blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)  (Read 97844 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »

Can someone PLEASE sort out the live help? It's so embarrassingly god awful, especially now that they're partnered with DTD who I would like to think would appreciate the need for good customer service. Literally couldn't be any worse than it is, it's completely disgraceful.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2016, 12:09:22 PM »

Can someone PLEASE sort out the live help? It's so embarrassingly god awful, especially now that they're partnered with DTD who I would like to think would appreciate the need for good customer service. Literally couldn't be any worse than it is, it's completely disgraceful.

feel free to bother me on stuff if its not too time sensitive. i can make enquiries for you away from the front line support if it helps you play more, play quickly etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »

Is there any chance of playing more than 1 table on mobile device?
I am without laptop at the mo and would play much more if I could play 3-4 tables at a time on mobile/tablet
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »

That's in development to be rolled out asap. Agree it would make a big difference to a lot of people

My eyes are open wide
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2016, 02:24:50 PM »

Pretty annoying email that was sent to everyone

"This is just a quick note to let you know that your tournament tickets will now expire after they have remained unused in your account for a certain period of time.

To check the expiry dates of your tickets please log-in to the poker software and visit the “Tournament Tickets” section within the “Rewards” area."

Couple of things. This was sent to everyone, even people without tickets - why? To make people log in? Not sure.

Second, why should tournament tickets expire? just vanilla tickets, like $22s or $109s - there is no reason for them to expire, why can't someone hold on to them for a while?

Just going to cause a bunch of people to get annoyed and lose a lot of the goodwill gained with new schedule, recent promos etc. Don't get it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

thanks i have passed that ^^ on

My eyes are open wide
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »

I could really do without the sales calls to my mobile. Most people who play poker online are (reasonably) intelligent, aware people and do not need constant reminders of grand prixes etc. The social media onslaught is more than enough and I can always find out when and where tournaments are taking place.

I stopped playing on Party earlier this year due to the simply horrendous customer service that has been mentioned earlier in the thread. After I received ANOTHER sales call this morning ( before anyone says why answer them, its from the same area code as an elderly relative ) after I specifically asked to not be contacted again I'll be clicking any other poker icon on my desktop before I click the Party Poker one.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »

https://gyazo.com/31582db0d831ee653049e627bb16fb2b

109 in the lobby = £82.7
109$ deposited in GBP= £80.63

Should I change my wallet into $?

Party give me £815.97 for 1000 euros and Stars give me £836.32? Seems like a big difference for no deposit fees.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2016, 07:16:55 PM »

109 in the lobby = £82.7

Party give me £815.97 for 1000 euros and Stars give me £836.32? Seems like a big difference for no deposit fees.

Will someone clarify this situation as it was spoken about a lot originally (forex rates) and the differences seem pretty huge here. The numbers that show in the lobby are different to what you get from a deposit again, i think it benefits the £ this time but im not really sure why a company would use multiple exchange rates. Can I get some clarification on this please?

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2016, 09:55:00 PM »

109 in the lobby = £82.7

Personally I would change my wallet to US$ on Party and then get an ewallet (neteller, skrill) in US dollars.

I'm always to trade money between party/bank/stars when I have excess as do many British regs - they really do screw you over with the exchange rates, like most online poker sites...
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2016, 10:57:54 PM »

109 in the lobby = £82.7

Personally I would change my wallet to US$ on Party and then get an ewallet (neteller, skrill) in US dollars.

I'm always to trade money between party/bank/stars when I have excess as do many British regs - they really do screw you over with the exchange rates, like most online poker sites...

Well I would have but I was told there was no need to change my wallet to USD and with a GBP account it seemed like I should use my only way of depositing £. I have a skrill usd/euro and trade too, I would have done so here too, but I was reassured that it was fine. Going to be really tilting to find out I've lost money when my first post on this thread was about the currency exchange problems.

Atm in the lobby 109$ = 83.94£ but a Skrill deposit of 109$ would out £81.84 into my wallet. Not the most reassuring thing ever when you've played over 100k in buyins on Party in the last 18 months.

Defo set your account up in £.

One of my proposals to party is for have the option of running MTT's is £

Cheers Rob

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2016, 12:09:38 AM »

I'd just like to add I'm not blaming Rob or blonde for this. I'm sure he was told by Party that is was fine.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »

Hi Adam

I have contacted the head of customer service at pp this morning, sent her this thread and asked her to look at your posts

she has replied and i am sending it to you via PM now

My eyes are open wide
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »

Hi Adam

I have contacted the head of customer service at pp this morning, sent her this thread and asked her to look at your posts

she has replied and i am sending it to you via PM now

I'm more than aware there are two exchange rates, I have highlighted that in my post. I'm well aware Party don't use the XE rates, I am using XE to highlight just how far off the actual market value Party are willing to treat deposits. Party Poker has a magnificent currency converter on their website. This is supposedly the one for the "Party Cashier" but it isn't actually the number that shows up when you go to the cashier as highlighted in the image below, it actually is the table rate.  I'm not sure why Party as a company would choose to have multiple exchange rates for the same currencies unless it benefited them? Are you aware she claims the cashier rate is sometimes better than XE? If I check every day for the next month, do you think I will ever be able to receive a better than XE rate?

I would have followed her advice and moved my account to dollars straight away, it is actually easier for me to move $ around the £ because of how fast Skrill is in comparison to the traditional banking services. I didn't, because it would have been very useful for me to have a way to receive £ as I can't from Pokerstars.

https://www.partypoker.com/en_US/WC/index.html?fromCurrency=USD&toCurrency=GBP&inputAmt=2000&locale=en_GB&type=tournament&LANG_ID=en_US&productID=POKER&brandID=PARTYPOKER#currencyConverter

https://gyazo.com/49c6df215f6d65dbbf99ac1a2cd046e8

August 15th $530 in client is worth £410.1
$530 deposit is worth £400.13 without any of those pesky deposit fees.

I'm starting to feel like I won't actually be losing out on this as long as I never deposit or withdraw in another currency, however its really sketchy imo and just knowing Party are converting my wallet whenever I play is going to be enough to make me turn my wallet into $.

Furthermore, players shouldn't have to inspect the rate and decide what their wallet should be in. If you claim no deposit fees then you should give a fair market rate to all transactions. Making up your own two exchange rates and always using the worst one for new money entering the system is deceitful.  I'm not surprised it has caused complaints. Can you imagine depositing  $530 from your skrill and then not being allowed to buy in the tournament because it isn't enough?

Not sure what happened but my post seemed to have been posted then modified somehow. I'd prefer if the previous could be deleted or swapped with this one.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »

Checked twice last week and both times it was below market rate. Got my euros sat ready for the day it's above though.

On a brighter note, are Party going to introduce any more 4 card tournaments? There is only 2 events on stars between 109 and 320, being the 320 on wednesday and the 109 omania on Saturdays. It's hard to find the right level to attract the punters but perhaps a 109 6max on the weekends would be a start. If you consider o8 too I will do my best to promote elsewhere.

Nightly 109 6m plo 10k guarantee would be a dream but perhaps that is too much of an ask. Stars haven't/won't try

I really like the idea of a flighted tournament with day 1s friday/sat night and Sunday afternoon. Could even run 2 on Sundays. 215 buyin is lacking on stars and I'd love for you guys to prove the failed weekender concept stars habe tried twice actually works. Love the mtt schedule at the moment though I must say.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:20:13 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: