blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:40:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2198479 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14745 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »

The largest protest since the Iraq War, 700,000 people yesterday.

Hardly any reaction from front benchers on either side.

Corbyn was in Geneva talking Pinochet. 68% of Labour voters support remain (2016 vote and polls since)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: October 21, 2018, 09:14:37 AM »

China excited about new “diamond era” of trade and relations with UK following Brexit

link and attribution please? where and when did they say this and in what context?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: October 21, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »

essentially the Labour party are behind in the polls because people like this have no one to vote for (and some Corbyn and Abbott stuff)

Labour Party: “We’re anti Blairite, committed to democracy and a mass social movement for change”....

what like this ? ....

“No not like that”

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: October 21, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It is an EU trade deal with somebody.   Sure some here could knock one up on their lunch break.  Just got to think positively innit.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14749 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:29 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It is an EU trade deal with somebody.   Sure some here could knock one up on their lunch break.  Just got to think positively innit.

It is. EU trade deal with Singapore signed yesterday. 7 years start to finish

ours of course will be far simpler.

My eyes are open wide
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14750 on: October 21, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »

I am sure you post for a reaction

most of the time i count to 100

occasionally though, i succumb

i think they might be fleeing/thinking of fleeting as they don't feel welcome and fear what living here in a nationalist environment might be like.

not much to do with economic decline which you insist will be marginal without a clue what you are talking about or any detail to back it up

What is it that makes you think that? It certainly wasn’t my first thought on seeing this story.

ok, perhaps i am influenced by what i see happening

local news had this week a British builder, married to a German lady who has been here 17 years. She's a primary school teacher

she has resigned, fearing for what life will be like for her here specifically citing attitudes she experiences to non-Brits. house for sale. He has sold his van, tools and contacts and they are moving to Germany as soon as the house goes through

Just individual thought processes though are they not?

I employ 55 Polish men and women, they haven't batted an eye lid, they all have 10 friends ready to pack up and move here if a job is offered.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #14751 on: October 21, 2018, 09:50:35 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It is. EU trade deal with Singapore signed yesterday. 7 years start to finish

ours of course will be far simpler.

It doesn't have to be though does it, it is purely creating the illusion of worth around politicians jobs.
Remove all of the idiots involved and that document would be 5% of the size and take 6 months to complete.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14752 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

The EU rules on carrots?

Lol

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14753 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It’s not about just thinking positive innit, some on here clearly only see barriers, whereas others find ways to overcome barriers. I’ve seen it all my life....
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14754 on: October 21, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »

China excited about new “diamond era” of trade and relations with UK following Brexit

link and attribution please? where and when did they say this and in what context?

Li Keqiang was speaking as he met May for talks at the Asia-Europe Meeting in Brussels

Seems like a an ideal time to focus on growing this opportunity. China is currently the UK’s sixth-biggest market & exports of goods and services to China increased by 114% in the last few years.

Rhetoric from the Chinese is altogether more appropriate towards us imo.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:52:34 AM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14755 on: October 21, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It’s not about just thinking positive innit, some on here clearly only see barriers, whereas others find ways to overcome barriers. I’ve seen it all my life....

So true, time for the cowardly custards to stop being afraid and trying to make others afraid.

They need to find the courage to fight for the opportunities that are clearly out there.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14756 on: October 21, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »

Li Keqiang was speaking as he met May for talks at the Asia-Europe Meeting in Brussels

Seems like a an ideal time to focus on growing this opportunity. China is currently the UK’s sixth-biggest market & exports of goods and services to China increased by 114% in the last few years.

Rhetoric from the Chinese is altogether more appropriate towards us imo.

i had missed that

here is a link with context

all coming up roses

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-trade-deal-latest-china-human-rights-abuses-negotiations-liam-fox-a8593411.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14757 on: October 21, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

So true, time for the cowardly custards to stop being afraid and trying to make others afraid.

They need to find the courage to fight for the opportunities that are clearly out there.

How many trade deals has Fox struck?

How long do you think an EU/UK trade deal would take?

It's will be "the easiest trade deal in history", apparently

It's not about being positive and not being cowardly, its looking at the real world and realising that whatever version of brexit you thought you were voting for, its practically undeliverable in the changed circumstance of a minority government

hence the increased likelihood of no deal. No amount of random wishes that we should have stiff upper lips and look for opportunities are going to mitigate the effects of that

but no, ideological purity is more important than that. What baloney.

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14758 on: October 21, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »

I am sure you post for a reaction

most of the time i count to 100

occasionally though, i succumb

i think they might be fleeing/thinking of fleeting as they don't feel welcome and fear what living here in a nationalist environment might be like.

not much to do with economic decline which you insist will be marginal without a clue what you are talking about or any detail to back it up

What is it that makes you think that? It certainly wasn’t my first thought on seeing this story.

ok, perhaps i am influenced by what i see happening

local news had this week a British builder, married to a German lady who has been here 17 years. She's a primary school teacher

she has resigned, fearing for what life will be like for her here specifically citing attitudes she experiences to non-Brits. house for sale. He has sold his van, tools and contacts and they are moving to Germany as soon as the house goes through

Pretty confident these people just want their 15 mins. Glad to report Mrs Henderson ( nee Frueh ) seems sanguine about her prospects in the hostile nationalist environment in the UK. Tbf the EDL appear to be polling less well than the AfD and the FPO so she's probably safer here.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #14759 on: October 21, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »

What is it about that 114% 7yr growth in exports to China that makes you think opportunity doesn't exist?

With the new freedoms to focus on these relationships accelerated growth is inevitable. Which will mitigate some of our losses. Rinse and repeat.

Trouble is the commentary on here is so biased we never hear about the growth elsewhere to mitigate.

Pages: 1 ... 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: