blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199207 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #12285 on: March 30, 2018, 10:05:30 AM »

I've never run a leisure centre in my life.

Yep, those simpletons who draw conclusions from little evidence.

I'm sorry, watched someone else run a leisure centre. I thought I'd aimed high. TK seems certain you run an LC though, in fact he's impressed by it and he seems like a top guy, you should be pleased with that.

Tikay knows he is head honcho at a crazy golf facility.  Nearly number one in the whole World, but unfortunately had to make do with number two.  Can't think why I know that, as nobody usually remembers the poor sod who finishes second.

FWIW Corbyn seemed to be devoting his whole life to pottering round the House of Commons until recently.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »

Having being presented with the evidence I conclude that it’s a 30 percent chance Corbyn is a naive fool and 70 percent chance he is an anti-Semite.  Just too many incidents for it to be a press conspiracy.  If that opinion makes me a simpleton then so be it.

It doesn't make you a simpleton, it just means you haven't seen much (perhaps ~ a bit less than 30%) of the evidence. There is no evidence he is an anti Semite, literally none.

Anyway back to the simpletons, hopefully  briefly. Of course as a 'snowflake' my instinct toward the simpletons is sympathy and pity, they (the simpletons) are being offensive deliberately though, I believe the word is "trolling". I'm OK to give them what they want.

Last word on politics from me for the weekend, have a lovely Easter everyone.

I've been thinking about what you said, how Corbyn is not anti Semitic.

Wouldn't it make his views and leadership on the issue a lot clearer if he took decisive action and suspended Shawcroft from the NEC?

Think about it if this were the Tories - you would be screaming for action. Don't you think it would be wise to take this action quickly? Its situations like this that make people question him. He has to play the political game and suspend her from the NEC if he wants respect on this right now.

Doesn't that make sense?

OK, I can't do it. Elements of Conservative party are very racist. We have a foreign secretary who uses the term 'pickaninny' he's a really bumbling clumsy bufffoon but he knows it's very racist, we have an MP who describes a problem as "a nigger in the woodpile" and an MP who goes to Tignes (or maybe it was Meribel) and he's arranged for everyone to dress as Nazi's. Nothing happens, because they've decided and I'm sure Gove, Dave C, Osborne and Danny Fink (love DF's articles in The Times, all too rare these days) decided this, sackings are worse press than desperate incompetence (you only have to look at TM as HS to know this) and racism. All Corbyn has done is let due process deal with the nutters, he kind of has to. No one hates the anti Semites more than me, possibly JC I guess.

I've noticed, in his replies, Kukushkin seems to overlook the posts about the 39 Labour figures pushing for action.

Seems keen to ignore this and concentrate on the abuse to others on here.

They obviously don't get it that Corbyn is leading the fight against anti Semitism.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: March 30, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »

I'm sorry, watched someone else run a leisure centre. I thought I'd aimed high. TK seems certain you run an LC though, in fact he's impressed by it and he seems like a top guy, you should be pleased with that.

Tikay knows he is head honcho at a crazy golf facility.  Nearly number one in the whole World, but unfortunately had to make do with number two.  Can't think why I know that, as nobody usually remembers the poor sod who finishes second.

FWIW Corbyn seemed to be devoting his whole life to pottering round the House of Commons until recently.

Agreed, he was pottering pretty hard though and all of it was in support of human rights. It's more worthwhile and noble than anything we've done.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:14 AM »

Fake news brother. Now head honcho at one of the best golf courses in the country & top of company. Tis what go-getters do...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: March 30, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »

Fake news brother. Now head honcho at one of the best golf courses in the country & top of company. Tis what go-getters do...

Has it got a windmill hole?  If not, I can't see how it can rank as one of the best.  I know you may be sceptical on this, but that facility is hosting the World championship. Maybe something to suggest at the next board meeting?

Click to see full-size image.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: March 30, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »

Having being presented with the evidence I conclude that it’s a 30 percent chance Corbyn is a naive fool and 70 percent chance he is an anti-Semite.  Just too many incidents for it to be a press conspiracy.  If that opinion makes me a simpleton then so be it.

It doesn't make you a simpleton, it just means you haven't seen much (perhaps ~ a bit less than 30%) of the evidence. There is no evidence he is an anti Semite, literally none.

Anyway back to the simpletons, hopefully  briefly. Of course as a 'snowflake' my instinct toward the simpletons is sympathy and pity, they (the simpletons) are being offensive deliberately though, I believe the word is "trolling". I'm OK to give them what they want.

Last word on politics from me for the weekend, have a lovely Easter everyone.

I've been thinking about what you said, how Corbyn is not anti Semitic.

Wouldn't it make his views and leadership on the issue a lot clearer if he took decisive action and suspended Shawcroft from the NEC?

Think about it if this were the Tories - you would be screaming for action. Don't you think it would be wise to take this action quickly? Its situations like this that make people question him. He has to play the political game and suspend her from the NEC if he wants respect on this right now.

Doesn't that make sense?

OK, I can't do it. Elements of Conservative party are very racist. We have a foreign secretary who uses the term 'pickaninny' he's a really bumbling clumsy bufffoon but he knows it's very racist, we have an MP who describes a problem as "a nigger in the woodpile" and an MP who goes to Tignes (or maybe it was Meribel) and he's arranged for everyone to dress as Nazi's. Nothing happens, because they've decided and I'm sure Gove, Dave C, Osborne and Danny Fink (love DF's articles in The Times, all too rare these days) decided this, sackings are worse press than desperate incompetence (you only have to look at TM as HS to know this) and racism. All Corbyn has done is let due process deal with the nutters, he kind of has to. No one hates the anti Semites more than me, possibly JC I guess.

I've noticed, in his replies, Kukushkin seems to overlook the posts about the 39 Labour figures pushing for action.

Seems keen to ignore this and concentrate on the abuse to others on here.

They obviously don't get it that Corbyn is leading the fight against anti Semitism.

There is a process for getting those with disgraceful views out. I and everyone in the Labour movement that I know are doing what we can to assist that process, JC supports getting them out 100%.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: March 30, 2018, 10:29:37 AM »

I'm pleased for you, genuinely. Where is your course? I'm hopeful of getting things together this year, I've always been solid from 150 yards in but no long game, this winter I'm hitting it beautifully at the range. Fingers crossed for some better weather.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: March 30, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »

Lol 10 minutes.

Hope you last longer with the mystery pretty girl.

Missed this,lol :-)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: March 30, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »

Not a troll of Kuku as he is one of the interesting posters here and I like reading a range of views. Not just the simplistic tory boy fantasies of Manters and Wooders :-)

I do think Corbyn has something of a blindspot on this issue - platitudes about "I've always protested racism etc so I can't be anti Jew"don't really wash.

It seems quite apparent that these two elements are easy bedfellows for the left - virtue signal your antic racist views with rhetoric and also embrace anti jewishness - it doesn't make you completely bad to a level you need to apologise and cry at a press conference, but it does mean you can't confront your own prejudices in an honest way.

The right also being anti jewish doesnt get you off the hook either

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: March 30, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »

Not a troll of Kuku as he is one of the interesting posters here and I like reading a range of views. Not just the simplistic tory boy fantasies of Manters and Wooders :-)

I do think Corbyn has something of a blindspot on this issue - platitudes about "I've always protested racism etc so I can't be anti Jew"don't really wash.

It seems quite apparent that these two elements are easy bedfellows for the left - virtue signal your antic racist views with rhetoric and also embrace anti jewishness - it doesn't make you completely bad to a level you need to apologise and cry at a press conference, but it does mean you can't confront your own prejudices in an honest way.

Love your posts, no risk of me mistaking me you for a troll. I lost the faith when you lost the plot re:Brexit but you're still in the top 3 posters in my book.

I think the fact that JC has a very strong stance against human rights abuses in the Middle East has made the party attractive to some nutters with extreme views, crazy but to my mind true. If you saw the determination and pasision of the people who will get the nutters out of the party from my view, I hope that you would be impressed.

Agreed that the racist right justifies/excuses nothing. I was just replying directly to Rick that the right is a: much more racist and b: does fuck all about it.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: March 30, 2018, 11:51:04 AM »

Love your posts, no risk of me mistaking me you for a troll. I lost the faith when you lost the plot re:Brexit but you're still in the top 3 posters in my book.

I think the fact that JC has a very strong stance against human rights abuses in the Middle East has made the party attractive to some nutters with extreme views, crazy but to my mind true. If you saw the determination and pasision of the people who will get the nutters out of the party from my view, I hope that you would be impressed.

Agreed that the racist right justifies/excuses nothing. I was just replying directly to Rick that the right is a: much more racist and b: does fuck all about it.

Right now though, its Corbyn getting grief from the Jewish community and his own party.

I'm sure there are right wing nut jobs with unacceptable views but the current news is about the problems facing Corbyn and he is struggling to show the leadership needed to make it crystal clear to the Jewish Community in particular that he is tackling the far left, as like it or not, they are his natural bed fellows.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: March 30, 2018, 12:13:37 PM »

Point of order directed at Liberal Nirvants. These are not simplistic Tory boy fantasies they are high level political bantz. When two sides fundamentally disagree and will never agree all we have left is bantz. Now please carry on.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: March 30, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »

YouGov poll for thetimes gives May 11-point lead on best PM, highest since before election http://bit.ly/2E7ibfq

Have to say I really admire her resilience through such a testing period and I think she's somehow managed to work herself into quite a trusted position (in the eyes of the general population) on Brexit..that's no mean feat

It would be that much more impressive had she actually done anything. Still, as previously said, the plan seems to be to not to really do Brexit and say just enough to pacify the simpletons, she's done better than that, one of the simpletons (itt) seems to be cock-a-hoop.

Seems like 43% of the voting public (see Tighty's latest poll numbers) are simpletons right now eh? In historical terms that's a pretty healthy percentage (especially as she is clearly a weak leader).

What is crazy in the political world is the way the Lib Dems have committed politically suicide and seem even better than you at insulting people.  At least Vince can feel all smug and smart whilst leading them into the wilderness.

Wouldn't it be better to respectfully disagree than talk about simpletons this way?

Surely we can describe simpletons as simpletons?   Wink

People do need to go easy on the insults though.  It just ruins the debate.    Woodsey is right, you aren't going to persuade anybody of the case by throwing personal insults, if only he followed his own words we might all now be Brexiteers.

I think Woodsey is just a WUM who gets right under the skin of certain simpletons contributors on here  Cheesy

Its going to be a fascinating year or two. We'll finally get to see what Brexit really means and we'll see if our economy falls apart as so aggressively predicted during the campaign prior to the vote.

I think it's unrealistic for the consequences of brexit to be looked at within a year or two. I don't think macro policies like this can really be understood within 10-20 years. Furthermore it's not an event you can examine in isolation so it's quite possible some outside event happens (ww3?) Meaning we never truly know.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: March 30, 2018, 12:42:16 PM »

Point of order directed at Liberal Nirvants. These are not simplistic Tory boy fantasies they are high level political bantz. When two sides fundamentally disagree and will never agree all we have left is bantz. Now please carry on.

Haha, different gravy level. So hard to take you seriously when you mow down motability people

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: March 30, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »

YouGov poll for thetimes gives May 11-point lead on best PM, highest since before election http://bit.ly/2E7ibfq

Have to say I really admire her resilience through such a testing period and I think she's somehow managed to work herself into quite a trusted position (in the eyes of the general population) on Brexit..that's no mean feat

It would be that much more impressive had she actually done anything. Still, as previously said, the plan seems to be to not to really do Brexit and say just enough to pacify the simpletons, she's done better than that, one of the simpletons (itt) seems to be cock-a-hoop.

Seems like 43% of the voting public (see Tighty's latest poll numbers) are simpletons right now eh? In historical terms that's a pretty healthy percentage (especially as she is clearly a weak leader).

What is crazy in the political world is the way the Lib Dems have committed politically suicide and seem even better than you at insulting people.  At least Vince can feel all smug and smart whilst leading them into the wilderness.

Wouldn't it be better to respectfully disagree than talk about simpletons this way?

Surely we can describe simpletons as simpletons?   Wink

People do need to go easy on the insults though.  It just ruins the debate.    Woodsey is right, you aren't going to persuade anybody of the case by throwing personal insults, if only he followed his own words we might all now be Brexiteers.

I think Woodsey is just a WUM who gets right under the skin of certain simpletons contributors on here  Cheesy

Its going to be a fascinating year or two. We'll finally get to see what Brexit really means and we'll see if our economy falls apart as so aggressively predicted during the campaign prior to the vote.

I think it's unrealistic for the consequences of brexit to be looked at within a year or two. I don't think macro policies like this can really be understood within 10-20 years. Furthermore it's not an event you can examine in isolation so it's quite possible some outside event happens (ww3?) Meaning we never truly know.

Agreed it’s complex and long term, I was being a little bit sarcastic. Osborne, BOfE, Treasury etc told us there would be immediate and major impacts including an emergency budget, 500k jobs lost, big house price falls, tax increases etc.

Those claims seem to have disappeared nearly 2 years after the vote.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: