blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194920 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18105 on: June 16, 2019, 11:03:17 AM »

No view from me but interested.

Do you think the BBC in its coverage and journalism around Brexit (guest lists, editorial etc) is pro-Brexit, pro-Rmeain or balanced?

what is the defining evidence for your view if you think it is pro one way or the other?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: June 16, 2019, 11:13:02 AM »

it is precisely the opposite.

No, you are twisting what you originally asked to suit your agenda, you didn’t ask about how easy it was to deliver Brexit.....the answer to that question is different.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: June 16, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »

My solution :

Give the next leader and Parliament a final chance to finalise a deal.

Warn MP’s that if they don’t vote for the deal it’s a referendum on Remain or No Deal on WTO terms. The middle ground is impossible to secure if the clowns in Westminster can’t see the wood for the trees.

Hopefully that would put enough pressure on the softer Brexit supporters in all parties to vote a deal through.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18108 on: June 16, 2019, 12:05:25 PM »

My solution :

Warn MP’s that if they don’t vote for the deal it’s a referendum on Remain or No Deal on WTO terms. The middle ground is impossible to secure if the clowns in Westminster can’t see the wood for the trees.

Hopefully that would put enough pressure on the softer Brexit supporters in all parties to vote a deal through.

you mean the current WA deal thats failed to get through 3 times?

or another deal? what would that other deal exclude or include that May's one didn't? (Boris would say the backstop, but it just doesn't seem feasible the EU would hang Ireland out to dry)

as the EU has disbanded its negotiating team, and there is no new Commission until 1st November, who might the new PM negotiate a deal with to send back to parliament? 

I do think "holding MPs feet to the fire"via "well its a remain or no deal 2nd ref then" is interesting as a last resort, but not sure how we get there.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: June 16, 2019, 02:02:36 PM »

My solution :

or another deal? what would that other deal exclude or include that May's one didn't? (Boris would say the backstop, but it just doesn't seem feasible the EU would hang Ireland out to dry)

as the EU has disbanded its negotiating team, and there is no new Commission until 1st November, who might the new PM negotiate a deal with to send back to parliament? 

I do think "holding MPs feet to the fire"via "well its a remain or no deal 2nd ref then" is interesting as a last resort, but not sure how we get there.

The EU may be open to some sort of amendments according to Hunt.

You may say he is being wildly optimistic. I’m sure Mrs Merkel would find a way to flex Germany’s muscle and influence if there were genuine tweaks that could help get a deal through and keep the interests of EU/Ireland in tact. They really do need a deal as this is shit timing with Germany on the verge of recession.

The new leader has to be given the opportunity though.

At some point this has to come to an end. The “vote for this deal (even though if similar deals failed before) or its a no deal/remain referendum” option might just get it over the line.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: June 16, 2019, 03:56:53 PM »

My solution :

It’s kinda pointless analysing the landscape or more appropriately the wreckage of poor negotiations. Particularly because the most important variable ie the leader of those negotiations has changed.

Fosho when you have a weak negotiator who can’t bring people together or even agree common ground with the oppo for national interests, or even have a conviction to leave, coupled with a spiteful slime ball attitude from the other side you will have problems. Weakness is continuing to lament those problems and saying there is no way forward. The other side love that kind of fighting talk.

So for eg there’s lol no new commission till nov 1st Huh? New leader employs team of shit hot business deal crackers, the best, rhetoric & conviction about being forced to leave with no deal based on not recognising historic agreements from old regimes and nobody available to discuss. Ireland? Well we won’t be implementing a border and nobody available so we’ll just crack on with freedom for Irish folk.

When all the pain rains on Eu peoples who is responsible cos of no new commission available to discuss with our new leader?? Hey presto new commission will be at our service. So why shrug these problems and play victim? Only compounds our weakness.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: June 16, 2019, 04:14:34 PM »

My solution :

It’s kinda pointless analysing the landscape or more appropriately the wreckage of poor negotiations. Particularly because the most important variable ie the leader of those negotiations has changed.

Fosho when you have a weak negotiator who can’t bring people together or even agree common ground with the oppo for national interests, or even have a conviction to leave, coupled with a spiteful slime ball attitude from the other side you will have problems. Weakness is continuing to lament those problems and saying there is no way forward. The other side love that kind of fighting talk.

So for eg there’s lol no new commission till nov 1st Huh? New leader employs team of shit hot business deal crackers, the best, rhetoric & conviction about being forced to leave with no deal based on not recognising historic agreements from old regimes and nobody available to discuss. Ireland? Well we won’t be implementing a border and nobody available so we’ll just crack on with freedom for Irish folk.

When all the pain rains on Eu peoples who is responsible cos of no new commission available to discuss with our new leader?? Hey presto new commission will be at our service. So why shrug these problems and play victim? Only compounds our weakness.

It reads like a Trump tweet. The funny thing is, there are people in the Conservative Party whose understanding isn’t much better, those people will soon hold the balance of power.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #18112 on: June 16, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

My solution :

It reads like a Trump tweet. The funny thing is, there are people in the Conservative Party whose understanding isn’t much better, those people will soon hold the balance of power.

I wouldn't be quite that harsh - it's slightly more coherent than Trump.

But the central plank of, "...Particularly because the most important variable ie the leader of those negotiations has changed..." is extremely questionable.

If both sides have about equal weight then sure, how good the negotiators are makes the difference. But in this sort of situation where the other side are in a much stronger position, then nothing much will change it.

The only difference that personnel could make is if we had someone super likeable - then we might have had a chance of getting extra flexibility as a result of them just liking our team. Can't see many people in Parliament that could really fit that bill at the moment let alone anyone who is likely to end up being in a position to do anything about it.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: June 16, 2019, 04:41:22 PM »

Fair point, I guess I meant it was Trump like in terms of having no grasp/understanding of the situation. No doubt Mantis has more talent for creative writing than The Donald.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: June 16, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »

My rudimentary understanding is that we need to find a way forward.

Which of these statements contributes something constructive...

a) use change of leadership as leverage, employ negotiation experts, have conviction in outcomes

b) talk to who? There isn’t a new commission until Nov 1st.

c) it reads like a Trump tweet

People are free to judge who’s the most tuned in and who’d they’d prefer in the negotiating room

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: June 16, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »

My rudimentary understanding is that we need to find a way forward.

Which of these statements contributes something constructive...

a) use change of leadership as leverage, employ negotiation experts, have conviction in outcomes

b) talk to who? There isn’t a new commission until Nov 1st.

c) it reads like a Trump tweet

People are free to judge who’s the most tuned in and who’d they’d prefer in the negotiating room

It would be the best TV ever if they did another Storyville with Guy Verhofstadt and Boris and Mantis arrived as the negotiators.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: June 16, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »

I don’t think you would make much progress as the negotiator kuku 

As Jon MW pointed out being likeable is important

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: June 16, 2019, 06:50:20 PM »

This is the 3rd lead in a row for the Brexit Party

The big question for the next Conservative leader, in many ways THE question, is how to get a 24% vote down below 5% ...

Brexit Party 24% (-2)
Cons 21% (+4)
Labour 21% (+2)
Lib Dem 19% (-3)

YouGov (change Jun 10)

Are you watching the Tory leadership debate Richard?  Wink
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: June 16, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

The big question for the next Conservative leader, in many ways THE question, is how to get a 24% vote down below 5% ...

Brexit Party 24% (-2)
Cons 21% (+4)
Labour 21% (+2)
Lib Dem 19% (-3)

YouGov (change Jun 10)

So, the whole purpose of the question was to highlight that only delivering Brexit can resolve their problem, yet it is undeliverable. Having not understood, it’s not a great spot for you to be feeling smug.

Also, thinking that Conservative MP’s agreeing with you lends your point credibility 😂
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18119 on: June 16, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »

Brexit Party 24% (-2)
Cons 21% (+4)
Labour 21% (+2)
Lib Dem 19% (-3)

YouGov (change Jun 10)

So, the whole purpose of the question was to highlight that only delivering Brexit can resolve their problem, yet it is undeliverable. Having not understood, it’s not a great spot for you to be feeling smug.

Also, thinking that Conservative MP’s agreeing with you lends your point credibility 😂

Then he should have asked his true intended question first up, not a different one with an ulterior motive. And yes one of these cons MP’s will be next PM so there is more credibility than the clown you would like in number 10  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:24:50 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: