serious return on their investment.

My opinion on the rest of this stuff is of no concern to anyone, won't change anyone's mind, won't achieve anything and is staying with me. On this particular thread, I'd encourage others to have a similar think.

Tal out.

Why do you always pop up with some drivel like this at every thread that has some disagreement or argueboy behaviour - some of us enjoy arguing. You give your opinion on just about everything and then want to arbitrate when others should and shouldn't - I mean, really, why do you do it ?

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2014, 07:21:05 PM »

Busto in the most awful spot. Ska lie raises utg button flats some ginger nerd Jackson stakes flats cove flats I shove 35 bigs with kk skalie folds kid snaps with aq for virtually his life with cove still to act behind and rivers an ace. I need to find a more skilful hobby to waste a weeks time with I think and all your money. Monster Chip leader with 15 left if we hold. I actually can't tell you how disillusioned I am with this so called skill game over the past few months and this just pretty much sums it up.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=173501

This is the hero in question.  Given this would easily have been his biggest cash of his life just to min cash it makes the snap call  for virtually his stack all the more baffling.  Maybe he was keen to show his boss what a hero/run good luck box he is.

'close to the money by clueless mugs like this kid it would start getting to you as well in a game that's sold to everyone as a skill game'

this the last quote sums it up really. but apparently that isnt slagging him off. so youre honestly saying, if the guy who youve been talking about with Tikay had called off with AQ and felted you, you wouldnt have said the same? think we know the answer to that

Why, in a country of free speech, am i not allowed to say if i think someone has made an awful call and call them a clueless mug if that is my opinion?  Who the fuck do you think you are to tell me i can't call someone a mug if i think they are a mug?  I wasn't aware you are the police on such matters and i didn't realise calling someone a clueless mug is such a terrible offense. Most people get called worse most weeks of their life. I stand by all my comments i have made.  I think his call was shocking given all of the circumstances in question.  End of story.

hmm i agree you can call someone whatever you like, i call rexas worse most hours of every day. my point is you come on a forum and be rude and insulting to some guy you dont know and rip him apart for doing pretty much a standard thing. its standard, your annoyed and tilted that you got rivered thats it really, and thats normal but to do what you did was out of line in my opinion.
you got rivered?....

Like i said earlier in my staking thread i don't tend to give a fuck what other people think about my opinions as i make a living out of my opinions being right more than they are wrong.  The kid himself i have been reliably informed posted a similar rant to myself on his FB page after his AQ got busted by 39off to go out in 4th so i am sure he can handle my little rant given he seems to like a rant himself via social media.  If he wants to become a full time professional gambler he will have to get used to listening to a lot worse insults than anything i have fired at him in the last 2 days. 

Woah, hang on just a second. Are you saying it's ok to have a go at him because he does it himself? What kind of example is that? And I think it's a massive shame that any gambler should have to take that sort of abuse, and I certainly don't want to be a part of that problem (and it is a problem) myself. You are an upstanding member of the community, and everything you do reflects on that community (whether you want it to or not). You have a responsibility to behave, at least on public forums (nothing wrong with a bit of a rant to a couple of mates). If he wants to become a professional gambler, he needs to be shown by people like you who are already in that position that berating people who beat you is not OK. I don't even want to know how you know about a rant on his facebook page.

This thread certainly comes to mind here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63411.0
Surely hendon mob is just the live equivalent of shark scope?

My posts here are by no means an attack on you as a person or anything like that, but a response to something which I feel is drastically wrong with the attitudes expressed by some of the more prominent members of the poker playing community. I would be pretty embarrassed if the guy tikay introduced you to came across this thread and saw the way you treat fellow players. I was part of the problem until pretty recently when I started to see how my actions were affecting my reputation and, more importantly, the enjoyment of other players. Now, I'm constantly embarrassed when I see something like this because it was me not that long ago.

A blonde mod PM'd me with the information if you really want to know.  I do not operate on any social media so i would never have found it myself.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2014, 07:36:13 PM »

Put your hands down.

I've played with Rich for a few years in Midland comps of various levels. I've always found him good company, but don't know him personally, beyond the time spent at the tables. In arbboy's position in that hand, I would have played the hand the same way. Rich is ballsy enough to call and astute enough to know you should have bluffs in your range, for exactly the reason discussed already. Shoving with premium hands is a really effective strategy in this spot against this player. Nicely played. Obviously, it didn't work out, but you understand MTT variance and all the stuff about having beaten the odds to have got into that position in the company, etc. It's just blooming horrible when it happens in that particular spot, especially after a long week and on the verge of giving the people who'd pledged financial support a serious return on their investment.

Tal out.

Why do you always pop up with some drivel like this at every thread that has some disagreement or argueboy behaviour - some of us enjoy arguing. You give your opinion on just about everything and then want to arbitrate when others should and shouldn't - I mean, really, why do you do it ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »

Sick staking thread bump from arbboy, wpsir Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »

Arbboy in "speaking his mind" shocker 

Blonde needs this I'm afraid to tell you all Smiley

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:15 PM »

5 fig makeup totes standard teeks!

I've ran well to have never been in too much given what I play. But better players who play lower stakes have got in more than that and out again multiple times over!

Well yes, I suppose so, but my point was not that, it was the fear of getting out of make up that had me scratching my head in the specific cases I alluded to.

Even so, try explaiing 5 figure make-up to a non poker player, or a random in Tesco, & you'll get some funny looks.

Why would anyone fear getting out of make up?

Fear of being "dropped" by their backer, apparently, as Dubai explained 2 pages back.....

"....Will explain why a horse is worth more to a backer when he has higher makeup than none tho- it's the opposite of the real world, worse you are doing the more value you have to the "company (backer)" and more demands you can make

Reason is- when a player has 0 makeup and is on a long term 50/50 deal- the first tournament he plays it's the equivalent of the backer paying 2.0 for shares in that tournament. However if a player has 100k makeup and first prize is 100k, then it's the equivalent of the backer buying shares at spot aka 1.0 in they tournament. Therefore theoretically the higher the players makeup in relation to the tournament prize pool, the better the investment appears as a one off for the backer

Which is why people get let go when they clear makeup, as it's the point they are worth the least to their backer...."

No good asking me to explain, it's all a bit over my heads, but Dubai, who may have a smidge of experience in these things, will explain properly, I'm quite sure.

I get that part but whilst they are so heavily in make up and they never clear it, then they never earn anything and all they do is service the debt for no reward.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »

Yo, we've all got opinions. For eg I think jamming KK and wetting your pants you don't get a call by a hand you dominate is pretty muggish. All this I'm happy to take the piddle in the middle without any confrontation lark is pretty yellow.

By comparison calling the UTG open with AQ & a set plan to snap any fecker who tries to squeeze shows a good deal more heart.

BTW when are people gonna realise nirvana is the most enlightened poster on this forum!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

Yo, we've all got opinions. For eg I think jamming KK and wetting your pants you don't get a call by a hand you dominate is pretty muggish. All this I'm happy to take the piddle in the middle without any confrontation lark is pretty yellow.

By comparison calling the UTG open with AQ & a set plan to snap any fecker who tries to squeeze shows a good deal more heart.

BTW when are people gonna realise nirvana is the most enlightened poster on this forum!

Defo agree with this. Jammin KK in the hope you don't get called by worse jus seems mental and not like the thoughts of someone who is serious about making money from the game. If your so certain ur shove gets thru such a high percentage of the time  why wait for kk to Shove with.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2014, 12:20:12 AM »

You guys are funny.  I have never at any stage said i didn't want a call holding KK.  All i have stated is that his call is awful given the situation/chip stacks/icm situation for him, not for me.  I think you have to remember this is a hyper turbo.  12 paid 16 left in.  I have just joined the table 2 hands ago from a table change and the hero in question has never played against me before ever and knows zero about my game/image etc (therefore i would imagine you would take the line with no previous history that in this spot i pretty much always have to have it unless you have solid reason to think otherwise).  Average chips are 25 bigs.  Everyone involved in this 4 way pot pre has over 35 bigs and i am the shortest of all 4 players with 35 bigs involved in the pot.  The utg raiser and the SB are both reasonably tight players and both in their mid 40s.

There are several sub 12 big blind stacks on the other tables obviously given the weight of chips on my table.  Therefore i am shoving into 3 players all of whom would busto me if they call and beat me 4 away from the money.  I can easily fold to make the money with my above average stack and then gamble.  Therefore in this situation i think its highly unlikely my hand is ever much weaker than 99-aa or aq-ak to shove 35 bigs.  I win 9.5 bigs if i get the shove through (add over 25% to my stack with no show down) and i am pretty indifferent when shoving kk whether i get called or not given the circumstances.  I would quite happily add 26% to my chip stack with no showdown given how shallow the event is playing.  Therefore if you put me on a range similar to this, which given the circumstances, you are pretty much always crushed or a 45% dog at absolute best calling with aq.  Given the dead money he is getting roughly 5/4 (45%) to call (the same price as the best case scenario he can realistically be in)  If he lost the pot he would be sub 12 bigs and really under pressure to cash.  If he folds he still has 45-50 bigs (double average).

If he wants to induce a bluff shove to trap me with aq so he can actually be winning when he calls with aq surely he should reraise the button to inflate the pot to give me a bigger risk/reward ratio to shove wider and believe he is at it on the button?  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:33:04 AM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »

I remember playing a very large pot in a cash game when i had AA96ds and got it in preflop for 225big blinds vs KK9c5c who said he put me on QQ**

That was quite annoying.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »

5 fig makeup totes standard teeks!

I've ran well to have never been in too much given what I play. But better players who play lower stakes have got in more than that and out again multiple times over!

Well yes, I suppose so, but my point was not that, it was the fear of getting out of make up that had me scratching my head in the specific cases I alluded to.

Even so, try explaiing 5 figure make-up to a non poker player, or a random in Tesco, & you'll get some funny looks.

Why would anyone fear getting out of make up?

Fear of being "dropped" by their backer, apparently, as Dubai explained 2 pages back.....

"....Will explain why a horse is worth more to a backer when he has higher makeup than none tho- it's the opposite of the real world, worse you are doing the more value you have to the "company (backer)" and more demands you can make

Reason is- when a player has 0 makeup and is on a long term 50/50 deal- the first tournament he plays it's the equivalent of the backer paying 2.0 for shares in that tournament. However if a player has 100k makeup and first prize is 100k, then it's the equivalent of the backer buying shares at spot aka 1.0 in they tournament. Therefore theoretically the higher the players makeup in relation to the tournament prize pool, the better the investment appears as a one off for the backer

Which is why people get let go when they clear makeup, as it's the point they are worth the least to their backer...."

No good asking me to explain, it's all a bit over my heads, but Dubai, who may have a smidge of experience in these things, will explain properly, I'm quite sure.

I get that part but whilst they are so heavily in make up and they never clear it, then they never earn anything and all they do is service the debt for no reward.

they take loans out on make up as far as I know and pay a mark up on it, so they might borrow £1000 and add £1500 to the make up
so they are playing on a wage basically

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »

"You guys are funny.  I have never at any stage said i didn't want a call holding KK"

"i would expect to get that shove through virtually every time and be quite happy to pick up over 35% of my stack without show down"

Together with the I didn't insult anybody stuff...

...and the I don't care what anybody thinks before answering everyone's opinion with a wall of text

That said this has been the most interesting thread in a while and arrboy you definitely add value to the forum so carry on being a blonde hero pls.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: