blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2199513 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16680 on: March 08, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »

I remain amazed people take offence full stop.

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

Now coloured is rude and we are as Amy would say, back to black.

Why in its very description is it offensive to anyone?

I am white, and always have been, apart from the odd pink moment.

It's all BS , pretty much designed for those that want to take offence to find a reason to.

Because we have raised a generation of snowflake pussies, that’s the long and short of it......last time I looked I wasn’t even white, not that I give a shit ....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:41:38 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #16681 on: March 08, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

It's all BS , pretty much designed for those that want to take offence to find a reason to.

The point I was attempting to make is that "coloured" is wrong whereas "people of colour" seems to be acceptable.

"Black" has always been fine as long as it was used properly.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16682 on: March 08, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

The point I was attempting to make is that "coloured" is wrong whereas "people of colour" seems to be acceptable.

We need an official list of stuff like this that updated every month so us old school types are at least aware of what the latest fad is as the whining snowflakes push their agenda 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #16683 on: March 08, 2019, 06:32:39 PM »

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #16684 on: March 08, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »

The one I didn’t know was that “oriental” is not to be used especially in America.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16685 on: March 08, 2019, 06:35:19 PM »

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.

Don’t even get me started on why the N word is acceptable for black people to say and no one else. A word is either acceptable or it isn’t.....and no I don’t accept the bullshit reasons that usually get presented when this arises.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16686 on: March 08, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »

The one I didn’t know was that “oriental” is not to be used especially in America.

Didn’t know that either. They use Asians for that over there, for us it obviously mostly means people of Indian/Pakistani etc origin.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #16687 on: March 08, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »

This came as a bit of a shock to me, since my understanding is that it means “of the east”. I got told it was a no-no, but noone could explain why.

In Canada, east Indian was the term used for people from the Indian sub-continent, simply to avoid confusion with the native Indians of North America.

It’s just so fkn tiring to have to remember all this stuff.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16688 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

I rest my case.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16689 on: March 08, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16690 on: March 08, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

I am white and get referred to as white, that doesn’t annoy me in the slightest even though I’m not actually white, I guess it’s because I’m not a whiney snowflake with nothing better to bitch about.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #16691 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:20 PM »

Wondering if Woodsey gets paid everytime he mentions 'snowflake' in a post Cheesy

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16692 on: March 08, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »

Wondering if Woodsey gets paid everytime he mentions 'snowflake' in a post Cheesy

Give me a better word and I’ll use it mate, it’s quite nice having a newish single word that saves a full sentence of writing  Wink
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16693 on: March 08, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »

Pretty sure when i was a kid, blacks was ok, even to the then black people. Then as a young man it was coloured,  as someone determined black was rude.

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

I am white and get referred to as white, that doesn’t annoy me in the slightest even though I’m not actually white, I guess it’s because I’m not a whiney snowflake with nothing better to bitch about.......

whines Woodsey?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16694 on: March 08, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »

I agree.  Never been sure why “people of colour” is okay but “coloured” is bad.  Isn’t the reason it is bad because it implies that there is white and non-white which lumps billions of people in together verses whitey?  Not sure how people of colour changes that implication:I avoid both to be safe.

I read this one.   People of colour defines them as people first, coloured defines them as a colour.  Hope that doesn't annoy you too much.

whines Woodsey?

No whine from me mate.....
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 1116 1117 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: