blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Dog food question
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dog food question  (Read 4757 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:19:47 AM »

I do my shopping on a Tuesday because it's the quietest day for shopping. (The weekend rush is over and the people who ran out of stuff bought it on Monday).

Annoyingly, bulk buy dog food comes in packs of 6 cans, which means I run out on Sunday. How many packs do I need to buy so that I run out on a Monday?

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:21:08 AM »

Don't feed the dog on Friday?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 12:32:22 AM »

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »

7 packs of 6?

Ah! The element of surprise
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »

A man of Tom's age shouldn't be carrying 7 packs of dog food so he should buy 2 packs this Monday then next Monday another 2 packs then the following week he could buy 1 pack then 2 etc etc

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 07:57:01 AM »

A man of Tom's age shouldn't be carrying 7 packs of dog food so he should buy 2 packs this Monday then next Monday another 2 packs then the following week he could buy 1 pack then 2 etc etc

Very impressive attempt by The Eso to prove he is down with us kids. 

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:27:23 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »

I remember when two-pack was the best type of paint for re-spraying your car or van.

Do people even have cars re-sprayed these days?

Back in the 70s a tiny bloke called Glen from Dinnington used to do our re-sprays in his converted nissen hut garage. (By converted I mean he dug a hole in the floor to use as an inspection pit).

He had no mask or breathing equipment, no extractor fans or anything. Some days, you could use his teeth as a colour chart.  

Remember nissen huts? How many small businesses flourished in one of these?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:39 AM »

have your dogs ever had dry dog food? (you can add water to make it slightly wet) I have 2 Labradors and a yorkiepoo and feed them Fish4dogs, they love it, excellent product, does not have all of the rubbish that just fills the dog out and certainly keeps them trim (if you stick to the feeding guide) and can be delivered to your house.

http://www.fish4dogs.com/?gclid=CO3kxJm0k8QCFUnLtAodVRwA7Q
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »

have your dogs ever had dry dog food? (you can add water to make it slightly wet) I have 2 Labradors and a yorkiepoo and feed them Fish4dogs, they love it, excellent product, does not have all of the rubbish that just fills the dog out and certainly keeps them trim (if you stick to the feeding guide) and can be delivered to your house.

To be honest I've never found an ideal dog food since butchers stopped selling sheep's heads, lights, lungs and other offal. we used to boil up a two gallon pot of it until it reduced to a kind of jelly then let it cool into a solid lump that you could cut slices from. One pot would last two dogs a week and they were glossy fit.

I've tried both tinned and dry food and am not really satisfied with either. I'm using tinned at the moment because the dogs prefer it.

What are their stools like with fish4dogs? I can't be doing with watery dog shit.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:26:46 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »

Martha has Iams which has been excellent. She's staying lean and fit and her shits are beautifully formed.

Will post a pic later if I remember to take one.

Edit... Pic of the dog that is.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »

Martha has Iams which has been excellent. She's staying lean and fit and her shits are beautifully formed.

Post one of the dog too Dave.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »

To be honest I've never found an ideal dog food since butchers stopped selling sheep's heads, lights, lungs and other offal. we used to boil up a two gallon pot of it until it reduced to a kind of jelly then let it cool into a solid lump that you could cut slices from. One pot would last two dogs a week and they were glossy fit.

I've tried both tinned and dry food and am not really satisfied with either. I'm using tinned at the moment because the dogs prefer it.

What are their stools like with fish4dogs? I can't be doing with watery dog shit.

It's another reason I use it, because it does not have any of the added crap and fillers that the "standard" dog food has their stools are ALWAYS solid, a lot less than before and regular as clock work (twice a day when taken for a walk) compare tha to something like Wagg which meant that it was very very soft, a lot of it every time and they used to go four of five times a day hence destroying the garden. Cannot recommend it highly enough, of course as with anything some dogs are allergic, I'm sure they do tester packs which u can try. I suppose the only downside is that it cost twice or three times as much as other dog food but the benefits far out way the cost for me.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »

Funny how the internet works, this must be dog poo day. I read elsewhere this morning that Police dogs are trained to poo on command which is why you won't see one doing it whilst on the beat.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »

Post one of the dog too Dave.

I just hope that Martha is the dog's name, and not the missus'...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »

Funny how the internet works, this must be dog poo day. I read elsewhere this morning that Police dogs are trained to poo on command which is why you won't see one doing it whilst on the beat.

lol they probably have bad haemorrhoids having the squeeze one out on command
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: