blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2190510 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18120 on: June 16, 2019, 07:26:19 PM »

This is the 3rd lead in a row for the Brexit Party

The big question for the next Conservative leader, in many ways THE question, is how to get a 24% vote down below 5% ...

Brexit Party 24% (-2)
Cons 21% (+4)
Labour 21% (+2)
Lib Dem 19% (-3)

YouGov (change Jun 10)

Are you watching the Tory leadership debate Richard?  Wink

So, the whole purpose of the question was to highlight that only delivering Brexit can resolve their problem, yet it is undeliverable. Having not understood, it’s not a great spot for you to be feeling smug.

Also, thinking that Conservative MP’s agreeing with you lends your point credibility 😂

Then he should have asked his true intended question first up, not a different one with an alterior motive. And yes one of these con MP’s with be next PM so there is more credibility than the clown you would like in number 10  

To people who aren’t simpletons, the need to consider the practicality of any solution they suggest is a given.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: June 16, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »

This is the 3rd lead in a row for the Brexit Party

The big question for the next Conservative leader, in many ways THE question, is how to get a 24% vote down below 5% ...

Brexit Party 24% (-2)
Cons 21% (+4)
Labour 21% (+2)
Lib Dem 19% (-3)

YouGov (change Jun 10)

Are you watching the Tory leadership debate Richard?  Wink

So, the whole purpose of the question was to highlight that only delivering Brexit can resolve their problem, yet it is undeliverable. Having not understood, it’s not a great spot for you to be feeling smug.

Also, thinking that Conservative MP’s agreeing with you lends your point credibility 😂

Then he should have asked his true intended question first up, not a different one with an alterior motive. And yes one of these con MP’s with be next PM so there is more credibility than the clown you would like in number 10  

To people who aren’t simpletons, the need to consider the practicality of any solution they suggest is a given.

And we're back to name calling 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: June 16, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »

I love the fact plenty on here think that TM stating no one else can get a deal, or believing the press, who say no one else can get a deal, is the FACT, end of the line, game over.

If you beleived everyone who had effectively been fired from their job for sticking to their guns right to the end that they did the best possible job, and no one could possibly do better, no one would ever get fired.

I am still not sure the wishlist of Brexit requirements I spoke of, a few pages back, were all the things TM had got accepted, because if she had them all ticked I can't see anyone arguing that we hadn't got what we wanted.

In essence, I am sure the next PM will do far better at negotiating and defo get a better deal, despite the doubters who say it is impossible.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: June 16, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »

I love the fact plenty on here think that TM stating no one else can get a deal, or believing the press, who say no one else can get a deal, is the FACT, end of the line, game over.

If you beleived everyone who had effectively been fired from their job for sticking to their guns right to the end that they did the best possible job, and no one could possibly do better, no one would ever get fired.

I am still not sure the wishlist of Brexit requirements I spoke of, a few pages back, were all the things TM had got accepted, because if she had them all ticked I can't see anyone arguing that we hadn't got what we wanted.

In essence, I am sure the next PM will do far better at negotiating and defo get a better deal, despite the doubters who say it is impossible.

Anyone who thinks taking no deal off the table is a good idea is clueless when it comes to negotiations......that was the worst thing ever, we were fked as soon as that transpired. Only remainers wanting to thwart the process could have thought it was a good idea.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: June 16, 2019, 07:38:38 PM »

You think people believe a word TM said? She was literally saying at the same time to different people that revoke, 2ref and no deal were the only possible outcomes if her deal failed, a spectacularly thick and public exhibition of lying.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: June 16, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »

A change in representation from the EU side would also facilitate a solution

But hey, nobody gets a say in that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: June 16, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »

Seems rather pathetic for to have an empty podium

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: June 16, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »

Anyone who thinks taking no deal off the table is a good idea is clueless when it comes to negotiations......that was the worst thing ever, we were fked as soon as that transpired. Only remainers wanting to thwart the process could have thought it was a good idea.

I'd say believing in no deal is even more clueless and that old chestnut about remainers thwarting everything. It is a fact that if all those that wanted Brexit to happen had voted for the deal, we would have left.

As for something even more clueless, people believing some bloke is going to get another deal to the one we already have, needs to see a doctor.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: June 16, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »

May's deal was teh first stage to a hard Brexit, no customs union and no single market. Exactly what hard-line brexiters want.

Those in parliament wouldn't accept an Irish backstop, DUP included, so nixed it three times

They won't get better, in my opinion, and by voting it down risked losing it all.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18129 on: June 16, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »

I should say, wouldn't accept a backstop of indeterminate length.

As the technology does not exist yet to solve the border issue, it was hard to see how the EU could be persuaded to go for that in a deal (Malthouse compromise)

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: June 16, 2019, 08:02:23 PM »

I'd say believing in no deal is even more clueless and that old chestnut about remainers thwarting everything. It is a fact that if all those that wanted Brexit to happen had voted for the deal, we would have left.

As for something even more clueless, people believing some bloke is going to get another deal to the one we already have, needs to see a doctor.

You are completely missing the point, it’s not about aiming for no deal, it’s about saying if you don’t give us a deal that’s fair for us then we will take no deal instead, the old ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’, taking no deal off the table was negotiation suicide. You might argue we can’t improve on what’s on the table but we don’t honestly know until we seriously test them, anyone that disagrees with that knows fk all about negotiations.

Even then if we drop out on no deal that’s not the end of it, they will want to ensure there is as little damage to their economies as possible, so other negotiations will happen to make other deals sensible for both sides.....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:05:00 PM by Woodsey » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: June 16, 2019, 08:05:16 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but one or maybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in part because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: June 16, 2019, 08:06:07 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but oneormaybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in party because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

He’s toast next vote stop dreaming 
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: June 16, 2019, 08:08:00 PM »

You are completely missing the point, it’s not about aiming for no deal, it’s about saying if you don’t give us a deal that’s fair for us then we will take no deal instead, the old ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’, taking no deal off the table was negotiation suicide. You might argue we can’t improve on what’s on the table but we don’t honestly know until we seriously test them, anyone that disagrees with that knows fk all about negotiations.

Even then if we drop out on no deal that’s not the end of it, they will want to ensure there is as little damage to their economies as possible, so other negotiations will happen to make other deals sensible for both sides.....

Everyone blames Theresa and the cabinet for apparently taking no-deal of the table, but it's parliament itself that's blocking that and EU know it will be blocked. So how can we put the EU in such a position when they know the reality of it being blocked?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: June 16, 2019, 08:09:35 PM »

The leadership debate was fun. I can easily see Stewart being the next prime minister but oneormaybe leader of opposition then prime minister but two .

He's a game changer but think it needs, in party because of the membership voting base to go through Boris and brexit conclusion first, however that works out

He’s toast next vote stop dreaming 

Stewart? Why am I dreaming? He has kiboshed everyone's campaign bar Boris set up as a real political heavyweight and future leader. A fine campaign

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: