blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 979 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 987 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199381 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14730 on: October 20, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »

This was at the "People's Vote" rally in London this afternoon, where folks were demanding another referendum on any agreed deal. Note how many trees attended.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:04:18 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: October 20, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »

This was at a rally in London this afternoon, where folks were demanding another referendum on any agreed deal. Note how many trees attended.

Click to see full-size image.

The Ents were always revered for being smart. It’s funny the arguments you get, even in mainstream media, over how many people attended this sort of thing. It would be interesting to know how many people were/are actually there.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: October 20, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »

Fleeing incase Corbyn gets in!

Do you think anything bad would happen to you if Corbyn was PM? Any consideration, quality of life/profits at work etc?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: October 20, 2018, 06:21:15 PM »

Do you think anything bad would happen to you if Corbyn was PM? Any consideration, quality of life/profits at work etc?

I should probably qualify that I still and probably always will think that we should vote for what we think is best for everybody, not what we think is best for ourselves.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: October 20, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »

I think initially it would be a good thing for me personally. I believe he would push more money into schools, and as 95% of what we sell at work ends up in schools this would increase sales that have decreased over the past few years due to the issues with school budgets.

This would improve profits and my income but I don't think Corbyn is a fan of high earners is he so who knows what would happen tax wise?

I think long term big picture thinks would be bad though.
Removing uni fees, privatising water and rail companies with no plan to fund it has to be a national disaster if he actually does it?

Not sure what other consequences would be as I'm not informed enough but both Corbyn and McDonell have some worry associations?

To summarise;
I think he would be terrible, but so is everyone else so who knows.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: October 20, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »

I should probably qualify that I still and probably always will think that we should vote for what we think is best for everybody, not what we think is best for ourselves.

This is a very admirable quality.
I openly admit I would always vote for who I think is best for my family. That's my number one priority.
That's not to say I don't care, we do support number of charities through work.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: October 20, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »

Just to add, I don't believe Corbyn would be the best for anybody.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: October 20, 2018, 06:34:11 PM »

I openly admit I would always vote for who I think is best for my family. That's my number one priority.

It’ll be interesting to see if my attitude changes once I have kids.

This is quite good:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/fb397f44-e64b-11e7-97e2-916d4fbac0da

The only easy one with Corbyn is that he doesn’t really have dodgy associations with terrrorits etc. The rest is complicated and he seems to be as bad and ineffective at Brexit as the rest of our parliament :-(
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: October 20, 2018, 06:35:38 PM »

Same here.....
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: October 20, 2018, 11:14:25 PM »

I am sure you post for a reaction

most of the time i count to 100

occasionally though, i succumb

i think they might be fleeing/thinking of fleeting as they don't feel welcome and fear what living here in a nationalist environment might be like.

not much to do with economic decline which you insist will be marginal without a clue what you are talking about or any detail to back it up

What is it that makes you think that? It certainly wasn’t my first thought on seeing this story.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: October 21, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »

I am sure you post for a reaction

most of the time i count to 100

occasionally though, i succumb

i think they might be fleeing/thinking of fleeting as they don't feel welcome and fear what living here in a nationalist environment might be like.

not much to do with economic decline which you insist will be marginal without a clue what you are talking about or any detail to back it up

What is it that makes you think that? It certainly wasn’t my first thought on seeing this story.

ok, perhaps i am influenced by what i see happening

local news had this week a British builder, married to a German lady who has been here 17 years. She's a primary school teacher

she has resigned, fearing for what life will be like for her here specifically citing attitudes she experiences to non-Brits. house for sale. He has sold his van, tools and contacts and they are moving to Germany as soon as the house goes through

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: October 21, 2018, 09:05:58 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:40 AM »

i like this (well i don't but the representation is good) takes me back to corporate training days and exercises there

"negotiations are beginning to look like a “prisoners’ dilemma”, where both parties have an incentive to be uncooperative, risking an outcome that would be unfavourable for all". https://bru.gl/2J7ik6A

My eyes are open wide
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: October 21, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

The EU rules on carrots?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: October 21, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »

One of the ways the EU is going to mitigate No deal is

Irish Brexit soft loans - subsidised at 4% interest rate, bulk of risk passed on to European Investment Bank - longer term loans announced at Budget taking total to around 1bn mark.  Any business with 15% of its business in UK qualifies

loans from 25,000 up to 1.5m euro; unsecured loans up to 500,000 euro; no personal guarantees; 1 year to 3 years loans.

called "Brexit Loans Scheme"

i haven't seen similar for uk govt and banks yet (say to those with x% of business in exports) or maybe i have missed it
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:16:55 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 987 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: