blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 1153 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191921 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17220 on: May 03, 2019, 10:30:23 PM »

As an aside from all other stuff, I’m amazed how easy it is for the govt to sack people and get away with it. If we want to do it in the corporate world it’s mostly a long process showing that people are missing KPI’s over a period of time, usually 6 months at least. The exception is gross misconduct but you need clear evidence to do that. Not just talking about the Gav Will case but just the general revolving door of govt where people regularly get slung out, I’m amazed that there hasn’t really been any/many high profile court cases taking the govt to court for dismissals.....Unless there is some behind the scenes payoffs going on or they are simply grateful to still have a decent paying job as a backbencher after being slung........
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: May 03, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

As an aside from all other stuff, I’m amazed how easy it is for the govt to sack people and get away with it. If we want to do it in the corporate world it’s mostly a long process showing that people are missing KPI’s over a period of time, usually 6 months at least. The exception is gross misconduct but you need clear evidence to do that. Not just talking about the Gav Will case but just the general revolving door of govt where people regularly get slung out, I’m amazed that there hasn’t really been any/many high profile court cases taking the govt to court for dismissals.....Unless there is some behind the scenes payoffs going on or they are simply grateful to still have a decent paying job as a backbencher after being slung........

I am sure I read he got a £17k payoff, which he was entitled to under "the rules".  I assume they have a whole host of non-standard rules, as it isn't normal employment.  I haven't checked though.   I assume that if he wasn't entitled to it, somebody on the other side would have pointed out which rule was broken by making the payoff.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: May 03, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »

I am sure I read he got a £17k payoff, which he was entitled to under "the rules".  I assume they have a whole host of non-standard rules, as it isn't normal employment.  I haven't checked though.   I assume that if he wasn't entitled to it, somebody on the other side would have pointed out which rule was broken by making the payoff.

So a paupers version of a football managers pay off  Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: May 04, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »

Five tedious weeks of Tory-Labour Brexit talks have produced little more than their own two original customs plans, both of which the EU has already rejected

(we are headed to begging for another extension in October)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: May 04, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »

This is 7 mins long

but i think its excellent, as is JO'B.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1124331359823069186

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: May 04, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »

This is 7 mins long

but i think its excellent, as is JO'B.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1124331359823069186

He's not wrong. What a shower.

Boris is just LOL

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: May 05, 2019, 11:11:29 AM »

The Brexit Party is going to carry all before it in the European elections, think that almost goes without saying

Farage a good campaigner, simple message, one party..unlike remain who are not co-operating, complicated branding etc

but https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/local-elections-brexit-remain-labour-conservatives-lib-dems-greens-ukip-a8899596.html

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: May 05, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »

but listen to who?

the local election results either a protest against delayed brexit or a protest against brexit..depends what you read!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: May 05, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »

Peston highlights the Labour issues

"These are the most extraordinary local elections of my lifetime. The Tories’ loss of more than 1000 councillors is way worse than the gloomiest projections. And yet Labour should be as depressed as the government - because the fact that it is losing more than 100..."

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1124349973963866113

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: May 05, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »

A cynical Westminster fix won’t end the Brexit nightmares of May and Corbyn

Britain is repelled by both the main parties that have dominated its politics for the past century

Andrew Rawnsley

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/05/cynical-westminster-fix-wont-end-brexit-nightmares-of-may-and-corbyn

My eyes are open wide
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: May 05, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »

The Brexit Party is going to carry all before it in the European elections, think that almost goes without saying

Farage a good campaigner, simple message, one party..unlike remain who are not co-operating, complicated branding etc

but https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/local-elections-brexit-remain-labour-conservatives-lib-dems-greens-ukip-a8899596.html

The irony of it all.
Farage leading an openly anti-EU party with the majority of UK MEPs whilst the HoC slowly gets on with Project Remain.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: May 08, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »

Failure to deliver Brexit is a democratic disaster: https://news.sky.com/story/amp/trumpism-is-coming-to-britain-and-nigel-farage-is-leading-the-charge-11714025

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: May 08, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »

but

parliament reflects public opinion – no majority for any option https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/the-telegraph-voting-intention-and-brexit-poll-april-2019/

The paradox being that the most unacceptable (net) outcome is what actually happened – long delay to discuss customs union

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: May 08, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »

I think it is a reasonable (although not infallible) strategic calculation that the more votes the Brexit Party in the Euros gets the less likely Brexit is.

The stronger no deal is on the right the more likely we are to push the Commons to choose between no deal and no Brexit/second referendum.

which is now being discussed as the Farage Paradox

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: May 08, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »

Leave without a deal now on 28% support among public with yougov
15% in London (40% Leave),
18% in Scotland (38% Leave),
18% in Wales (52% Leave)
30% in North of England.

Brexit Party can top poll on 28% (4.5m to 5m votes) but the above applies, currently

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 1153 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: