blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:16:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104770 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2015, 03:07:55 AM »

Isn't he an old boy?

The bearded Frank Gallagher avatar made me think so!

-------------------------------------

Been a crazy busy week, got some awesome news this week too:)

Next while is gonna be pretty hectic, won't be able to play the UKIPT Edin, i'll still be playing a decent UKOPs schedule, but volume will be a bit lower than what I was hoping for.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »

Isn't he an old boy?

The bearded Frank Gallagher avatar made me think so!

-------------------------------------

Been a crazy busy week, got some awesome news this week too:)

Next while is gonna be pretty hectic, won't be able to play the UKIPT Edin, i'll still be playing a decent UKOPs schedule, but volume will be a bit lower than what I was hoping for.

Don't know for sure, but from the way he plays, & the way he writes, I sense he is in his mid to late thirties. You just get a sense of these things. Usually a non-sense.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Katais

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

Hi Kev, I cannot post on your UKOPs thread but I saw you are considering twitch. I would be very interested to watch you play some tournaments on there, I hope you go for it Smiley

Best of luck for the series.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2015, 01:15:11 AM »

Thanks Katais, what is your alias on Sky?

Twitch is quite interesting.

I've only watched a few streams, for just a short while, or just had it on in the back ground when playing. It's not the most exciting thing to watch.

Although, it's amazing the numbers of viwers Jason Sommerville pulls in, but outside of that the vast majority of streams only get <30 viewers.

Those who twitch regularly though, must be able to monitise it somehow, maybe sharing in revenue from advertisement streams.

Overall, i don't see much benefit in someone streaming their play, but might give it a go.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2015, 01:25:59 AM »

What's the awesome news?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »

Thanks Katais, what is your alias on Sky?

Twitch is quite interesting.

I've only watched a few streams, for just a short while, or just had it on in the back ground when playing. It's not the most exciting thing to watch.

Although, it's amazing the numbers of viwers Jason Sommerville pulls in, but outside of that the vast majority of streams only get <30 viewers.

Those who twitch regularly though, must be able to monitise it somehow, maybe sharing in revenue from advertisement streams.

Overall, i don't see much benefit in someone streaming their play, but might give it a go.

He does not post much here, but posts every day on his Diary Next Door. Interesting character, one way & another.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

Cant believe you told him Tikay, we could have had some fun! Making up names of who he was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »

Cant believe you told him Tikay, we could have had some fun! Making up names of who he was.

You are so cruel.

Good to tangle with you last night, how did your K-J suited not get there?

I cashed, obv. £1.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2015, 03:18:05 AM »

What's the awesome news?

Can't say yet, don't want to jinx anything!

Poker

I went through a spell of making a final table every night, often more than one per day.

Then I hut this wall for about 3 weeks where I couldn't get much going at all. For me it's so tough during these bad spells.

I never know if it's bad play or run bad. I can say it's run bad when I look at certain coolers, but at the same time, I think it leads to bad play. The best way to describe it is that when things are not going so well, and I get it in as a flip, or with a massive draw/ have to fade a draw, then instinctively I just think i'm going to be on the wrong end of it, losing the flip, missing the draw or their draw coming in.

I also think during these times I plough ahead trying to get out of the rut, where it might be best to take a break for a couple of days. At these times, I can also think i'm pretty bad at poker.

When i'm going through a good spell, it's the opposite - not that I think i'll win every hand - just that I have confidence by the barrel road.

Despite the amount of hands I have played and all my experience at the felt I still don't fully understand the psychological aspect between these good times and not so good times, it's amazing how much it affects your game, or atleast how you think about your game.

I have gained a good amount of momentum the last 4 days. I've made a bunch of FT's again. Got to HU 2 days in a row, Wed and Thursday and was chip leader in both, but blew through bad play but was still awesome to get to HU after the not so good spell. Tonight I won 2 MTT's, and came 3rd in another.

Maybe one day I will understand the psychology of Mtts!

I can't wait for UKOPs, i'm going to be playing 4/5 tables maximum.
-------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be back in London in January one weekend, would be good to get a game organised on the Saturday i'm down!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 24, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »

What's the awesome news?

Can't say yet, don't want to jinx anything!

Poker

I went through a spell of making a final table every night, often more than one per day.

Then I hut this wall for about 3 weeks where I couldn't get much going at all. For me it's so tough during these bad spells.

I never know if it's bad play or run bad. I can say it's run bad when I look at certain coolers, but at the same time, I think it leads to bad play. The best way to describe it is that when things are not going so well, and I get it in as a flip, or with a massive draw/ have to fade a draw, then instinctively I just think i'm going to be on the wrong end of it, losing the flip, missing the draw or their draw coming in.

I also think during these times I plough ahead trying to get out of the rut, where it might be best to take a break for a couple of days. At these times, I can also think i'm pretty bad at poker.

When i'm going through a good spell, it's the opposite - not that I think i'll win every hand - just that I have confidence by the barrel road.

Despite the amount of hands I have played and all my experience at the felt I still don't fully understand the psychological aspect between these good times and not so good times, it's amazing how much it affects your game, or atleast how you think about your game.

I have gained a good amount of momentum the last 4 days. I've made a bunch of FT's again. Got to HU 2 days in a row, Wed and Thursday and was chip leader in both, but blew through bad play but was still awesome to get to HU after the not so good spell. Tonight I won 2 MTT's, and came 3rd in another.

Maybe one day I will understand the psychology of Mtts!

I can't wait for UKOPs, i'm going to be playing 4/5 tables maximum.
-------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be back in London in January one weekend, would be good to get a game organised on the Saturday i'm down!

There goes you & every other poker player on earth. It was, & will always, be so.

It's tough when it's uphill, but how we handle those downswings tells a lot about our character. You will have seen some of the Diaries Next Door, & 1 or 2 here, you'd think a few losing nights was the end of the world to some players, we think so short-term. It's the end of the year that matters, not the intra week swings.

Think about poor old Ryan (scotty), he's been downswonging for best part of a year now.

I am pretty sure a good UKOPS awaits you. 8 days to go, oioi. 

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2015, 02:13:37 AM »

Tried to bluff someone of a set of aces tonight on the bubble, on a 3 diamond board, he almost folded too, can't win every hand Smiley

Not long till UKOPS now, really looking forward to it, there's going to be some great events and great value, got a good feeling about it.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »

I don't know if i'll continue the blog after UKOPs, it might be a fitting finish to park it once the series is over.

Ah got a feelin

Not at all, but it is a great song though!

Normally folk say I want to achieve x, but for the series my main goal is to play to the best of my ability, not tilt and play as close to my A game as possible.

The field sizes will be large, it would be great to make 1 or 2 final tables. The most important thing is to do my best and stay focussed.

The team for UKOPS:

Rich, £110 paid 10%
Chris, £55 paid 5%
YG. £55 paid 5%
Vern, £50 paid 5%*I'll deduct £5 from any winnings.

I'll update if there is any additions to the above before the start of the games.

I'll post in here games included in the stake before the start of any games and again at the end of the evening with results. Gl us!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »

I don't know if i'll continue the blog after UKOPs, it might be a fitting finish to park it once the series is over.

Ah got a feelin

Not at all, but it is a great song though!

Normally folk say I want to achieve x, but for the series my main goal is to play to the best of my ability, not tilt and play as close to my A game as possible.

The field sizes will be large, it would be great to make 1 or 2 final tables. The most important thing is to do my best and stay focussed.

The team for UKOPS:

Rich, £110 paid 10%
Chris, £55 paid 5%
YG. £55 paid 5%
Vern, £50 paid 5%*I'll deduct £5 from any winnings.

I'll update if there is any additions to the above before the start of the games.

I'll post in here games included in the stake before the start of any games and again at the end of the evening with results. Gl us!

Nooooooooooooooooo.

Keep posting.

Shortarse reads it, I know for a fact.

PS - Good luck in UKOPS.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »

17:00 £5.50 Rebuy £2,000
19:00 £3.30 Bounty Hunter £1,000
19:30 £11 SUPER UKOPS BH 1 £25,000
20:00 £110 Bounty Hunter £20,000
20:30 £5.50 Bounty Hunter £4,000

21:00 £22 Turbo Freezeout

Playing the bolded games, and possibly the 5pm and 9pm. Will update once all games are completed.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2015, 03:54:06 AM »

Vbol Kev, I will send for the extra 5ball on Monday when I land mate.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: