blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton Calling.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Calling.  (Read 115337 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2015, 11:11:28 PM »

When's your birthday?
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »

When's your birthday?

Friday the 18th.

I've been pretty reclusive recently. Every now and then I go through patches where I seem to vanish off the face of the earth only to re-appear at a random comp in Luton 2 months later. Hope all is well mate, been playing recently?
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »

Not anything major, just a few bits on stars. If you want to go out for some drinks on Friday let me know.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2015, 01:15:21 PM »

Just read this entire diary in one sitting on papadog's recommendation and I have enjoyed it immensely.
Your honest open style of writing is irresistible Ransom,
and I hope you remember keep on posting when you leave us for your adventures abroad.

Great things are around the corner kid, and I want to hear all about it!

perchance, I just did the same, & agree - an excellent read.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »

Chompy did me in tonight. And at the first time of meeting him.

Im not one to give the end of a diary entry away in the first sentence, but I feel it's a decent lead in to an otherwise standard entry.

I've not been around much other than the odd DC comp every now and then, but writing about Aces double both ways hi and lo with a 9 banana takes it out me a little.

The short story is we haven't won a bean since September,  and that bean has failed to sprout into a beanstalk of £50 notes and sunnier shores. It comes with the territory though playing live tournaments,  but I remain quietly confident that I will climb the beanstalk and slay the giant at the top of it. Optimism gets you through. Or sends you mental. But someone referred to me as "mad Harry"  earlier so maybe I am halfway there.

£50 comp at Genting tonight. The first of their 10th Anniversary events. I'd missed out on many smaller festival type things as they seemed to have happened back in 2006. Sadly I was both underage and dreaming of marrying my girlfriend at the time. She gained heaps of weight anyway and turned out to be a bit mental so we dodged that bullet.

I went down on the prospect of a trophy. I've always wanted a poker trophy and way back when they seemed to give them out like sweets. Sort of a prop to validate my entriped journey to the top of the mountain. And something to threaten smackheads with  in case they come for me at the station at 4am.

Nice to have Mrs Phan at your table early doors,  even if she and John The Pen are about to beat each others heads in over a hand at 25/50. She was in full swing. Utter gibberish for the most part but you can pick out the odd "yum yum" every few minutes.

I trundled along to 75k at 1500/3000/300. 

Chompy raises to 6200. Has raised the past 2 hands. I reraise to 14500 on the button with Ah . Call. Kind of hate my spot already but 3 cards to come and change my fate.

Flop: A 2 4

I bet 9.5k. C-betting like 3 quarters of your initial 3b amount is standard now I guess, or so I learned from Rupert Elder. Call.

Turn: 5

Check. I jam. Which to be fair is pretty awful in my opinion. Snapped.

Chompy has the wheel. 35dd or something close to it. Down in flames. So it goes.

I hung about for it bit before my train home,  and with  14 left and 13 paid someone called for a bubble saver.

I heard Chompy call for a chop.

Tenderly I remain,  from platform 2 at Leagrave Station at 3.25am

Harry

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2015, 08:37:45 AM »

Unlucky in comp, great read tho.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »

That is a Red-Dog-esque style tale - a really superb read.

Post more.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »

Yum yum lol - mr and Mrs phan are brilliant been around for ever or so it seems always great fun at a table with her on it
v good read as ever
Omaha tonight ??
We will be heading down via the bedford bypass if that's near you n u want a lift pm me
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2015, 02:02:24 PM »

Hand review flatters me...

Can't argue with that. Actually felt quite bad putting a Lutonrofflemove on you, but had to be up and about early this morning, so was in crush or spew mode.

Tried for a 14-way chop but no takers, then tried to chop a seat six-handed, with only five on offer. Nothing doing again. Was fumming.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »

^^^^^^   no accounting for luton SquareHeads

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 07, 2015, 06:28:11 PM »

Can't argue with that. Actually felt quite bad putting a Lutonrofflemove on you, but had to be up and about early this morning, so was in crush or spew mode.

Tried for a 14-way chop but no takers, then tried to chop a seat six-handed, with only five on offer. Nothing doing again. Was fumming.

6th again?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »

6th again?

Interestingly elongated timeframes used here Scott to be able to use the word 'again' in this context.

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2015, 08:03:34 PM »

Fifth. Sixth is for losers.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:56 PM »

wouldnt know... i usually tidmof  Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:06 AM »

So it's been a month since the last update. And I will tell you why. In a very candid way, removed from the usual pints and 8 high jams and cheer.

I developed a gambling problem..

It didn't take long to materialise. One day it's a tenner on blackjack. Then it's £50. Then your bank balance goes from £17,000 to £36.

Its like smack. Or what you imagine smack feels like. A shot of pure poison into your brain. It grabs hold of your synapses and never let's go.

Thing is,  I've always looked down on addiction. My dad had an alcohol problem, and I always thought he could just stop. But addition isn't like that. You just need one more. Just to block out your troubles. One more and that's it. Just tonight and that's it. Just let me get even and that's it.

I woke up after doing £3000 on TV roulette, and I felt a dread in my stomach. £3000 is a lot of money for the average person, and I threw it down the drain. Just one more bet at the end of your remote. If I am being honest, I felt like hurting myself. But I couldn't.

I'm 25 years old and I shouldn't  be pissing about like this. Thought I am happy in a strange way. I have realised that I'll never reach the top of the mountain. And it's a tough realisation because for years all I wanted to do was to win and be respected. But my brain isn't wired like that. I can't grind pennies into dollars into bags. I get dollars and I want to spin them into bags. And that's OK. It means I'm a normal person. But normal people don't crush poker. You have to be worked up differently. Normal people want the quick fix. Poker players are happy with the grind.

It's time to stop. I feel my pursuit of the golden throne is in vain, because I don't have the make up for it. I grew up poor, which makes me want the quick cash. I can't help it.

I tried. I really did. I really wanted to win and be the best. But I couldn't do it.

And that's OK.

I'm just a normal person. And there's nothing wrong that.

GG.

PS : If I turn this around,  I am never going to be able to sell pieces ever.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: