blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2192055 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18135 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. /quote]

No it wasn't. There was literally no point in the tv audience being there, because the host was pretty much asking all the questions.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: June 16, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »

The reason EU know No Deal is off the table is because whining remoaners played their hand face up, marv

Oh and Stewart is toast.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: June 16, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »

The reason is the EU know Parliament won't allow no deal, so there is no leverage in using it as a tactic. Never was.

Plenty of leavers in Parliament won't contemplate no deal anyway and especially once she lost her majority the EU was home and hosed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: June 16, 2019, 08:15:19 PM »

I love the fact plenty on here think that TM stating no one else can get a deal, or believing the press, who say no one else can get a deal, is the FACT, end of the line, game over.

If you beleived everyone who had effectively been fired from their job for sticking to their guns right to the end that they did the best possible job, and no one could possibly do better, no one would ever get fired.

I am still not sure the wishlist of Brexit requirements I spoke of, a few pages back, were all the things TM had got accepted, because if she had them all ticked I can't see anyone arguing that we hadn't got what we wanted.

In essence, I am sure the next PM will do far better at negotiating and defo get a better deal, despite the doubters who say it is impossible.

Anyone who thinks taking no deal off the table is a good idea is clueless when it comes to negotiations......that was the worst thing ever, we were fked as soon as that transpired. Only remainers wanting to thwart the process could have thought it was a good idea.

I'd say believing in no deal is even more clueless and that old chestnut about remainers thwarting everything. It is a fact that if all those that wanted Brexit to happen had voted for the deal, we would have left.

As for something even more clueless, people believing some bloke is going to get another deal to the one we already have, needs to see a doctor.

You are completely missing the point, it’s not about aiming for no deal, it’s about saying if you don’t give us a deal that’s fair for us then we will take no deal instead, the old ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’, taking no deal off the table was negotiation suicide. You might argue we can’t improve on what’s on the table but we don’t honestly know until we seriously test them, anyone that disagrees with that knows fk all about negotiations.

Even then if we drop out on no deal that’s not the end of it, they will want to ensure there is as little damage to their economies as possible, so other negotiations will happen to make other deals sensible for both sides.....

Everyone blames Theresa and the cabinet for apparently taking no-deal of the table, but it's parliament itself that's blocking that and EU know it will be blocked. So how can we put the EU in such a position when they know the reality of it being blocked?

It doesn’t matter who is blocking it, they should sort their shit out because they (mostly remainers) are weakening our position because they are trying to block Brexit. The EU are loving this split opinion across the country because it increases the chance that we remain because it’s better for them. It might focus their mind if they saw the country was united behind Brexit! (Never gonna happen but our best chance of a fair deal)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: June 16, 2019, 08:16:25 PM »

The reason EU know No Deal is off the table is because whining remoaners played their hand face up, marv

Oh and Stewart is toast.

You wouldn't be moaning about it being blocked if the deal was even worse than it currently is. You'd be applauding the woman who got it through.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: June 16, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but oneormaybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in party because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

He’s toast next vote stop dreaming 

Stewart? Why am I dreaming? He has kiboshed everyone's campaign bar Boris set up as a real political heavyweight and future leader. A fine campaign

Because he’s soft on Brexit, he’s gone trust me. That’s even before you factor in that he looks like a weird fker  
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: June 16, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »

I love the fact plenty on here think that TM stating no one else can get a deal, or believing the press, who say no one else can get a deal, is the FACT, end of the line, game over.

If you beleived everyone who had effectively been fired from their job for sticking to their guns right to the end that they did the best possible job, and no one could possibly do better, no one would ever get fired.

I am still not sure the wishlist of Brexit requirements I spoke of, a few pages back, were all the things TM had got accepted, because if she had them all ticked I can't see anyone arguing that we hadn't got what we wanted.

In essence, I am sure the next PM will do far better at negotiating and defo get a better deal, despite the doubters who say it is impossible.

Anyone who thinks taking no deal off the table is a good idea is clueless when it comes to negotiations......that was the worst thing ever, we were fked as soon as that transpired. Only remainers wanting to thwart the process could have thought it was a good idea.

I'd say believing in no deal is even more clueless and that old chestnut about remainers thwarting everything. It is a fact that if all those that wanted Brexit to happen had voted for the deal, we would have left.

As for something even more clueless, people believing some bloke is going to get another deal to the one we already have, needs to see a doctor.

You are completely missing the point, it’s not about aiming for no deal, it’s about saying if you don’t give us a deal that’s fair for us then we will take no deal instead, the old ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’, taking no deal off the table was negotiation suicide. You might argue we can’t improve on what’s on the table but we don’t honestly know until we seriously test them, anyone that disagrees with that knows fk all about negotiations.

Even then if we drop out on no deal that’s not the end of it, they will want to ensure there is as little damage to their economies as possible, so other negotiations will happen to make other deals sensible for both sides.....

Everyone blames Theresa and the cabinet for apparently taking no-deal of the table, but it's parliament itself that's blocking that and EU know it will be blocked. So how can we put the EU in such a position when they know the reality of it being blocked?

It doesn’t matter who is blocking it, they should sort their shit out because they (mostly remainers) are weakening our position because they are trying to block Brexit. The EU are loving this split opinion across the country because it increases the chance that we remain because it’s better for them. It might focus their mind if they saw the country was united behind Brexit! (Never gonna happen but our best chance of a fair deal)

May never sought compromise, to bring remainers on board to provide unity. Her red lines were anti-remain, fair enough but she did nothing to build consensus in parliament before she started negotiating.

I do think history will record bewilderment that the deal couldn't be voted through though. It wasn't nearly as bad as the huge consensus suggests.

We'd be out now, for starters with Ireland to resolve down the line
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:22:01 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: June 16, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but oneormaybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in party because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

Stewart? Why am I dreaming? He has kiboshed everyone's campaign bar Boris set up as a real political heavyweight and future leader. A fine campaign

Because he’s soft on Brexit, he’s gone trust me. That’s even before you factor in that he looks like a weird fker 

I am not talking about being PM now, looking a year or two down the road when Brexit resolves (no need to argue if it resolves well or badly, we know what's most likely) , he's got a great shot of getting the lot.

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: June 16, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »

I am not talking about being PM now, looking a year or two down the road when Brexit resolves (no need to argue if it resolves well or badly, we know what's most likely) , he's got a great shot of getting the lot.

Ok, Fair shout as he is clearly on the more middle ground of the Tory party....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:25:07 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: June 16, 2019, 08:26:27 PM »

Seems rather pathetic for to have an empty podium

At least they didn’t have a tub of lard...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: June 16, 2019, 08:28:06 PM »

Oh and Stewart is toast.

You wouldn't be moaning about it being blocked if the deal was even worse than it currently is. You'd be applauding the woman who got it through.

I don’t think anybody in the Remain camp should even offer opinions about the negotiations mate

It’s like giving turkeys the vote for Christmas and them reasoning it wasn’t sabotage, best decision possible, gobble gobble

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: June 16, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »

This is why I am surprised so few people challenge you and just accept all you say.

I am just not seeing this one bit.*

*I may well be wrong, but refuse to just fall in line because Tighty wrote it. Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: June 16, 2019, 08:43:58 PM »

May never sought compromise, to bring remainers on board to provide unity. Her red lines were anti-remain, fair enough but she did nothing to build consensus in parliament before she started negotiating.

I do think history will record bewilderment that the deal couldn't be voted through though. It wasn't nearly as bad as the huge consensus suggests.

We'd be out now, for starters with Ireland to resolve down the line

Parliament should have voted it through. Both the large parties should hang their heads in shame but its sickening that Labour MP’s voted on party political lines rather than in the national interest. Total disgrace.

I agree Stewart seems a genuinely decent bloke and the country needs a moderate party in power. We don’t need right wing Tories or left wing Corbyn anywhere near No 10.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:45:31 PM by RickBFA » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: June 16, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »

Quite mad that most of the candidates advocated for the current deal but now have to pretend to do something about it. In the timescale I'd accept we won't be able to renegotiate the backstop but ultra defeatist to think this could never be opened up for discussion. The real problem with spending time doing this is it makes no difference to just about anything.

This is why I really detest the labour approach - I can vaguely understand the notional principles that has 30 or so Tory nutters never going for this deal. What Labour genuinely objects to, other than Brexit itself, still eludes me

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: June 16, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »

I am not asking you to and wouldn't expect you to.

He's not from the hard Brexit viewpoint, so wouldn't appeal

I would expect him to be in the next debate now though. Him against boris will be a good watch, he can take the gloves off and try to land some haymakers
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:47:10 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: