blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 110404 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »

exactly

he is now innocent until proven guilty or not in the retrial

finding a jury unaware of all the background is going to be tough, given the media coverage

I'm sure we could find 12 Blondes more than capable of going on jury duty Wink

Calling Woodsey , calling Woodsey....
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »

exactly

finding a jury unaware of all the background is going to be tough, given the media coverage

And we are back to the crux of the way he was treated on his release Rich which prompted this thread in the first place. Some semi famous people, the deputy Prime Minister and some gutter journo's filling TV, radio and press inches with some abs bollox taking free shots at him to get them on TV and radio.

Lets not forget, the deputy Prime minister at the time said Evans should be a role model to kids and fans when he had basically lied to those very people thru most of his election campaign and seemed to think that was just fine.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:37 PM »

What's Ched looking at in terms of £££ if he's found to be innocent at the retrial? He was apparently on 20k a week at Sheff Utd when he got banged up, will his loss of earnings be taken into consideration? And future loss of earnings? Cos he ain't gonna get a £1m a year contract again anywhere!

Zero.  I can't see how he can prove himself completely innocent beyond reasonable doubt.  And as I understand it that is the criteria for compensation payment. 

How does he prove this Doobs?  If the court say he is innocent why doesn't he have a cast iron case for compensation of all reasonably expected forms of income he has lost out on since being jailed?

I am not a lawyer, but this all resolves around reasonable doubt. 

To be found guilty of a crime it should be beyond reasonable doubt that he has comitted a crime.  We can specdulate whether that criteria was met in the original trial as has been posted by bobby.  But even if the conviction is quashed then that doesn't mean that it is beyond reasonable doubt he was innocent.  There is a whole sea of grey between those two statements, one is saying we are 99.9% certain he is guily, the other is that we are 99.9% certain he is innocent.  Given only Ched knows, or remembers, what happened, then I don't see how anybody else can be so sure one way or another.

To get compensation, they should need to find some very strong evidence, and if you read today's judgement, they haven't got that.  That is unless ladies who enjoy sex in different positions are much rarer than I previously thought. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 21, 2016, 04:32:14 PM »

What's Ched looking at in terms of £££ if he's found to be innocent at the retrial? He was apparently on 20k a week at Sheff Utd when he got banged up, will his loss of earnings be taken into consideration? And future loss of earnings? Cos he ain't gonna get a £1m a year contract again anywhere!

Zero.  I can't see how he can prove himself completely innocent beyond reasonable doubt.  And as I understand it that is the criteria for compensation payment. 

How does he prove this Doobs?  If the court say he is innocent why doesn't he have a cast iron case for compensation of all reasonably expected forms of income he has lost out on since being jailed?

I am not a lawyer, but this all resolves around reasonable doubt. 

To be found guilty of a crime it should be beyond reasonable doubt that he has comitted a crime.  We can specdulate whether that criteria was met in the original trial as has been posted by bobby.  But even if the conviction is quashed then that doesn't mean that it is beyond reasonable doubt he was innocent.  There is a whole sea of grey between those two statements, one is saying we are 99.9% certain he is guily, the other is that we are 99.9% certain he is innocent.  Given only Ched knows, or remembers, what happened, then I don't see how anybody else can be so sure one way or another.

To get compensation, they should need to find some very strong evidence, and if you read today's judgement, they haven't got that.  That is unless ladies who enjoy sex in different positions are much rarer than I previously thought. 

Cheers Doobs.  Seems harsh to be innocent but lose out massively financially in the peak years of your career but i get what you are saying. 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 21, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »

Very interesting read.

The cynic in me can't help but wonder how this ever got to court, but a re-trial should end the case one way or another.

Best Bitter.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 21, 2016, 05:20:33 PM »

Very interesting read.

The cynic in me can't help but wonder how this ever got to court, but a re-trial should end the case one way or another.

Yes very interesting.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2016, 05:42:11 PM »

exactly

lol, what have I done now?  Cool
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »

exactly

lol, what have I done now?  Cool

I am sure you could have saved the taxpayer a lot of money sitting on the Jury in the initial trial.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »

Just announced, Chesterfield sign Ched Evans on initial one-year contract.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2016, 04:09:20 PM »

Interesting.  Guess we will get twitter meltdown again.  I'd have been tempted to just wait the 3 months just to avoid that.  He isn't going to miss much football in that time and can still train/get fit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:03 PM »

Interesting.  Guess we will get twitter meltdown again.  I'd have been tempted to just wait the 3 months just to avoid that.  He isn't going to miss much football in that time and can still train/get fit.

Thinking let the furore take place while EC football & the EU referendum are on maybe?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2016, 08:37:28 PM »

Interesting.  Guess we will get twitter meltdown again.  I'd have been tempted to just wait the 3 months just to avoid that.  He isn't going to miss much football in that time and can still train/get fit.

Thinking let the furore take place while EC football & the EU referendum are on maybe?

Seems very good timing to me as well.  They got him on the cheap providing he can reproduce his old form.  4 years out of the game is a long old time though.  It isn't massively unlikely surely that he is a total flop surely?  Don't think there were many others queuing up for him apart from his old gaffer who took the gamble.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 14, 2016, 05:17:44 PM »

Everything change now he's not guilty?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 14, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »

Still a bit of a twat but not a rapist twat, and I'm sure many of us 'questioned' the original verdict.

Cleared in just 2 hours.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 14, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »

Bribed a witness for 50 large to say what he was told to say.  Nothing has changed for me.  Still guilty.  Why leave via the fire exit with your head down if you done nothing wrong?

Witness takes all the risk lying in court about not taking the 50 large from Ched's missus she was aggressively offering on FB.  Nice spot for Evans.  Big pockets buy you freedom.  More incredible how his bird's old man bankrolled it all though.  I haven't cheated on many girls who's dad would have been so willing to even speak to you never mind bankroll a court case for you.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: