blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195139 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18525 on: June 29, 2019, 01:54:06 PM »

"What the UK has failed to appreciate - and it’s a political failure of both frontbenchers - is that that EU is absolutely fine with our decision to leave"

Interesting thread on https://twitter.com/lukemcgee/status/1144382865796472832

Yep absolutely fine, it’s why they call us fuckers, traitors and special place in hell

It’s the sort of “absolutely fine” ex-girlfriends feel when they see their man with a new girl on Facebook

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18526 on: June 29, 2019, 02:37:21 PM »

Apropos the question about BBC bias

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17737182.people-are-sharing-this-incredibly-damning-question-time-graphic/

It seems that the BBC only invites MEPs on to QT if they are anti-EU.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18527 on: June 29, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »

Apropos the question about BBC bias

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17737182.people-are-sharing-this-incredibly-damning-question-time-graphic/

It seems that the BBC only invites MEPs on to QT if they are anti-EU.

There are many factors that skew this. They just don’t have anywhere else to go for (credible) people to represent leave. Obviously it’s very loose use of the word credible.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18528 on: June 29, 2019, 04:16:35 PM »

BBC presenter Sally Bundock “blasted” by bosses yesterday over biased interview and breaking “standards of due impartiality”

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18529 on: June 29, 2019, 04:23:40 PM »

here is the link https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9398338/bbc-host-brexit-bias-interview-wetherspoons-boss/

As the interview was with the horrendous Tim Martin, one would have thought she would get a free pass (joke!)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18530 on: June 29, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »

"What the UK has failed to appreciate - and it’s a political failure of both frontbenchers - is that that EU is absolutely fine with our decision to leave"

Yep absolutely fine, it’s why they call us fuckers, traitors and special place in hell

It’s the sort of “absolutely fine” ex-girlfriends feel when they see their man with a new girl on Facebook

Tusk referred to "Brexiteers without a plan" deserving a "special case in hell"

Which while hyperbolic, isn't referring to the UK as a country leaving in those terms

So lets not say that such a comment is at odds with the commission being "absolutely fine" with the outcome

They no doubt would have given us more credence if at any stage any of the proponents of the 63 versions of Brexit that 17.4m people thought they voted for had shown any credible plan!

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18531 on: June 29, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »

tbf Boris did call the French “turds” in return

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18532 on: June 29, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

Tusk referred to "Brexiteers without a plan" deserving a "special case in hell"

Which while hyperbolic, isn't referring to the UK as a country leaving in those terms

So lets not say that such a comment is at odds with the commission being "absolutely fine" with the outcome

They no doubt would have given us more credence if at any stage any of the proponents of the 63 versions of Brexit that 17.4m people thought they voted for had shown any credible plan!

You do have to wonder where we would be right now if we hadn’t had the May interregnum. If a Johnson/Gove ticket had stuck in the leadership election to replace Cameron.
Our negotiating tactics have been pretty poor, as satirised by Dead Ringers, whose version of David Davis had him haggling his taxi fare from €5 to €15 etc etc.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18533 on: June 30, 2019, 08:19:08 AM »

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/30/boris-johnson-might-never-enter-no-10-if-mps-withdraw-support

Clutching at straws or a genuine possibility?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18534 on: June 30, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »

Leaving under the terms of the WA is acceptable to some, me included. Gets us out, a stepping stone until technology solves the border issue..and allows other stuff to be negotiated.

...and now it seems 26+ Labour MP's would probably vote for this. Finally seeing the light there is nothing in the WA that Labour should find so objectionable to warrant the crisis of this cliff edge. 
 The million dollar question is if Boris can somehow get a bit of movement on the backstop to bring along the ERG........then bingo we move into transition and then talk about the future.

This isn’t meant as a criticism but this is a very pro Tory shout (maybe it’s pragmatic). They have us in a massive hole, no government ever put us in a bigger hole.

What hole exactly are we in?

As for the BBC being even and fair, well.........whilst I lolled, you only have to look at Simon McCoy and the post about the bus. Norman Smith is also hilariously so Pro Labour its  . When in the office, we all sit together shaking our heads at lunchtime at some of his comments.

Totally agree Mantis, but comments like that just get ignored by the 37% Labour biased thread....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18535 on: June 30, 2019, 09:31:46 PM »

Leaving under the terms of the WA is acceptable to some, me included. Gets us out, a stepping stone until technology solves the border issue..and allows other stuff to be negotiated.

...and now it seems 26+ Labour MP's would probably vote for this. Finally seeing the light there is nothing in the WA that Labour should find so objectionable to warrant the crisis of this cliff edge. 
 The million dollar question is if Boris can somehow get a bit of movement on the backstop to bring along the ERG........then bingo we move into transition and then talk about the future.

This isn’t meant as a criticism but this is a very pro Tory shout (maybe it’s pragmatic). They have us in a massive hole, no government ever put us in a bigger hole.

What hole exactly are we in?

As for the BBC being even and fair, well.........whilst I lolled, you only have to look at Simon McCoy and the post about the bus. Norman Smith is also hilariously so Pro Labour its  . When in the office, we all sit together shaking our heads at lunchtime at some of his comments.

Totally agree Mantis, but comments like that just get ignored by the 37% Labour biased thread....

I’m so confused by this last post.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18536 on: June 30, 2019, 09:33:09 PM »

An interesting spot for team ‘I’m alright Jack’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48818696
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18537 on: July 01, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »

This was a controversial one on Marr yesterday

Obviously the harder Hunt sounds to Tory members, the more chance he has of getting leaked votes away from Johnson

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18538 on: July 01, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »

The LSE's latest blog

Both Northern Ireland and the UK will suffer at least 3-4 % reduction in GDP per year for a decade as a consequence of Brexit |

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2019/06/24/both-northern-ireland-and-the-uk-will-suffer-at-least-3-4-reduction-in-gdp-per-year-for-a-decade-as-a-consequence-of-brexit/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18539 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »

If Johnson is elected & Dominic Grieve Margot James & Phillip Lee leave the Tory party (as they say they would), he will have no majority in Commons

interesting set of consitutional questions upcoming

https://constitution-unit.com/2019/06/30/six-constitutional-questions-raised-by-the-election-of-the-new-conservative-leader/

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: