blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111579 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

So obviously reading from an auto cue.

He doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the tool box does he?

Bit harsh Keith.  It is fairly clearly one of the toughest things he has had to do in his life and presumably he had some input into what was on the autocue.  I actually think he came across okay.

Feel like he should definitely have said something about the way some of his supporters had treated the victim.

Even if he still claims innocence, he's got to see that behaviour is unacceptable because it might discourage rape victims going to the police in the future.

If he genuinly is innocent though, he probably feels this girl who has wrongly accused him deserves as much pain and suffering as he has been put through. Accusing somebody of rape could ruin somebodies life every bit as much as being raped.

Not that i am saying that he is innocent though.

Agree with this.

Being raped, and the convicted rapist's family and friends abusing you online, outing you on twitter, and forcing you to move house, whilst the convicted rapist shows absolutely no remorse must ruin your life as well.

Nobody questioned that. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2014, 11:26:27 PM »

Whilst he's not responsible directly for his supporters actions he could have, and still could, have told them enough is enough. I can't believe that what's gone on is going to help any appeal so it's commonsense too.
And what in God's name have the McCanns got to do with anything? The things people write make my eyes bleed...

Well they have literally got away with murder. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »

Also think the FA should take the lead here, unfair to leave it to the various clubs.

Come out and state Ched Evans is banned unless he completely clears his name.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »

How have the McCanns got involved in this thread?  Cheesy 
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

Bit harsh Keith.  It is fairly clearly one of the toughest things he has had to do in his life and presumably he had some input into what was on the autocue.  I actually think he came across okay.

Feel like he should definitely have said something about the way some of his supporters had treated the victim.

Even if he still claims innocence, he's got to see that behaviour is unacceptable because it might discourage rape victims going to the police in the future.

If he genuinly is innocent though, he probably feels this girl who has wrongly accused him deserves as much pain and suffering as he has been put through. Accusing somebody of rape could ruin somebodies life every bit as much as being raped.

Agree with this.

Being raped, and the convicted rapist's family and friends abusing you online, outing you on twitter, and forcing you to move house, whilst the convicted rapist shows absolutely no remorse must ruin your life as well.

Totaly agree.

However what im saying is, if he is genuinly innocent, which only he and the girl know for sure, then i don't blame him for causing the girl heaps of misery.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »

Agree with this.

Totaly agree.

However what im saying is, if he is genuinly innocent, which only he and the girl know for sure, then i don't blame him for causing the girl heaps of misery.

Totally disagree

I appreciate its a very complex situation, but one thing he shouldn't be doing (or his family, supporters) is causing the girl any problems at all.

Unfortunately that is not the case

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »

If Ched Evans really did shoot Madeline McCann in Dallas in 1963 then he should be banned from football for at least 5 years.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »

Agree with this.

Totaly agree.

Totally disagree

I appreciate its a very complex situation, but one thing he shouldn't be doing (or his family, supporters) is causing the girl any problems at all.

Unfortunately that is not the case

So if this girl has falsely accused Ched Evans of raping her, ruining his reputation, effectively ending his career and subjecting him to 2 years in prison. Never mind the stress and heartache it will have caused Ched's family. And your saying Ched should think about his actions and protect this girl? I don't know what I would do in this situation but i know it would take an incredible amount of self restraint not to want to destroy her life. An eye for an eye and all that jazz.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

He can maintain his innocence all he likes, but a jury and an appeal court have found him guilty/upheld it

Now he is appealing again, with the help of new advisors

Going through judicial processes is fine, but any of the actions/motivations you are suggesting are worse than out of order. "an eye for an eye" is ludicrous. She's a victim, not someone to seek vengeance against.

It reflects very badly on him and his supporters (who he may have no influence over whatsoever) and (if I were running a football club) would sway me very strongly against employing him

--

On a broader issue I do believe that all other things being equal once someone leaves prison they should be allowed to rebuild their lives. Sentence served etc. How this is achieved for someone

a) in a role in the public eye

b) for an offence like rape

is a difficult one when the person is a politician, actor, singer, sportsperson etc

Not sure anybody, from official bodies through to the press through to the public has solved that one yet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »

Agree with everything you say. However, what i'm saying is if Ched Evans is genuinly innocent, and this girl has made incorrect accusations (not what the court thinks, but what actually happened that night).

If i was innocent, but the court ruled i was guilty, then i wouldnt just accept it, i'd fight to clear my name.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2014, 12:07:43 PM »

Never mind all this talk of Ched Evans - I'm wondering who'll sign Harry Roberts?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »

Never mind all this talk of Ched Evans - I'm wondering who'll sign Harry Roberts?

Chelsea.

They were partial to a bit of Harry Roberts is our friend . . . . .
samurai

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »

So the McCannns got away with murder and Ched Evans is nit a rapist?
Did M15 kill Princess Diana?
And are the Americans responsible for 9/11?

Thinking before making comments as if they are facts. How can you possibly know what happened to Madeline McCann?

Surely the independence referendum should have taught you something?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2014, 07:49:25 PM »

So the McCannns got away with murder and Ched Evans is nit a rapist?
Did M15 kill Princess Diana?
And are the Americans responsible for 9/11?

Thinking before making comments as if they are facts. How can you possibly know what happened to Madeline McCann?

Surely the independence referendum should have taught you something?

I know her parents neglected their duty and she was perhaps snatched.  That is a bigger crime than what Ched done in my books. 

I have at no stage said he wasn't guilty, all I have said is he is not responsible for the acts of his supporters, and I don't think he should apologise to the victim here if he genuinley believes he is innocent.   I know of a number of people who have been sent down by a jury who have been innocent only for the convictions to be over turned anda number of them had appeals refused. 
samurai

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »

So in fact the McCanns may not have literally got away with murder. And may in fact possibly be parents who live with amistake they made every day of their lives?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: