blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2192081 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18510 on: June 28, 2019, 12:11:02 PM »

Good to see Morrissey chiming in with some hot political takes.

Full interview transcript is here:-

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

He supports For Britain who I know next to nothing about other than they were too racist for Farage. The interview is a whole lot of rambling self absorbed nonsense. I don't know why I read it.

“If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

I have a friend that I consider to be very thoughtful/intelligent, every now and then he says something very similar to that last sentence, it’s not great 🤦‍♂️.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18511 on: June 28, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »

Captions for either of these?

Osaka summit today

There's nobody here, it's just you and me
It's where I want to be....

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18512 on: June 28, 2019, 05:26:54 PM »

Good to see Morrissey chiming in with some hot political takes.

Full interview transcript is here:-

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

He supports For Britain who I know next to nothing about other than they were too racist for Farage. The interview is a whole lot of rambling self absorbed nonsense. I don't know why I read it.

“If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

I heard someone say they had a scale for the biggest c**** in the World.  It was ranked from 1 to 10, where Morrisey was a 10.  He said he had to make it logarithmic, so that others could begin getting scores at 8.  It must be sad for his fans how he has turned out, but the signs were always there. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18513 on: June 29, 2019, 12:00:05 AM »

Just reading through media and social media and in all of this, I’ve never really believed the hype of us being a country in crisis. We aren’t rioting, unemployment is still going down, we’re still a very developed nation & the economy is fairly steady. We’re not in crisis.

Essentially we have gone backwards because the hatefulness & backward thinking folk got Brexit over the line. If Brexit does happen, we are of course going to go backwards even more, despite the progress before 2016. We’ve sat and seen ourselves as a country that isn’t racist and live off the world seeing us as polite old England, but the vote told us the opposite. The hateful agendas of those that got Brexit over the line is seeing us seen differently. Not that it matters.

What is more important is that nothing can really change from Brexit. People have warped minds if they think migration/immigration is going to stop, £39bn won’t be paid, it will be paid & if some of it isn’t, Will it all go to benefit us? Of course it won’t. The people that want our own laws, but yet we aren’t going to start changing laws to suit Dave from Barnsley, because they’re currently pretty fair.

A few years after we’re out & nothing will have really changed. Of course people will have lost jobs because Clive Voted Brexit because he doesn’t like black people. But who cares? We can still make our own laws.

But are we currently in crisis? Absolutely not.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: June 29, 2019, 12:11:14 AM »

Just reading through media and social media and in all of this, I’ve never really believed the hype of us being a country in crisis. We aren’t rioting, unemployment is still going down, we’re still a very developed nation & the economy is fairly steady. We’re not in crisis.

Essentially we have gone backwards because the hatefulness & backward thinking folk got Brexit over the line. If Brexit does happen, we are of course going to go backwards even more, despite the progress before 2016. We’ve sat and seen ourselves as a country that isn’t racist and live off the world seeing us as polite old England, but the vote told us the opposite. The hateful agendas of those that got Brexit over the line is seeing us seen differently. Not that it matters.

What is more important is that nothing can really change from Brexit. People have warped minds if they think migration/immigration is going to stop, £39bn won’t be paid, it will be paid & if some of it isn’t, Will it all go to benefit us? Of course it won’t. The people that want our own laws, but yet we aren’t going to start changing laws to suit Dave from Barnsley, because they’re currently pretty fair.

A few years after we’re out & nothing will have really changed. Of course people will have lost jobs because Clive Voted Brexit because he doesn’t like black people. But who cares? We can still make our own laws.

But are we currently in crisis? Absolutely not.

Take it up with tighty 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18515 on: June 29, 2019, 07:26:01 AM »

Aaron, not sure if you can play the piano but if you posted a video of urself singing Imagine by John Lennon it would be a strong message to offer this thread

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: June 29, 2019, 08:25:05 AM »

Captions for either of these?

Osaka summit today

A stronger message would have been to refuse to shake his hand.

Makes us look bad as Brits.

Weak, pathetic handshake, pouting like a school kid that can't get what they want.

My initial response was to shake my head....at her.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: June 29, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

Was Boris Johnson right when he told the BBC that MPs are now ready to back a no-deal Brexit?

Bloomberg ran the numbers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-26/is-parliament-ready-to-back-a-no-deal-brexit-you-do-the-math

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: June 29, 2019, 10:32:54 AM »

"What the UK has failed to appreciate - and it’s a political failure of both frontbenchers - is that that EU is absolutely fine with our decision to leave"

Interesting thread on https://twitter.com/lukemcgee/status/1144382865796472832

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18519 on: June 29, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »

Why is no-one talking about the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election?

(this thread has been, its one of the more significant ones for a while with the govt majority so thin and the chance of remain fielding a single candidate)

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/why-is-no-one-talking-about-the-brecon-and-radnorshire-by-election-1-6131828

Chris Grey said overnight

"Not sure that 'no-one is talking' about it, but quite right to say that the outcome of this by-election could have a huge impact on what happens with Brexit and, therefore, the entire future of the UK. Can't think of a precedent for this ..."

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18520 on: June 29, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »

EU agrees deal with South American trade bloc Mercosur - it took 20 years to negotiate

roll on 2039 for us...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48807161

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18521 on: June 29, 2019, 10:36:45 AM »

and end on a more positive one

Interesting from Bruno Waterfield, who says the EU would be willing to offer Boris more flexibility than it offers May - if he plays ball

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/57ef6406-98e3-11e9-abb4-0b4b1e74d343

My eyes are open wide
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18522 on: June 29, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »

Good article from Simon Kuper in the FT. Along the lines...how can BJ, Corbyn and Farage be in such positions of power.

It’s behind a paywall, I’ll try and post a picture of it.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: June 29, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/5e4e0094-9796-11e9-9573-ee5cbb98ed36
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18524 on: June 29, 2019, 01:04:20 PM »

I gave up on posting pics of it. The FT subscription really is worth the 💰.
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: