blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to being a pro
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to being a pro  (Read 140404 times)
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure most of them make 6 figures plus and the very best or the most well known make 7.

Que?  I was aware of a growing professionalism in gaming, but not this. 
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Look at pros like Phil Laak or Sammy Farha. Would anyone give a shit about these guys if they weren't on television at some point? I doubt they'd be known for their poker prowess.

both outstanding poker personalities. I think Sammy Farha is exactly the type of player who should be advertising poker.

KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »

Look at pros like Phil Laak or Sammy Farha. Would anyone give a shit about these guys if they weren't on television at some point? I doubt they'd be known for their poker prowess.

both outstanding poker personalities. I think Sammy Farha is exactly the type of player who should be advertising poker.

agreed but I doubt they're T300 players in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju_7_595mDE
probably the best thing I've ever watched which is poker related
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »

Just watching this now. I'd seen/heard of Seb86 but didnt realise until they said that the other guy was BiatchPeople. About 30 mins in and its good to watch if you can get past the French and having to watch it in subtitles.
h

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »

agreed but I doubt they're T300 players in the world.

thanks for posting

watched it and enjoyed it
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »

Just won my biggest pot online on a TV table so might be on the box later. Playing NL50 at the moment and not playing well or running well at the minute but still winning so can't complain. Uni finishes end of this week then gonna try and get 3k by the end of the year and take it from there. Don't think I want to do any more education for a while these last pieces of work have depressed me to shit.  Also lost my biggest pot online ever with QQ v AA where he over shoved the turn after cold 4betting it was probably close.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »

Just won my biggest pot online on a TV table so might be on the box later. Playing NL50 at the moment and not playing well or running well at the minute but still winning so can't complain. Uni finishes end of this week then gonna try and get 3k by the end of the year and take it from there. Don't think I want to do any more education for a while these last pieces of work have depressed me to shit.  Also lost my biggest pot online ever with QQ v AA where he over shoved the turn after cold 4betting it was probably close.

What Table was it on, & at what time did it happen?

I'm doing the Show tonight, so I may be able to persuade the Producer to show it - assuming the hand was "interesting", rather than just your biggest ever pot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2014, 05:34:34 PM »

Just won my biggest pot online on a TV table so might be on the box later. Playing NL50 at the moment and not playing well or running well at the minute but still winning so can't complain. Uni finishes end of this week then gonna try and get 3k by the end of the year and take it from there. Don't think I want to do any more education for a while these last pieces of work have depressed me to shit.  Also lost my biggest pot online ever with QQ v AA where he over shoved the turn after cold 4betting it was probably close.

What Table was it on, & at what time did it happen?

I'm doing the Show tonight, so I may be able to persuade the Producer to show it - assuming the hand was "interesting", rather than just your biggest ever pot.

Master Cash 9 400BB pot at 3:38 wasn't particularly strategically interesting to be honest with you but would be very grateful if you could slip him a fiver for me!
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2014, 12:43:58 AM »

First time I've felt like I'm getting outplayed for a while. The NL50 regs are definitely much better. jrvs and Ludacris seem much better than me, gonna have to start playing 5/6 hours and grinding a shit load of CREV. Need to sort out my defending 3bet range from the button for starters.

Probably gonna stop playing anyone heads up as well. Was getting smashed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:50:49 AM by KingPush » Logged
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »

ayyoo
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

4/5 buyin downswing had set over set then AQ<KK on AJxss. Also had to keep bet bet xf loads of rivers. Really don't feel like I'm playing well at nl50 yet.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2014, 05:41:24 AM »

Ayyyy chopped first in the 55 quid tourny at the g in luton for a bag and change. Will try and do a pleno style write up tomorrow
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2014, 05:59:56 PM »

Can't really remember much of it now. 3 key hands from the tourny win were qq when JJ shoved utg for about 10 bugs, I reshove 15 and guy on my left folds ak. Second was opening q4cc in the co and cbetting v the bb for half pot on 1075cc, turns an I bet he raises I shove and he has j9 and I have the chippy. On the final table I managed to have a chop pot v kqss with aa don't think I busted anyone and ended up 4 ha died with about a fifth of the chips in play and with one massive chip leader on the table to my right. Think I saw a showdown about twice in an hour and was playing about 40% of hands. The rwp shorties to my right were folding everything and I kept shoving over the big stacks limps so by the time it was 3 handed I was chip leader again. Had aa when the short stack who seemed to refuse to calk off shoved 3 bigs and then it was heads up. Guy only wanted to deal of he got a bag. Said I wanted to play for something for first and first Hans got crippled with 99 on j87jx when I raise x the flop and called turn and river. Doubled up with and then chopped it.

Played in the genting on Tuesday and played a ten hour cash session in the g last night all for a loss of 80 quid.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2014, 03:21:24 AM »

Been playing a shit load of live poker and even though I haven't been winning I've been enjoying it. One problem I have with it though is that I feel like it makes me worse at online. To be able to truly beat certain games and know you're beating certain games it seems to me you need to be playing them constantly about 40 hours a week. Here is the problem then, should I play 60 hours a week online and become a better player and have a better win rate after an initial period of b/e or small loss or play livefor a small gain right now. I'm probably enjoying live poker more right now but I enjoyed online a lot more before. Dunno if I'm gonna make any plan either way I'll probably just play whatever I want to at that moment but I'm interested to see how everyone else feels on this.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »

IMO if you really desire what the title of your diary is then I would say Online ainec

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: