blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:49:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195465 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18540 on: July 01, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »

Parliament will find a way to block no-deal Brexit, says Forsyth https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9398378/boris-johnson-brexit-deal-mps/

(Bercow is going to Bercow)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18541 on: July 01, 2019, 02:52:09 PM »

Conservative England goes berserk. Cohen in the Observer on the rage that is blowing Boris Johnson to power and could well blow him to pieces

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/29/passions-blowing-boris-johnson-into-no-10-could-yet-bring-him-down

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18542 on: July 01, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »

Parliament will find a way to block no-deal Brexit, says Forsyth https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9398378/boris-johnson-brexit-deal-mps/

(Bercow is going to Bercow)

If the EU decided not to extend then the only way for anyone to avoid this would be to revoke at the 11th hour?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18543 on: July 01, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »

Listening to both Hunt and Johnson on Sky News, just makes me gasp realising that despite the difference in campaigns that Boris still remains clear favourite. I get what Tory members want and who they see can deliver it, but really?

Jeremy Hunt has proposed a clear and detailed plan, in't pushing no deal and isn't running with this utterly stupid idea of suspending parliament.

Boris Johnson is literally full of bluster, jitters and "erms" and his plans are utterly unbelievable.

The reality of it all still stands that the WA can't be reopened, so the chance of no-deal is as likely and unlikely with either potential leader. The difference in all of this is that a General election is just much more likely with Boris than Jeremy.

I just can't understand that bluster, confusion and racism is going to get into number 0, rather than someone with a much more detailed plan who's been in cabinet for some time. It's madness.

Jeremy will most certainly be getting my vote, reluctantly. 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18544 on: July 01, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »

I see the EU are all bickering again, this time negotiations about the new leaders have broken down in Strasbourg.

Such a workable union.

@aaron Boris is presenting a pretty ludicrous spending spree that doesn’t belong in reality...

...Hunt’s clear and detailed plan is spending a whole bunch more

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18545 on: July 01, 2019, 10:20:05 PM »

Listening to both Hunt and Johnson on Sky News, just makes me gasp realising that despite the difference in campaigns that Boris still remains clear favourite. I get what Tory members want and who they see can deliver it, but really?

Jeremy Hunt has proposed a clear and detailed plan, in't pushing no deal and isn't running with this utterly stupid idea of suspending parliament.

Boris Johnson is literally full of bluster, jitters and "erms" and his plans are utterly unbelievable.

The reality of it all still stands that the WA can't be reopened, so the chance of no-deal is as likely and unlikely with either potential leader. The difference in all of this is that a General election is just much more likely with Boris than Jeremy.

I just can't understand that bluster, confusion and racism is going to get into number 0, rather than someone with a much more detailed plan who's been in cabinet for some time. It's madness.

It’s surprising that you are a member of the Conservative Party.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18546 on: July 01, 2019, 10:29:12 PM »

Essentially I'm not - just signed up 9 months ago, because a leadership contest looked v-likely
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18547 on: July 01, 2019, 10:35:51 PM »

Jeremy Hunt's plan seems to be taking a ludicrous arbitrary deadline and simultaneously arguing he will extend the deadline in some circumstances and shorten it to end of September in others.

I don't doubt that these people are more cleverer than we give them credit for and that they have decent skills in many areas but his plan is not a plan, it's just a wish and his claim that the EU will make changes purely on the back of his self declared brilliance as a negotiator is too laughable.

Remain depressed by the campaigning by both boiling down to utterly pointless promises, that may belong in a party election manifesto, but make no sense when just trying to bribe 160k members.

Neither has a plan for Brexit of any substance, just a question of who will be at the helm when the inevitable back pedaling starts sometime in mid October.

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18548 on: July 01, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »

Jeremy Hunt's plan seems to be taking a ludicrous arbitrary deadline and simultaneously arguing he will extend the deadline in some circumstances and shorten it to end of September in others.

I don't doubt that these people are more cleverer than we give them credit for and that they have decent skills in many areas but his plan is not a plan, it's just a wish and his claim that the EU will make changes purely on the back of his self declared brilliance as a negotiator is too laughable.

Remain depressed by the campaigning by both boiling down to utterly pointless promises, that may belong in a party election manifesto, but make no sense when just trying to bribe 160k members.

Neither has a plan for Brexit of any substance, just a question of who will be at the helm when the inevitable back pedaling starts sometime in mid October.

I would imagine the back peddling will happen well before October - Even earlier with Boris because his meddling and threatening will not have gone down well with the EU and can't see them even trying to negotiate with him. Hunt might be seen in a different light though.

I can only see a deal getting throigh with Hunt, him essentially getting small niggly bits onto the WA which would just get enough MP's to finally vote it through.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18549 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »

I would imagine the back peddling will happen well before October - Even earlier with Boris because his meddling and threatening will not have gone down well with the EU and can't see them even trying to negotiate with him. Hunt might be seen in a different light though.

I can only see a deal getting throigh with Hunt, him essentially getting small niggly bits onto the WA which would just get enough MP's to finally vote it through.

You may be right. Neither of them inspire me with any confidence really

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18550 on: July 02, 2019, 06:25:12 AM »

This doesn’t surprise me much - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/racist-pensioner-who-told-woman-17294469

Not quite sure what a fine achieves here either
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: July 02, 2019, 06:37:50 AM »

Aaron is a mirror reading Tory, well well well......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: July 02, 2019, 07:24:32 AM »

Aaron is a mirror reading Tory, well well well......

Reading The Mirror is a terrible idea, that part is simple. I’m still trying to figure what I think of joining the party to get a say in the leadership election. Obviously it corrupts the process but the process is already beyond ridiculous (160k picking the PM in a party that hasn’t commanded any sort of meaningful majority since the 1990’s), so I guess I’m OK with it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18553 on: July 02, 2019, 07:31:12 AM »

The leadership campaign seems to be like the referendum all over again. Rediculous claims and promises that can't possibly be delivered.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 07:33:57 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: July 02, 2019, 07:34:41 AM »

Essentially I'm not - just signed up 9 months ago, because a leadership contest looked v-likely

Real democracy in action eh Aaron?

Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: