blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 893 894 895 896 [897] 898 899 900 901 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2200019 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13440 on: July 26, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »

In a parliamentary bind, Theresa May has three options: threaten a no-deal Brexit, go to the polls or hold a second referendum

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/07/19/the-case-for-a-second-brexit-referendum?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/thecaseforasecondbrexitreferendumdesperatemeasures

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: July 26, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »

Why Remainers are confident the EU would extend the Article 50 period to allow a second referendum.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/07/why-remainers-are-confident-there-enough-time-second-brexit-referendum

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:59 AM »

Parfois vous n'avez pas besoin de google translate

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: July 26, 2018, 10:16:50 AM »

Relax, don't do it

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: July 26, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »

EU president’s rhetoric with USA regarding free trade upon the landscape of Brexit negotiations is the question here? What’s the political strategy? I’d say the complexity is rather deep. Yet Blonde owls rush to google to see if an actual agreement has been signed. Bless your cotton socks.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:28 AM »

We're better served by Boris writing barbed commentaries in The Spectator than undermining his party from within the Cabinet.

This week he writes of the hypocrisy of the government stance over George & Ringo's extradition to US justice. Of course the drone's fire button would have been pressed if these two pieces of filth had been spotted in Syria, in a location where collateral damage would be avoided (and possibly where it might not). And yet there's a lot of richeous wailing going on about their fate in the hands of albeit dubious American justice.

There's no love for a return to the death penalty here among the general population, but I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find many people who object to George & Ringo getting their ticket to ride.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: July 26, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »

We're better served by Boris writing barbed commentaries in The Spectator than undermining his party from within the Cabinet.

This week he writes of the hypocrisy of the government stance over George & Ringo's extradition to US justice. Of course the drone's fire button would have been pressed if these two pieces of filth had been spotted in Syria, in a location where collateral damage would be avoided (and possibly where it might not). And yet there's a lot of richeous wailing going on about their fate in the hands of albeit dubious American justice.

There's no love for a return to the death penalty here among the general population, but I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find many people who object to George & Ringo getting their ticket to ride.

Wouldn’t death penalty win in a UK referendum?  Sure I read that a few years back.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: July 26, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »

Wouldn’t death penalty win in a UK referendum?  Sure I read that a few years back.

I thought the same, and was going to comment as such in my post... But then I did a little Googling and discovered that current polling puts support at less than 50% for the first time in 2015 and possibly as low as 35% now, if you're prepared to consider some online polling sites. Obv the % is much higher among UKIPers and Brexiteers.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:29:47 PM by 4KSuited » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »

Norway (+) remains the most likely Brexit option because it is would have an 11th hour, emergency majority, whereas there's no way the Commons (or the Cabinet) would support no deal.

https://www.politico.eu/article/michel-barnier-brexit-eu-gets-what-it-wants

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »

What connects all the possible outcomes of Brexit is that the British people voted for none of them,

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/07/big-fight-now-establish-which-party-has-betrayed-leave-voters

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: July 27, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »

Problem for May is that she doesn’t want a customs union and it might bring down her government, but Number 10 has privately said that ‘max fac’ doesn’t fit with what she signed up to on the Irish border in December

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/07/michel-barnier-confirms-david-davis-brexit-deal-warning/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: July 27, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »

Huge blow for Theresa May as Michel Barnier rejects key plank of UK's Brexit blueprint

https://www.politicshome.com/news/europe/eu-policy-agenda/brexit/news/97217/huge-blow-theresa-may-michel-barnier-rejects-key

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: July 27, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »

This is what no-deal Brexit actually looks like

an absolute must read of a motherf**** of a piece

everything you need to know - why the blockages happen, where they'd take place etc

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2018/07/27/this-is-what-no-deal-brexit-actually-looks-like

My eyes are open wide
engy

View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: July 27, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »

A must read for all the Facebook/Twitter politicians saying Brexit means Brexit. It's what we voted for. Who's bothered if it's no deal, they need us. Lol
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: July 27, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »

I kinda have an issue with soothsayers. All this speculation is based on the EU remaining a constant variable. With significant issues such as economy and immigration what is the guarantee there isn’t further fragmentation? I’ve seen enough countries change state in the last 20yrs to expect a changing EU landscape. My goodness the EU is fragmenting as we speak. If that point is accepted it undermines the current guesswork. And if we gonna dream about the future I like good dreams best pls.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 895 896 [897] 898 899 900 901 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: