blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2193253 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18150 on: June 16, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »

Agree with Tighty that Stewart massively more authentic than any of the others. Hunt, maybe even the Saj, most likely to be the beneficiary of moderate Tory votes, driven by the kind of arguments Stewart makes,

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: June 16, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »

Quite mad that most of the candidates advocated for the current deal but now have to pretend to do something about it. In the timescale I'd accept we won't be able to renegotiate the backstop but ultra defeatist to think this could never be opened up for discussion. The real problem with spending time doing this is it makes no difference to just about anything.

This is why I really detest the labour approach - I can vaguely understand the notional principles that has 30 or so Tory nutters never going for this deal. What Labour genuinely objects to, other than Brexit itself, still eludes me

And the interesting thing is it looks like the electorate hates them sitting on the fence. So they are contaminated by the failure of the thing so far too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: June 16, 2019, 08:56:40 PM »

Watching this a bit after broadcast - what idiot thought the question 'describe a weakness' was worth a shot.

The most ridic interview question ever

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: June 16, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »

Agree with Tighty that Stewart massively more authentic than any of the others. Hunt, maybe even the Saj, most likely to be the beneficiary of moderate Tory votes, driven by the kind of arguments Stewart makes,

I saw him on Marr this morning.

Straight taking and actually answers the questions unlike most politicians. Interesting personal history. He makes you feel like you can trust him IMO - most politicians have the oppose effect on people.

I hope he gets stuck into Boris because in a debate he will run rings round boris’ bullshit.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »

Dont forget though guys....

Only 5 weeks till their well deserved summer break...

God bless them all.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18155 on: June 16, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »

I saw him on Marr this morning.

Straight taking and actually answers the questions unlike most politicians. Interesting personal history. He makes you feel like you can trust him IMO - most politicians have the oppose effect on people.

I hope he gets stuck into Boris because in a debate he will run rings round boris’ bullshit.

Dude has a hell of a wikipedia page, speaks 7 languages and delivered his own child for starters.

Will Boris do a debate when he gets heads-up?
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: June 17, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but oneormaybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in party because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

He’s toast next vote stop dreaming 

Stewart? Why am I dreaming? He has kiboshed everyone's campaign bar Boris set up as a real political heavyweight and future leader. A fine campaign

Because he’s soft on Brexit, he’s gone trust me. That’s even before you factor in that he looks like a weird fker  

I might be wrong but I don't think he is that soft on Brexit.

He has ruled out a second referendum for one. Not sure anyone else has done that.

The thing that makes him appear "soft" is that he has also ruled out a no deal Brexit. I think that is just more being realistic than soft as that option is just never getting through parliament.

If I was on the hardcore Brexit side then my number one priority would be making sure whoever is in charge doesnt hold a second referendum as that's the only way Brexit doesn't happen (in some form).
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: June 18, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
King-Nigel" border="0
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18158 on: June 18, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »

Would you rather have Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson?

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: June 18, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »

Would you rather have Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson?

It’s a desperate spot for the country, I guess we should just be grateful that neither will ever be able to command a majority in Parliament. If you had to pick, it’s Boris but he doesn’t have a single redeeming characteristic.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: June 18, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »

I’d love to see the questions script that produced that result.

Some more results of what appears to be the same survey. Even Michael Gove gets a 50% ‘good’ rating.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/17/three-quarters-conservative-party-members-think-bo
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 10:05:12 AM by Pokerpops » Logged

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: June 18, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »

Some more results of what appears to be the same survey. Even Michael Gove gets a 50% ‘good’ rating.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/17/three-quarters-conservative-party-members-think-bo

It is just good, so it isn't some ringing endorsement.  The ordering is pretty sad; I'd say that Stewart and Gove are probably the most realistic of the candidates.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: June 18, 2019, 10:28:18 AM »

Question was:-

Please imagine that Nigel Farage joined the
Conservative Party and stood in the leadership
contest, how happy or unhappy would you be if
he became the next leader of the Conservative
Party?

Full results here - https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/mxtlaay6zu/YouGov%20-%20Conservative%20members%20poll%20190614.pdf

Good to see YouGov asking the tough questions we all want answers too...

Imagine you live in the land of Oz, and the
candidates are the Tin Man, who's all brains and
no heart, and the Scarecrow, who's all heart and
no brains. Who would you vote for?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »

Interesting last part of the Thatcher documentary last night.

Commentary concluded that her Bruges speech 30yrs ago put us on the road to Brexit and there is still simmering resentment in EU circles today, hence the hardball approach...

https://www.ft.com/content/0b0afe92-ac40-11e8-8253-48106866cd8a

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: June 18, 2019, 10:49:08 AM »

i think this was the best Q and set of staggering responses in the survey

cliffs "Brexit and we burn the country"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: