blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 981 982 983 984 [985] 986 987 988 989 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197359 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #14760 on: October 21, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »

Sunday quiz

what is this?

It is an EU trade deal with somebody.   Sure some here could knock one up on their lunch break.  Just got to think positively innit.

It is. EU trade deal with Singapore signed yesterday. 7 years start to finish

ours of course will be far simpler.

Photocopiers though

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: October 21, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »

What is it about that 114% 7yr growth in exports to China that makes you think opportunity doesn't exist?

With the new freedoms to focus on these relationships accelerated growth is inevitable. Which will mitigate some of our losses. Rinse and repeat.

Trouble is the commentary on here is so biased we never hear about the growth elsewhere to mitigate.

the commentary is what everyone chooses to post, not just me

i put up a link for you this morning (seeing as you didn't, google is a fine thing) but it is of course open to anyone to post pro or anti. you included

you've never not been able to post, nor had a post removed. indeed don't think any posts have been removed off the thread for months and months

so you are part of the commentary you are decrying as "biased"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »

What is it about that 114% 7yr growth in exports to China that makes you think opportunity doesn't exist?

With the new freedoms to focus on these relationships accelerated growth is inevitable. Which will mitigate some of our losses. Rinse and repeat.

Trouble is the commentary on here is so biased we never hear about the growth elsewhere to mitigate.

i put up a link for you this morning (seeing as you didn't, google is a fine thing) but it is of course open to anyone to post pro or anti. you included

you've never not been able to post, nor had a post removed. indeed don't think any posts have been removed off the thread for months and months

Not like me to stand up for Mantis but I think he’d be right to say the serious commentary is biased. The less serious “Brexit is like the millennium bug” type commentary is equally biased, the other way. The double standards is just a feature of all of the Brexit discussion, all the way from Parliament to Woodsey and Mantis.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: October 21, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »

Not like me to stand up for Mantis but I think he’d be right to say the serious commentary is biased. The less serious “Brexit is like the millennium bug” type commentary is equally biased, the other way. The double standards is just a feature of all of the Brexit discussion, all the way from Parliament to Woodsey and Mantis.

In case it wasn’t clear, I don’t think there’s any obligation on you to represent both sides of the discussion. We can ignore that a balanced position on this is impossible I guess.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: October 21, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

In case it wasn’t clear, I don’t think there’s any obligation on you to represent both sides of the discussion. We can ignore that a balanced position on this is impossible I guess.

Ha, it keeps making less sense :-). What I mean, is that you shouldn’t feel obliged to represent the side that everything measurable and quantifiable says is/will be worse.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: October 21, 2018, 01:36:52 PM »

In terms of balance prob makes a difference that the main man moderator tells people to fuck off and his political sidekick is a drunken troll. Folk undoubtedly keep opposing views to themselves.

Just saying if you lay the economic argument on super thick there needs to be recognition of economic opportunity. Humanitarian issues is a different subject. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: October 21, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »

In terms of balance prob makes a difference that the main man moderator tells people to fuck off and his political sidekick is a drunken troll. Folk undoubtedly keep opposing views to themselves.

Just saying if you lay the economic argument on super thick there needs to be recognition of economic opportunity. Humanitarian issues is a different subject. 

So you think people should just accept your relentless ignorance?

Let’s look at just this post, although everything you post is pretty vulnerable to criticism.

1: Tighty and myself disagree about nearly everything politically.
2: I’m not really a troll and spend <1% of my life drunk.
3: I actively encourage people with different views to post, so does Tighty.

As always you’re wrong about nearly everything, mostly in ways we can provide evidence to establish a decent standard of proof. Number 2, we can’t but I’m not sure we need to ( the reasonable people can have my word on it) I personally think drunkenly abusing the trolls very occasionally is not so bad, there are certainly worse vices.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: October 21, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »

Let’s look at just this post, although everything you post is pretty vulnerable to criticism.

As always you’re wrong about nearly everything, mostly in ways we can provide evidence to establish a decent standard of proof. Number 2, we can’t but I’m not sure we need to ( the reasonable people can have my word on it) I personally think drunkenly abusing the trolls very occasionally is not so bad, there are certainly worse vices.

On the ‘economic argument’, it’s about net result isn’t it. If bad outweighs good, that’s bad. (no numbers, to accommodate your preference)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: October 21, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »

Just saying...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »

Just saying...

:-)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14770 on: October 21, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »

If anyone else needs a drunken sidekick I am available.

I don't actually drink alcohol but that's only a fact, surely no one will care in this thread.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: October 21, 2018, 02:49:39 PM »

I don't actually drink alcohol but that's only a fact, surely no one will care in this thread.

Have you always been teetotal?

Totally unrelated but do you really think both ‘sides’ of the recent discussions on here have disregard for ‘facts’?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14772 on: October 21, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »

Have you always been teetotal?

Totally unrelated but do you really think both ‘sides’ of the recent discussions on here have disregard for ‘facts’?

Total honesty, (& teetotal sobriety now).

I have always been crap at imbibing alcohol. I do have the very occasional drink, but any more than one and I feel start to feel gammy.

I know that people often feel bad after they've been drinking, but I feel bad while I'm doing it.

As for the thread, I actually think that both sides make some excellent points and I've learned a huge amount.

It's a shame when we resort to nastiness and name calling, but never the less I still think it's a worthwhile discussion. 

The older I get, the better I was.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: October 21, 2018, 03:03:06 PM »

On the ‘economic argument’, it’s about net result isn’t it. If bad outweighs good, that’s bad. (no numbers, to accommodate your preference)

I usually agree with most of what you write, but that seems like a dangerous utilitarian view that I’m surprised to see from you.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: October 21, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »

I usually agree with most of what you write, but that seems like a dangerous utilitarian view that I’m surprised to see from you.

I think I oversimplified, (M01) was the target audience. I will explain later but I’m about 30 secs away from running out of battery.
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 983 984 [985] 986 987 988 989 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: